Thread: On a high!

On a high!

I've just come back from my first big CD social event. Our local CD/TG support group had a Christmas party at a local hotel. There were about 60 people there. It was my first time really going out in public... had to walk about 150m past the reception desk from the room where I changed to the party. No-one batted an eyelid.

At the party, another first: First time I danced en femme. Yes, cliches, but I had to dance to "Dancing Queen" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Just had to share.

Congratulations! What did you wear?

way to go girl

Awesome! Once you've learned that most eyelids won't be batted you have so much more freedom

Quote Originally Posted by valerieg View Post
    Congratulations! What did you wear?
    Thanks. I had on a pink lace dress that ended just above the knee and a black sweater from Le Chateau (a Canadian retailer). Also had 3" heels from Le Chateau. The sweater came off when I was dancing.

If I ever get enough courage, I will post pictures.

Grats on your first big outing! The more you get out there the easier you'll find it becomes!
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Sounds like it was heaps of fun!

I'd be a very happy girl if I get to go to an event like that, surrounded by like minded people. But, I'm very much "in training" at the moment

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Well done girl. The first time is such an incredible experience. It's amazing that we don't have heart failure right then and there!

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Congratulations on your first big event! As the others have said, it certainly gets easier each time. It seems crazy, and I didn't believe it, but it does. its pretty amazing at how few people "bat an eye" at us, maybe just a sign that people are getting more accepting.

Yeah!
    Great songs to dance to, nothing like a lot of cliches, as long as they are good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

GOOD FOR YOU ! glad you had a good time...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Dawn,
    Congratulations on your first outing in public. It is stories like yours that really inspire us to push our limits on crossdressing. I have always wanted to attend such an event and your story has given me more thoughts of finally pushing forward to do it.

Thank you for sharing your nice story with us. Please, post a picture of you in your pretty dress.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Dawn,

Congrats on attending the XMAS party. I was unable due to a previous commitment. However next both my wife and I will be attending.

Glad you had a great time and congrats on your first time out in public.

Hugs

Isha

Dawn,
    THANK YOU for sharing your feelings with us.
    I can relate. My first real outing with a group of others was amazing too - with the TN Vals.

Now I see that there are LOTS of events that we can attend if we have the time & money.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    congrats that sounds like you had a blast.....dancing is one of my favorite activities !!!