Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advantages of an older CDer

Another advantage some of us older girls have: we've survived our divorce from the bewildered first wife, and have had the time and luck to find a copacetic partner. That is everything to me, a partner who not only accepts, but enables. Frees dual me to explore and evolve without having to hide and defend.

But what's that you say Skirtsuit, to be youthfully slim we have to get off the couch and quit drinking? Egad, who knew? I don't think I am ready.

My older eyes can't see the wrinkles and think I'm kind of hot when I look in the mirror.
    Live and let dress.

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Amen and amen! I just wish there were a lens on my camera that was kinder. Are there old lenses?
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-18-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

I can relate to many of the comments. Eyes are good and bad. I take glasses off to put on makeup but can't see well enough do it neatly. But with bad eyes, I still look awesome the mirror.

Also, I found that as I hit my 60's, I guess my testosterone started to diminish and my body has become less hairy. I only have to shave my chest and underarms, etc about every 3-4 months to keep things looking more feminine. Applying moisturizer to my face, neck shoulders and arms has really made my skin feel soooo much softer and femme, too.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    So I'm retired now. I no longer represent an employer, I'm financially secure, no longer attached to someone I don't particularly like, and an 800 square foot apartment with a garage suits me perfectly. I answer to no one, have pretty good taste in clothes, and know how to look good in both boy and girl modes. I have fun hobbies, cool cars, and a bunch of CD girlfriends. Oh yeah, and apart from "turkey neck" and an extra chin when looking down, I'm pretty fortunate to still be looking good for my age! I may only have another 10 to 20 years left, but they're the best years of my life.

I think for me at least, my kids will be older and out of our house! They are still under high school age and only know daddy as daddy. I don't want to freak them out with high school and therapy all at the same time...

Joni

Not that i want to be aby older but i think some of the advantages are that you may be more financially secure, even retired, so you dont have to worry about your employer finding out. Also that you get less attention from young males who tend to be more aggressive. Differences between sexes seem most extreme at prime breeding age so your further away from that.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I agree with Kate Simmons, the older I get the less I care what people think.
    Exactly! Fortunately for me I have pretty much always been that way!

I also agree with Kate, The older I get the more comfortable I am with who I am
    and the less I care what people think.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

It's great that Laura started this thread-- we've had several that bemoaned getting older. Lots of positives here. I've experienced some of what you all have said, especially about the reactions to an older lady, or at least someone who presents as one.

I'll add this -- thinning hair makes it easier to wear a wig. And oh yes senior discounts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Yeah, my first 20 or so years a a CDer, I tried to flaunt myself. Big boobs, eyelashes, whatever. Now that I have matured (70), I am perfectly happy being within myself with nice, softer looking bustline, age appropriate makeup and clothes and I am happy to be a mature woman! I am loving it more every day!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I certainly agree with everyone here and the general consensus seems to be that age is advantageous to crossdressing. I might add that generally at our age we've already raised the children, figured out money, planned the retirement and the husband/wife partnership is pretty well set. Life's little hiccups just aren't the crisis' that they used to be.

Also, all the feminine accoutrements and embellishments tend to make us appear 10, 20 or even 30 years younger. Just check my profile, I'm pushing 60.

And afterwards, we're just that grumpy old fart.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Two negatives don't make a positive! Being old sucks and being a Crossdresser is a close second place! lol. So how you can extrapolate and kind of real advantage is beyond.... ok maybe old people don't give a rats ass so they could care less what others think of their crossdressing... personally id trade all the "advantages" to be either young or not crossdressing... or both.... "I can't wait to get old to be a better crossdressers" said no one ever!
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-12-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    See, grumpy old fart!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I would gladly trade all of the perceived advantages of being older to be in high school or even in my 20's right now. My life would have been way different in today's society, which is FAR more accepting. I feel that I lost the years when I probably could have looked my best. I am very depressed that I don't have a lot of good years left before it gets very difficult to pull off an acceptable look.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    See, grumpy old fart!
    Who's old? I was talking about all the other old bats here! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gee, I don't know. Ask me in a few years. hahahaha

I have worked a lot of years to become that grumpy old fart. ask anyone around, they will tell you
    I am that person.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Definitely have to agree with the income part. I never appreciated how expensive it was to be a woman, and it's not a 24/7 thing for me. I don't know how younger people do it.

I'd love to be young and able to transition as a teen. Before all that facial and body hair. To develop into a shapely woman. Too late for me now.

karren

we aren't old just mature girls LOL

Susie

A hard question for me to answer since I did not start until in my 60's, thus already fit the older profile. I would say that I care less about what others think, can afford things more and have greater freedom to do things. Also, being later in life I have an established relationship with my wife, thus acceptance from her was easier. The hard part is self acceptance that I'm not going to look like a younger woman or like the models I see. But, if I accept myself and stay within what I have to work with (lol) I'm OK.

Banned Read only
    The advantage of being more mature or elderly is the various discounts at stores. Also, not having to account to any boss. Not having to conform to any schedule. I have ample time to be en femme, but, then again, I have ample time to just plain roam around and do my thing.

And, I'm like Karen. Life still would be easier not being a cross dresser.

I'm young, but I can imagine experience is one of the advantages. Maybe self acceptance and reaching a point where you don't care what others think of you. However, this depends on the person, I guess