Thread: First time out in a really long time

First time out in a really long time

So I took a sabbatical from dressing for a while. Well, that break is over. Going out for the first time in a long time today. Thinking about going dress shopping en femme. Really nervous tho. Honestly, it feels like the first time again. Anybody else ever feel like that after a long break?
    I am not who you think I am

Leyna...just go and do it~! I am so proud that you have brought yourself to go out en femme. I have building up the courage and the wardrobe little by little. first it was the undressing and the secretly feeling of what I was wearing underneath my clothes and now its the forms that I love to wear that, pardon the pun...wait for it...Project an image of who you want to be! Thank God for cold weather and heavy jackets!
    Mychelle

After a long break it seems a bit odd, but like riding a bike you never lose the skill.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Leyna do what your heart desires, as long as you do no harm to others, then please yourself. I am older and can say I have tried to stop off and on. It seems once it's in you then set some limits and do what you want with it. A step at a time but the result just keeps getting bigger it seems.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Leyna, I just just came out of the closet after a 10 year self imposed stay. Didn't work. I got all my new make-up and one outfit to wear while shopping to replenish my new wardrobe. I was shocked that I had not forgoten any of my make-up skills and have returned to easily passing as my girl self in public. In one way it's bad because the 'Pink Fog" is now thicker than ever and I have to get out dressed as much as I can or I'll go crazy. With a non-supportive wife, it is not easy. But I love my male and female self as they are and would not change who I am for anything. Love Steph. Have fun. Welcome back to the girls' world.

It has been a long time since I have been out too. I'm planning on going out as soon as possible and yes, it kinda feels like the first time again. I am living in a new place where I am free to dress as I please and I'm loving it. Hope you have a good time. Let us know how it goes.

Ciara

Fun day, picked up a new black & white dress at Bealls Outlet that is just adorable. Used the ladies dressing room without a second thought or a second glance. Only down side was the checkout girl called me "sir." I hate that! Yes, I know I'm not passing, but could you at least pretend I am? I mean, I am a customer, right?``
    I am not who you think I am

I haven't been "sir"ed at a checkout yet, but then again I haven't been "ma'am"ed that many times either. Reading your post I'm thinking that you should just say out loud what you typed here... "Aww, can't you at least pretend?"