Thread: Trans friendly Kentucky

Trans friendly Kentucky

I may have an opportunity to move to Kentucky. I would love to hear from anyone who lives there as to which cities are trans friendly and which ones to avoid.

Mods: I wasn't sure if this was the right place for this.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Louisville is the best place to be. They have a fairly active transgender community and have representation at the University of Louisville during awareness events. Holly Knight would be the one to contact.

I live in Eastern Kentucky. Louisville/Lexington would be prime places to be within the state. Where to avoid? I might sound negative by this but pretty much everything else is to be avoided if your going full out dressed. Funny I see your from Michigan. My fiance and I are leaving for Ann Arbor for more liberal area. It can be very conservative here I warn you. Lexington/Louisville though are good.

Also if you got any questions about the area or any city in particular feel free to send me a message.
    Last edited by CD_blue; 12-18-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Both Lexington and Louisville have a fairness ordinance and have active trans communities.
    I live in Lexington and love it here.I never worry about things even the police are professional and don't give you problems.
    Trans Ky is the group here in Lexington.Sienna is the group in Louisville and Holly Knight is super nice.
    There is also a group in Cincinnati 80 miles north knows as Crossport.
    Truly is a trans friendly area.

YMMV
    what the other girls said! Lexington or Louisville are good choices. I would imagine the northern Ky/Cincinnati area would be good to.
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Aspiring Member
    I currently live in South Central KY and I view it as a bit conservative, but with that said I have never had a problem in even some of these little towns...like population 100 (one hundred). I go out fully dressed from walking a park, shopping in an supermarket, and stopping at a truck stop for coffee, to mention a few examples. I do occasionally go to Louisville/Southern Indiana and Lexington. I never had any problem there either. As for Trans type groups I know of in Lexington and Louisville, but have not attended either yet. Pm me if you have any questions about a particular city as I have lived/worked alot through out KY...I think you will be fine here...