Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advantages of an older CDer

Advantages of an older CDer

A recent response to another thread led to wondering are there advantages to being among the elder CDers? Things like: skin is looser so cleavage is easier; some gynecomastia occurs with aging; more funds to spend on clothes; retired so more time to dress; have learned dress and shoe sizes by now; SO knows and accepts; accepted that this is not going away. Any others?

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    You have covered most of them Laura Especially the SO part. Also you reach an age where you are more accepting of yourself...Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Young crossdressers can look forward to getting to be old crossdressers. Old crossdressers cannot look forward to being young crossdressers.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gold Member
    Yes, I agree with both of you; My wife was OK with my dressing, even picking
    out outfits in the catalog for me to get.
    At lease their is one positive perk to getting old.
    Rader

Only one I can think of. I'm older so I don't give a hoot.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I agree with Kate Simmons, the older I get the less I care what people think.

- Don't forget to add that gray beard hair is also far easier to cover up with make up and a good foundation, as that dreaded "blue shadow" is now no longer an issue.

- As men's testosterone levels and women's estrogen levels begin to decline with age, they start to look more and more like each other - especially when it comes to facial features.

- It's a sad reflection on today's society, but alas! - also true: older women tend to become invisible when out in public as they attract far fewer admiring glances than their younger sisters. The good news is that this also enhances the ability of older CDers to either "pass" or "blend in" with very few problems and thus fly under the radar.

That said, one thing I've found is that SA's are particularly enthusiastic about serving older female customers as they are often perceived as having a well-developed fashion sense. They are also seen as knowing from experience what looks good on them and what doesn't, are more susceptible to flattering comments regarding what they happen to be trying on, and best of all from an SA's standpoint - often have far more disposable income than their Gen X, Y, and Millennial counterparts. They are therefore far more apt to part with their money if they see an outfit that speaks to them.

One thing that could be considered a pro or con: If planning to go out from time to time, tight fitting clothes --- jeans, skirts or dresses --- are out of place.
    Since I don't have a feminine figure that's fine with me. Doesn't mean that they can't be slightly form fitting, just not tight. Also, the need for tucking isn't required.
    One more: When you do go out and OBVIOUSLY are in late 60s or more --- onlookers seldom give that person a second glance and the kids don't see a possible object for derision. Just thunk ( MY word) of another: Old women tend to start looking like men --- making it a lot easier to emulate.
    Julie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    First..let me say that very young transgendered has serious advantages of skin tone etc. along with a much more accepting set of peers.

Having said that, women who are 60+, even those incredibly well dressed and attractive garner much less notice. Add to that the coalescing of features of the genders at advanced age and passing can become remarkably easier. Let me be direct...it's not necessarily that we pass better but the distinction between genders narrows. No one is willing to guess wrong so we are better taken at face value.

Works for me!

Older CDs

Leslie, either you were reading over my shoulder while i was typing OR I was I was looking over yours.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    ...older women tend to become invisible when out in public as they attract far fewer admiring glances than their younger sisters. The good news is that this also enhances the ability of older CDers to either "pass" or "blend in" with very few problems and thus fly under the radar....
    This was the one I was about to state, and I'm not convinced that even older GGs are unhappy about losing the level of attention that younger GGs either enjoy or endure. I'm tall and have a slim figure so I get initial looks from younger men but then the attention goes away as soon as they see my face and determine that I'm not potential bedroom material. Frankly, I don't quite know how I would handle it if I was hit upon!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Another advantage is that some of us have a bit more flesh on the chest. With the right corselette I can push up enough to fill my 38B bra very nicely. I'm a size 14 dress so this is well proportioned for my 5'5" frame.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I'm not potential bedroom material.
    Eryn, I think you hit the nail on the head. We pass, we're not 'evaluated' and we don't even have to show our Golden Age card

Ineke

For me it as simple as being around to remember the "Good Old Days" and still being able to add a little to those wonderful memories and adventures. Like I always say it's worth something just being around to b!t*h!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Platinum Member
    Physically, I'd miss the youthful skin, lean body mass and boundless energy of youth. But I'm grateful to have grown past the self doubt, self loathing, guilt, shame and fear that seems to accompany youth for transgendered people.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I dunno - have you ever tried to spread eyeliner on 50 yo guy eyelids? It's like painting painting concrete!
    On the plus side, I've really come to love middle-aged women's looks and have no trouble not being noticed by most men when out & about. Most men, except pervs like myself, do not really seem to even look once at modestly dressed older women, or women-like men.

Best,
    SS

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I have more dresses, hosiery, lingerie, shoes, wigs and makeup than I did years ago on the plus side. Not sure they out-weigh the additional wrinkles and extra pounds that age has brought my way.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Banned Read only
    Hey SS, I try to do it most every day--and boy, it IS hard. But, with years of practice, lots of potions and plenty of foundation, the crags and crevices can still be filled almost level. That challenge is worth the face looking back in the mirror if it goes well that day. Time is not on our side, but I for one intend to enjoy as many of them as I can until I can no longer hold the mascara steady enough to put it on. And as for those short, tight skirts, I still like them--a lot. Yeah, I'm a floozy.

I'm afraid I see no advantages whatsoever. In my 70s I am happy to report that the 'buzz' associated with CD-ing remains strong. I enjoy planning my next session, ordering/buying items for it, photographing myself in a variety of locations and 'poses' & editing the results.

All this has of course only been made possible since the advent of the digital age. I remember all too well the difficulties with photography when one had to send films away to be developed and printed!! And incidentally, lots of male-sized femme items, wigs &c. were only available on mail order catalogues.

One advantage remains: Being able to take 25 years off one's appearance with a bit of make-up and donning a 'crowning glory'.....a nice femme wig. The down side is trying to remember to remove all traces of CD activity before prying eyes return!!

M.

Yep, what they said.

With advanced age comes advanced experiences both good and bad, learning more form the bad experiences. As said above, being older was care less what others thinks because we finally realized that their opinions are usually useless even though think otherwise. We are more pragmatic, generally have more confidence and tend to know which priorities are real ones and which ones can be ignored. We also can see that the light at the end of life's long tunnel which also means that we are getting closer to the end of that damned tunnel.

Like some famous singer used to sing, "Don't worry, be happy". Oh, how true is that because how we feel depends on ourselves and not someone else.

How about all of the above...plus, knowing full well that life is short and the clock is ticking? We need to do, be, and experience what we can while we can.

Kate

Older CDer's dont have the advantage of a slim body, smooooth! facial features, nice unblemished hands, shapely legs, need I go on?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

it also seems as though with advancing age, the sexes seem to become somewhat more androgynous; by the time you hit your eighties it's sometimes hard to tell the girls from the boys; skin gets old and saggy, fat accumulates, breasts sag in women and get bigger in men. we seem to approach a sort of gender homeostasis….

Older CDer's dont have the advantage of a slim body
    Wha?? Speak for yourself, please!
    Just a smidge over 10 stone (and size 8-10 US!) and been that way for over a decade since I quit drinking and got off the couch.

Regards, SS