Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If she were very accepting of your cross dressing -- would you date a trans woman?

Interesting post , but my answer would be no; with no disrespect to our transsexual sisters.

Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes

I will date anyone, as long as you let me be the girl 100% of the time.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Love to date a transwoman, the only problem is I'm married!

Quote Originally Posted by KayleeTaylor View Post
    Gender doesn't matter at all for me. It's all about what's in the heart not what's in the pants
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEgurl View Post
    I would in all circumstances suggested. If we connect and the feelings are strong and mutual, I would pursue a relationship.
    Yup...all pretty much sums it up for me too. Connection first, the hardware doesn't matter.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Carmen Carrera, hell yeah i'll date her, and have her children too...lol, dana

Banned Read only
    Thanks everyone who's answered so far. I really appreciate your candor however you answered, and I have to tell you that I really appreciate how respectful y'all have been! I was a little worried that this might be a really controversial question to ask, but I am delighted, and my heart is warmed, by your answers, be they "yes" or "no". I love you girls!

I guess I'll answer the opposite question for myself as a transsexual - because that only seems fair because y'all have been so honest with me. "Would I date, and be accepting of a CD?

So the short version is that the answer is categorically yes. Even if they are trans, and one day transition, and I lose the man I care about. I would be completely accepting of wherever their journey takes them if I loved someone. I would be totally willing to date a CD, be they "just a CD" or were more than that. If they dressed only a little, or partially, or fully and quite frequently. I'd find ways to have fun and be accepting of their gender identity.

My initial response to this interested and surprised me - because the one above, which I wholeheartedly feel now, wasn't "yes" - it was, in fact "no - I want a 'regular guy', and kind of the heteronormative relationship I'm used to seeing." This really did surprised me! I thought about it though, and I realized "what a bunch of bullshit - I want someone to be completely accepting of me, but I'm not willing to be accepting in return?" And my attitude really bothered me. It just seemed wrong - but I couldn't really pin down why I felt that way.

What I think it was, upon further reflection, is that I've always wanted to feel normal. I have a certain amount of grief that I'll never be a 20 year old bride getting photographed in the park before her wedding. I've missed most of my life as a woman. I just have - and this grieves me. So to make up for it - I'll just be "super-hetero girl!"

But look, that's bullshit too. I don't live, nor am I likely to, the same type of life I saw all the time before I started transition. I'm surrounded now by this wonderful community of LGBT people. I love it here, and I'm not leaving it. The hell with life I used to know. My life is going to be totally different than anything I've ever known. It's a mystery unrolling before me. And it's fun! And so realizing that, I let go of my grief, and I realized what a fool I'd be to turn down the affections of someone with whom I'd share a special bond that most people don't share, and could never understand.

So hell yes I'd date a CD! I know I could love a man who cross dressed, I could accept him however he expressed his gender identity. I'd never judge, and I'd maybe even be able to help him. And he'd understand me in a deeper way than some "regular guy". You know, come to think of it - "regular guys" can be pretty boring. What was I thinking?!?! I know for sure now that I could love a CD with all my heart.

I hope you all can appreciate my sincerity in writing this, and not hold my initial gut reaction against me. Hey, even being TS, thinking about gender and our relationships just doesn't come naturally to me. But I am trying to learn, and I am trying to grow, and I hope people here can be patient with me as I do.

Paula

It's not like I would have any say in it as a partner and if she wants it I obviously would be OK with it, but if my partner was a MTF transsexual, she really wouldn't have to go through SRS for me. It's not because I don't care about the 'plumbing' in the first place, but for me as a partner it wouldn't be worth it. If she's tough but feminine and likes my CD'ing, it might just be a match made in heaven.

Never a one night stand. Ick! If I had a connection with this person, I would support anthing they felt a need to pursue. I would not have a problem with trans this, or bi that. If I truly liked the person, and eventually grew to love them, I would be with them in any form they wished to live their life as. I can honestly say, that it's more so about the emotional connection and the sexual part comes from that. I could just as easily be with a man, cd, trans... you give it all the labels.. I don't care about the labels.. If I'm attracted and fall for a person, I really don't care what the plumbing is or the old plumbing was. It's so about connecting with somebody. The heart. The Mind.

If I was alone I'd say B,C,and D It wouldn't matter a bit. After the surgery that person is a woman as I see it.
    Angie
    Last edited by Angie G; 12-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.

absolutely and without a doubt - yes to all 4 questions. I've dated both men and women (am currently in a LTR with a gg) but gender isn't important as is whats in the person's head and heart.

Bree

A simple yes from me defiantly c, d........Alas i'm sure my wife would have something to say though....

I'm not currently on the market, since I've got a cisgender girlfriend (who's slowly warming up to the idea of working my CDing into our relationship). But I'd definitely date a transwoman. In fact, if I were looking, it might even be something that I'd seek out. I agree with Angie that a post-SRS trans woman is a woman, so I'd have no problem with it at all. I think, pre-SRS, the sexual possibilities might be too limited, but that wouldn't be an issue post-SRS. And since I'm not sure I even want kids anyway, the fact that we wouldn't be able to have kids biologically wouldn't be a problem for me at all.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    B and C. Although in the case of B I would hope she was pretty far along the road in her transition because I'm impatient like that.

Banned Read only
    @ Jennifer Kelly - believe me, most of us TS girls are pretty impatient too! Transition is a slow process, what can I say? I'm on the bullet train to girl town, and I'm probably a year and a half away from having a functional vagina that's ready to entertain company! What can you do, right?

Being married for so long to a wonderful and understanding lady, it is difficult not to accept for me not to be willing of the same acceptance. When a connection is made between two individuals, they build on the trust, understanding and acceptance that is necessary for the survival of the relationship. Problems arise when the outside world influences their behavior.

I only would hope that I would be as understanding if the shoe were placed on the other foot.