Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting others from here

Aspiring Member

Meeting others from here

I met another forum member today, DeeArel. Dee happened to be in the area so we met in girl mode. This was such a good relaxed meeting! We just sat around and chatted about whatever came to mind. All I can say is that if you have a chance to meet another forum member...do it! It was very rewarding! Jamie
    Last edited by JamieQ; 12-10-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Always so nice to meet others. Love your location. Some very fond memories drinking Southern Comfort and living in the South

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Jamie, I have to agree with you, it's great to meets some of the peeps here. I've met a few , all have been enjoyable.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Gold Member
    I am glad you were able to meet each other. I feel that we learn a lot from each other and I know I can always have time for another friend.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Having CD girlfriends is heaven on earth for those of us who share this passion. Might I suggest you two find a safe club or other place to meet for drinks or talking every week at the same time and day. Then let others know. Pretty soon you and others in your neighborhood will have a whole bunch of CD girlfriends to enjoy. I do, and it's absolutely wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Might I suggest you two find a safe club or other place to meet for drinks or talking every week at the same time and day.
    Alas, I travel each week so life is that not simple. However, I may be in our area in the future.

If any one has the chance to be in central Kentucky, give Jamie a shout. She is a real pleasure to interact with.
    Last edited by DeeArel; 12-11-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I enjoyed or meet up Dee and hope to do it again sometime.
    Jamie is a peach and lots of fun to be with.
    Maybe next time Dee we will be able to hook up in girl mode.

I have an idea Dee maybe I can get forum member Jean Marie to dress in drab and take us to dinner. He is a great date in guy mode.LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-11-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I would like to meet other girls from here ( I am new ) I have been having some great conversations thru email with people, but eventually I would like to meet some girls in my area

Jamie,
    It is good to meet others but you have to put aside very quickly the image you have built up about the other person.
    This can put a dampener on an otherwise pleasant meeting.
    I always remember they will have similar feelings.
    This apprehension does subside after a few meetings.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Central Missouri (near Columbia Missouri)
    It would be so nice to meet others that may share some common interests. Having a few new CD gurl friends, who share this passion can be very exciting and rewarding! It would be so exciting just to meet some new gurls friends in my area.
    I do consider myself 'Bi-Gender'. I have a lust for life and want to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. I have an open mind to most mutual pleasures with either genders. I have always been very curious about the Human Body and it is such a wonderful thing to share with others.

I've met a handful of folks from here in person. Always enjoyable. Hope to meet more.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have met two ladies that are also members here. Both are quite lovely, and I really enjoyed meeting them.
    Stephanie

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I've been fortunate enough to meet several of the girls from this forum in the Dallas, and Houston area. All really good people too
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Have been invited to meet some from Texas but out here it is way to far to drive just to meet over coffee then home again. If I was out I'm sure I would love meeting. I guess the conversation is usually about CD or do cd's talk guy stuff when they meet.

Aspiring Member
    Beverly,

I am not quite sure what you mean about putting aside the image I built up about the other person. I met these people with an open mind not really knowing what to expect. The last few people from here I met in person were just so sincere and in no way were any different that what they made themselves out to be on here...Even the first meetings went extremely well...I sensed no apprehension what so ever from myself or the other person

I know that is not always the case though. People always are not what they make themselves out to be...

We really talk a bit about the forum and the common theme that brought us together. Much of our talk is about everyday things that have nothing to do with CDing...

I drive quite a ways sometimes to meet someone, sometimes 2 hours one way. To me it is worth it.
    Last edited by JamieQ; 12-11-2013 at 04:05 PM.

I strongly encourage meeting up with fellow cders on this forum . We need the human contact to share, express, empathize & have some good laughs. Our lifestyles are crazy. I want peace & sanity in my life.

I've found Meet-up.com on line will give you the names of different groups or clubs where like-minded peeps meet. In my area there is Mid-Alantic TG community and T-girls United in closer to Philly

Central Missouri (near Columbia Missouri)
    As Melissa had stated above, I also strongly encourage meeting up with fellow CD'ers. We do need the human contact and to share, express, empathize with others who may share, this lifestyle and some common interests. Having some good conversations and maybe a few laughs together helps us understand our lifestyles and adds a little balance. It has been my experiences that meeting with other CD can be very rewarding!
    I do consider myself 'Bi-Gender'. I have a lust for life and want to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. I have an open mind to most mutual pleasures with either genders. I have always been very curious about the Human Body and it is such a wonderful thing to share with others.

You are so lucky to have met someone as I would love to me and have some other cd friends to chat and share with.

Jamie,
    I was under the impression you had not met others before.
    From past experience I know I have built up an image of someone only to find it is quite different.
    I do not let my expectations get away from me and always make the most of any meeting I have with someone.

I have not met many CDers but I have met some people who have transitioned .
    Some have made it successfully and some have not, which is sad I feel.
    Anyway, all good and I look forward to my opportunity some day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As Bev has said, sometimes we tend up to build up an image of someone and later, upon meeting them in person, are disappointed. We all have similar issues in this "business" and no one is perfect. I always invite them for a chat on the phone before the meeting if they are up to it. I'm an open and outgoing person but realize everyone is not the same due to circumstances. In any case, I never have any expectations built up before meeting someone in person and always just expect them to be themselves.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I went just being myself and I honestly think the they did the same. It is so nice to meet in person rather than emails, chat etc...One person has helped me immensely and that could not have been done online...

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I like my privacy, and don't trust anyone on the internet. I also have little interest in meeting CDs, sorry but its just the way I am.

I'd love to meet some girls from here. There is just nothing that replaces personal interaction with friends.

I had the chance to meet my best friend from this site. we met in drab but it was still fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]