Thread: 2014

As the New Year rapidly approaches do you feel women are becoming more accepting of different lifestyles including CD.

i do feel some woman are which is nice. i hope they are for me this afternoon as i am going into a lingerie store to try on some items, been there before tho went well

As much progress has been made for other LGBT lifestyles, I think CDers are still mostly seen as creepy old men, a bit like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs...

But that only goes for my part of the world! I know a lot of places will be more open

IMO the answer is "YES". However I would include the present younger generation, of both genders, in general. Chalk it up to the tremendous growth in apps that piles huge amounts of information into young minds and the ability to locate subjects heretofore taboo on the Internet. Then add the great strides made by the GLBT communities and barriers are breached like never before.
    Julie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I think girls already are. ..but thats in my area ( Tri-State)....good luck with the guys....even the ones that wont admit they find us sexy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think women are more accepting these days.The rest of the population seems to be coming around.

Gone to live my life
    I agree that women tend to be more accepting of CDing. I have come out to several female friends and they all seemed quite cool with the whole Isha thing. They treat me as they always have when I am "en boy" and have all expressed support in going out with me to help normalize my socializing. I have also come out to several male friends and I have to be honest I was shocked at the level of acceptance however it is different from the women I have come out to. The guys are all about the "I'm there for you brother regardless" and "Never would have guessed but to each their own" and "So are we still going to smoke cigars, drink beer and shoot pool?". While they still socialize and interact with "male me" as though nothing has changed . . . I doubt any would be willing to go out with Isha ... and do the things we do as guys . . . then again in fairness I have never asked.

So I do hold out good thoughts for humans a species considering some of these guys can be seen as some real manly men.

Hugs

Isha

The older I get them more accepting people are to CDs

Hi When I was in Ct it seemed to be getting started . I am now in Florida an any were I go I feel accepted. I have a wife that loves me as a women so she has worked with me so that I now blend in real good, we have a lot of fun going out as sisters. we have the same color hair and style. Losing weight helps too, I am down 45 lbs and can get into a size 14 skirt and hot pants. Want to lose more. JO

No more than last year Krystal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Probably no more or less than previously. It depends on the individual people mostly.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not in my experience. I always hear about and read about all of these accepting GFs and wives. I have yet to meet any. I'd like to know where they all hide and how to find them.

Aspiring Member
    I believe that there is steady and rapid progress. In Scotland shops, hotels, restaurants, beauticians and so on have long been accepting, but reactions in places I am new to or with people I have not met before are becoming normalised. Almost always now I get the same reaction a woman would get using a fitting room. Now we need to see more men in the public eye wearing skirts and dresses to take acceptance to the next stage, so that men can go to work in most situations in skirts, heels, etc.

I believe that society is becoming more accepting of TG and CD's. More movies, more open support groups in the general community and on every college campus. If 2014 isn't our year it will be soon. Happy New Year to All, Algoma

Society in general and women in particular are more accepting. Just as long as you aren't dating them.

Nope. I don't think so.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Slow progress, I think. Many people still think that all crossdressers are gay. (Not that that is a bad thing.) A woman who was strongly religious said to my cd friend, "You know that sodomy is a sin, don't you?"

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Society in general and women in particular are more accepting. Just as long as you aren't dating them.
    Indeed. My girlfriend is having a bit of a hard time with it. But I came out to a GG friend of mine and she was very accepting.

None that matter to my current life.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    It might be a locality thing, but I agree with Angela about the creepy old man thing. Maybe it's because there are a lot of CDer's who ARE creepy old men.

I like to believe they are.

Shelly