Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why the female name?

Quote Originally Posted by Dani0948 View Post
    Never had a female name until I found this site. Most here had a female name, so I decided to create a name derived from my male name.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    lurked for a day, everyone else had one, didn't want to break what seemed the protocol of the forum. ....
    see i wonder how many were just giving into the peer pressure!

Because it would feel weird to address or introduce myself with a male name when in femme. Continuing to use a male name just raises more questions as far as I see it. It's about the challenge of trying to pass.

I chose a fairly "normal" name albeit with an uncommon spelling with that little extra 'h', but it's been one that has been bumping around in my head for years.

- Kathrina "Kat" [redacted ]

Needed a Name to use here so went with my rockband avatars name Dana.
    Dana M

a female name to feel more feminine

I'm one of those that feels the same whether dressed or not. I go out to many venues dressed and meet many people.

It's difficult when dressed femme to introduce yourself saying "Hi, my name is Butch". Much easier to use a femme name.

Jodi

My parents wanted a girl but got a boy, so they named me Nicole.
    Just kidding - all the other valid reasons have aready been stated.

Silver Member
    I needed one since most of the times I go out dressed I'm heading for some salon treatment so I needed a name that fit my appearance. I also find it to be disconcerting when I'm dressed and I'm addressed with a male pronoun. Sort of kills the mood!

It just seems "normal" to look at myself in the mirror and think that I am looking at Crissy.

TL;DR on the thread, but in reply to the first post: the female name for many people, myself included, is an "avatar" of sorts. If you're into gaming/internet related stuff you'll better understand it.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Mink,

There is something about the human condition that wants to exam and explain away discontinuity. For example, if one is looking out at a perfectly still snow covered landscape the eye takes in the whole landscape. However, if something moves, the discontinuity, the eye involuntarily focuses in on the movement. Same thing with sound. If one is in a perfectly quiet room, the brain doesn't focus in on the normal background noise. If conditioned enough, the ears don't conscientiously pick the rumbling of train passing by. But something out of the ordinary, say the breaking of a window or the noise of dripping water between the walls, the ears pick up on the sound. Both of these are evolutionary survival traits.

Put the two together, sight and sound, when out and about trying to blend in, not from your perspective, but that of the viewer/listener. If one presents reasonably well, one can mingle without drawing a lot of attention. If one is over the top, the discontinuity draws attention. Same thing with the name. If one presents well and is introduced with a feminine name, usually not a problem and no additional scrutiny. However, if one is introduced with a non-ambiguous male name that only draws attention and additional scrutiny to oneself. If one does a self introduction with a booming deep bass voice, mingling unnoticed is out of the question.

“The Boy Named Sue” – Johnny Cash

How do you find out your female name?

Valerie was going to be my name had I been born a girl. But its just part of the fun. So how about turning yourself into a symbol like Prince?

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I mentioned this thread's topic to my wife while we were out shopping and I was dressed as a girl. She laughed and said "well it would be pretty weird to call you by your male name right now."

Ms. Mink, Who would use there real name on the internet? Not me, so I came up with one use here and a few other places for my girl self.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

only after joining forums like this did i realise i need a fem name
    and chose daphne ?? as a kid me and my sister would play a lot together including dressing up
    but thats a different story , and for some reason she called me daphne
    might have been from scooby doo but I'm not sure
    ive also got 2 brothers ,who i used to work with and one of the other guys at work also called me daphne
    i don't know why and never thought to ask ,i didn't know that my brothers knew that name
    to be honest id rather have different name ,but wouldn't that be cheating?
    happy christmas