Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presenting female

Presenting female

Hello Girls.
    I am new here and so many questions. First, I want to appologize to the administrators, I tried posting a new thread and put it in the wrong area. So sorry. So one of my questions for all is - How imortant is it for you to present female? I have only been dressing for a short time and for me, I would like to present myself as female as possible. I guess I would like to be passable but have a lot to learn. I am a fast study though LOL. Would love to hear any feedback
    Bree

Yep, that's what it is for me in a nutshell: the art of trying to present myself as a woman. Just wearing women's clothes doesn't cut it for me. As to why I do it is a completely different question

Hi Bree, for me everything I do, is to present myself as much as a woman as possible.

Be patient Hon, it doesn't happen overnight unless you happen to know of a spare fairy godmother hanging around somewhere.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It is very important.

Go to the mall and watch the guys as they walk around - now imagine them in a dress and low heels. Do you want to look like that or do you want to look like the girl(s) that just passed you by.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Aspiring Member
    Bree: I try and present myself as a mature 60 y.o. woman when dressed. I always try to wear my clothing and makeup to be appropriate for my age. I do experiment with costumes and other things but I usually do this when alone, or sometimes if my Sweetie is feeling frisky.

Danielle

Aspiring Member
    Bree...
    I am a 63 old (hate that word) and dress in that fashon only. If you want to be discovered, embarassed and embarass all us, present yourself in that mode. As mentioned before, there is a time and place to play.
    Fortuneta

Silver Member
    Welcome here Bree, to this very friendly forum! No matter how long you have been "dressing", there is always some aspect of your femininity you can improve upon. It is more than the dress, makeup, heels, and wig. It is practicing your attitude, voice, motion, and being comfortable and confident in your feminine side. Some of us have spent years trying to emulate GG's and are still learning. Go slow, dress for your age & size, then practice, practice, practice, but enjoy the results.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuneta View Post
    .............If you want to be discovered, embarassed and embarass all us, present yourself in that mode. As mentioned before, there is a time and place to play..............
    Did I miss something here? How does Bree wishing to present as female and go out and about, embarrass any of us?

Bree, Youtube is a fantastic resource for many of your questions. There are many absolutely brilliant and free lessons that willl help you along your path. I always recommend themakeupchair for makeup but make up your own mind on that one.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Like the Hokey Pokey.... That's what its all about...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree. I want to appear to be the woman I would have been had I been born female.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-12-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

Hi Bree, I don't try to present as female at all. I am in a minority here I think. Some need to present as female, often as near to perfect as possible. The reasons vary, and can change. I have a theory that for some of us (myself as one example) the need is to be able to express another side to their personality that they have suppressed, but don't feel able to do that as a male. (I've got past that, now I am working on getting more used to displaying what I want, without trying to look female) One thing that I've noticed is how some members attitudes have changed as they get past the idea that crossdressing is wrong. Once you get to that point, it becomes more important, (and sometimes easier) to tell friends and loved ones about it. Not saying you should do that, you know the risks involved, though I know being able to be open with my GF and talk about it has helped me a lot.

EDIT: Forgot, Welcome, good luck on this journey, and have fun!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    to me its important to be passable and present as a woman, its part of the fun, and part of the art..I treat my body like it is a work of art...feeding it the right foods, sculpting it, painting it, styling it, taking care of it..I have never been healthier ! Enjoy the journey, its fun !

Some really great views and tips already. Thanks girls. I am soaking this all in. This journey is going to be a bit easier now with some friends to talk to.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Even though I started young and have come along way, I still have a lot to improve on and life continues to throw me new challenges. Seriously at 26 now my beard finally wants to come in more fuller? I never used to have to worry about beard cover, but I will very soon if this continues, and have to shave prior to going out to avoid looking like the bearded lady if I'm out for too long.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 12-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Platinum Member
    Common question. My answer...it's very important for me. I don't expect to pass, but I strive to present as well as I can within my limitations.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    "How important is it for you to present female?" A lot! ... at least it is for me.

I guess there is some "room for maneuver" depending on what you want. By that I mean it can slightly change depending on what you're doing and where you are. For example, if I am out on a busy Saturday night in a downtown mainstream restaurant, and I am standing in line in the ladies room with all the other GGs waiting for a cubical, then you can bet I am trying my very best to look sound and act as female as possible. On the other hand if I am at a TG support group meeting at a private room in a hotel then my desire to present as female is still there but the pressure is less as everyone there already knows about me and so it's not quite so important when I don't pass.

My advice is study your art. Clothes choices, makeup skills, feminine deportment, try to make your voice sound less masculine, etc etc. All these sorts of things help because IMHO I think you're likely to be accepted more if you "try". So say you're doing everything you can to pass yet you still get read in the local supermarket. I think that there's more of a likelihood that people are going to treat you as the gender you are trying to present as, rather than you just looking and acting like a dude in a dress and heels. Give them enough clues and they'll "play along". That's my goal anyway.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-11-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I try to present as female all the time. GEEEZ! Wat a ways to go. lol

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Bree, I don't always present as female, but, when I am out and about as Amy, I am trying, not only to look like a woman, but to be a woman, in all ways that matter.

Judging from your picture, I'd say you have a pretty good starting point! Just keep working on it, improving your overall presentation, and develop confidence, and one day you will step out, too, if you so desire!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Bree,
    Start off with the right attitude and you will make it for sure.

When I present as female I like to know that I have all the i's dotted and the t's have been crossed.

I would never go out without the appropriate hair do.
    Sometimes a bit skimpy on the makeup, but then I have a smooth face and fair complexion.

Work at it and take photos or videos of yourself so as you can get rid of that man walk.
    When out keep your back straight and your boobs will poke out.
    That is the way women walk, not hunched over trying to hide them.

Last thing, when standing, keep your legs together.

An air of confidence helps too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuneta View Post
    Bree...
    I am a 63 old (hate that word) and dress in that fashon only. If you want to be discovered, embarassed and embarass all us, present yourself in that mode. As mentioned before, there is a time and place to play.
    Fortuneta
    Really? Re-read her post.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    when I am out and about as Amy, I am trying, not only to look like a woman, but to be a woman, in all ways that matter.
    I think you owe us an explanation. What's the difference between trying to present as a woman and trying to be a woman to you? What can we mere mortals who only try to present as a woman do to actually be a woman?

Thanks Beverley,
    I am seeing that there are so many little things that can make a big difference. Since you brought up the walk, I had also heard that while keeping your back straight you should drop your shoulders to soften them. I have been working on dropping them without looking hunched over. Do you think that helps as well

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    Even though I started young and have come along way, I still have a lot to improve on and life continues to throw me new challenges. Seriously at 26 now my beard finally wants to come in more fuller? I never used to have to worry about beard cover, but I will very soon if this continues, and have to shave prior to going out to avoid looking like the bearded lady if I'm out for too long.
    This happens sometimes, unfortunately. Facial hair can continue to turn terminal well into your 20s.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I know that I'm probably never going to be a woman so, I've become comfortable with being a man that strays into female territory in different degrees. Whether it's under dressing from just panties to full forms, corset and stockings. Complete passable jeans and sweater, light makeup and flats. Or, full buxom Jessica Rabbit over the top. I just love it all. And, as I mentioned before, there's always that lure of pushing the envelope a little. Grocery shopping in a maid's dress maybe? Reality and fantasy. Gotta have both.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!