Thread: A Step Forward in our Relationship

Gone to live my life

A Step Forward in our Relationship

Hi all,

As some of you may know from my previous threads, while my wife is completely accepting and supporting of my CDing, she has indicated that she would not go out with me dressed. This is not because she is ashamed but because she does not wish to see any hurt which may be heaped on me from others.

So imagine my surprise when she indicated she would be willing to attend outings with my support group. We normally meet twice a month for dinner out. Now I know some will say that she is okay with it because it will be a group of CDers. However, I am touched by the gesture as this means she will still have to be seen in public with me. We normally talk about all my outings and I think she is beginning to realize that there are not as many pitchforks and torches as she thought there were.

Hugs

Isha

Isha (hugs) that is so great. You are so lucky to have a wonderful woman in your life that cares about you. My wife feels the same way, about going out in public, she is worried about ignorant people affecting me. The meetings sound fun, I wish I could meet some more others in my area. Have fun!
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

and to quote...oh yeah! You!... "baby Steps" lol. Good for you.

Banned Read only
    This is very good news, and very good progress on her part, Isha. I'm really happy for you - I am a real fan of happy endings to the stories here. Even a little victory is still a victory. And I think this one is really pretty sizable, especially after the bad scare she got with you before.

Be careful, she might have fun and want to go out with you more often. I made really good friends with a SO in one of the groups and she was really sad that I moved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

Banned Read only
    Very nice Isha, congrats That is very sweet of your SO to take another step forward to be able to share this part of your life with you

Kaylee

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    That is great, Isha! Keep us informed on how it went after she attends!

Wonderful!!!

OSHA, Thanks for sharing this wonderful development. I envy what the 2 of you share. You both must be special people and love each other very much. Nancy

Very nice, I do think a lot of our accepting wifes feel the same, it's no or hobby, but about witnessing how others react to our hobby.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    So great for you Isha hon, for those of you ladies that have supportive wives have such special gals.
    I don't say mine isn't because she is very special in her way I do wish she would support my dressing though. I know it's prob never going to be that way but it's ok
    I just love reading these success stories however of you girls.
    Thanks for sharing Isha

Congrats on this big step forward Isha. My wife has went out with me a few times and it meant the world to me as I'm sure it will for.

Erica,

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    No "pitchforks and torches", just salad forks and candles!

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeG View Post
    Be careful, she might have fun and want to go out with you more often. I made really good friends with a SO in one of the groups and she was really sad that I moved.
    We're all really sad that you moved, Aimee.

Isha,
    Certainly a step forward and guide her through any embarrasing moments she may come up with.
    Be gentle.
    I am pleased for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Wonderful, so happy for you. Glad you get to experience this together. Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Banned Read only
    Isha, She truly loves you and I know from experience she worries more about how you are perceived than you would ever notice for yourself. My wife is the same way. While I am basking in the moment, she notices every look, every stare, and regardless she is by my side. Just as your wife is in support of you regardless of what anyone might think. And you know what! God Bless, we are lucky girls aren't we! Good for you Isha!

I am very happy for you. It is encouraging maybe someday I will be so lucky.

That's Great news Isha.
    Angie

Hi isha, Your S/O has taken a very big step. My wife an I just got married, we have been together for 8 yrs. She had a very tough summer almost died. It came about one of the times that I had to bring her to the Emerg. Rm. We are 71 an 72 . my biggest problem now is that we are both the same size in cloths an shoes. We go every were together as sisters, it a race to see who gets what cloths an shoes, we do have matching outfits. You look very good so going out in public should be no problem, the fear is in her mind an its so much fun when you are accepted. JO

Delighted for you Isha - long may the progress continue.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Isha I am so very happy for you. What a wonderful Wifey you have. I am always soooo happy when I hear happy stories come from my Sisters on this board.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Gone to live my life
    Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for all your kind comments. My wife and I have discussed this again and she is looking forward to an outing, we just need to find time now with all the holiday stuff coming our way.

Hugs

Isha

Sounds like you have a great wife. I'm so happy for you. Give her a great big hug for all of us.

Consider yourself blessed. You both are very lucky.

Congrats isha !!!

@--}-----