Thread: Sewing class part-2

Sewing class part-2

Last sumester I was going to take a sewing class and then I chickened out after like two classes and I regeted it all sumester so now I've decided to take it for real. I'm pretty excited about it and hope it will be a lot of fun.
    Amy

Sewing is a skill that everyone should develop. It has come in handy for me on many occassions. Everyone should have a sewwing kit handy for those little emergencies.

I've made a few clothing items for myself, all hand sewn (no machine) and I really enjoyed the experience.

Please learn to sew the right way. I've had to fake it and got lucky. At present I'm learning to quilt. Talk about something tough. Learn as much as you can in class, you might need it later...BJ

Banned Read only
    Sewing is a great asset for anyone to have.
    I'm not particularily gifted but I can shorten a pair of pants or hem a skirt.
    I've got a sort of ambition to make a skirt out of a pair of jeans.
    I've had two attempts, one a disaster, the other so-so (sew-sew!) oh I do amuse myself at times.
    Have a look at Jackie66, her beautiful creations may give you some inspiration.
    Good luck with the sewing.

Love Angela XX

My Mum taught my sister Anne and me to sew and do minor clothing repairs and this has been very useful for me over the years, such as sewing seams if they come apart, how to thread new elastic through the waist and leg bands of old style knickers when it washes out and loses its grip, modern panties have it sewn on and it is not so easy nor cost effective to sew new elastic on when it perishes. I think that being able to perform basic repairs such as this is a most useful skill.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Smile Seamstress

Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    I've got a sort of ambition to make a skirt out of a pair of jeans.
    I've had two attempts, one a disaster, the other so-so (sew-sew!) oh I do amuse myself at times..

Love Angela XX
    Been there. done that, got me a nice pink stitched faded denim mini... It was more work than I anticipated though, due to the way the inside leg seams run and I used old denim jeans that had streched and pulled over a few years so the denim was out of shape. The more it get's washed, the better it looks.

I'll be doing another soon, but I want to use a much thicker thread, and re sew all the seams in thick pink cotton and put a coloured vent in at the sides.... which should look nice. I'll let you know !

Also... go here... and look around, it was my inspiration for the first skirt.

http://www.fashion-icon.com/activity/summercraft.html

XX

Jayme.