Thread: Tan Lines

Tan Lines

It's HOT down south this weekend. Hot for december, anyway. It was 70f when I woke up this morning, so I took my morning coffee out side.
    By back yard is somewhat private, so I set out in a sports bra with a back to the sun to spend a few minutes soaking up the sun. I started this practice over the summer, when working from home a lot.
    Why I do it is three fold: 1, who doesn't like fresh air? 2, sunlight and coffee is a wonderful way to wake up, and 3 (which brings me to the subject of the post)....

I find tan lines very sexy. Not tan lines, but specifically tan lines that tails of some feminine garment. It's sort of the residual evidence of the bra/top/whatever. It's something that distinctly fem ... and I like it.

Anyone else think the same thing about tan lines?

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Also like the tan lines. I have sat out briefly in a bikini though not long enough to get lined. Did hunt in a bra and forms this season and laid out in the middle of the hot day. DID get a slight tan on the front that lasted for a couple of weeks! Liked it!

Banned Read only
    I'm more of an all-over-tan type. I know I shouldn't, but in the Springtime, I'll spend a few days in a tanning bed to get an all over tan going before I do a little sunning in the buff. I like a medium bronze color on my skin when I wear slink summer attire.

Nooooo! Sunlight causes 80-85% of aging in skin. And skin cancer isn't a good look on girls or guys. The last time I saw my grandfather, he had bandages all over his face. Please don't!
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

It's nice to get a tan but not that healthy, mine usually occur by accident and remain for about a month at most.
    Fun tho'.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    After having a couple of carcinomas removed from my face, I avoid tanning with SPF 15 on my body at all times.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    tan lines around the bra and thong area can be sexy.... nothing is worse than a farmer tan in a dress, or white legs...I perfer an all over tan...and do some nude tanning as well to get those buns toasty, all while protecting my face as well....self tanners are good too.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    We had some 80+f days last week. I enjoy wearing strapless tops when out and about - sun, breeze, feeling of hair on my shoulders - but white skin looks ordinary at the start of summer. So I don't aim at tanning per se but do like to get a little sun to build up a gradual tan. Did so last week but did get an awkward question from my wife about being a bit tanned on my back and chest. Thankfully no detailed 'grilling' over how.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 12-22-2013 at 05:09 AM.

I bought two bikini's after the season buy haven't had time to work on my tan (lines) yet.

Yep, count me in on the "love 'em" side. Rocking the bikini tan lines top and bottom. Love seeing them on others too.

~Rachel

I come from pale European stock, and don't like what I've seen the sun do to older relatives, I avoid the effects of the sun, and have learned to enjoy the pale look of northern people around the world, besides, here a tan is nothing but a way to spot outsiders. We live in a belt of constant cloud or fog most of the time, and to get a a tan would mean buying it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I love them. When I tan I like to wear panties, or a bikini top. Sometimes ill cut little hearts or flowers out of plastic and lye them on my belly or lower back. It takes a few times for them to show up but it's so sexy! It's a fun little way to feel and look fierce!

bikini tan lines are awesome! farmer lines are not! currently i still have visible bikini bottoms tan lines... bikini top tan lines however are getting faint since i worked on them less than the bottoms this past summer.. love seeing them on others too!

Hi Michelle! I think you Aussies have it right! Christmas in the summer time. Exchange gifts, then go to the beach - good idea! I have been to Australia a few times, and just was recently in Perth, WA a few weeks ago for a business thing. I had been to a few of the beaches around Sydney before, but this was my first time in Western Australia, where I did manage to spend a day swimming at Scarborough and Cottlesloe. Really great! I was planning on trying out ( yes, the full monty! ) the nude beach at Swanbourne Beach, but it just got to chilly later in the day. That did get me thinking, how do you cross-dress or present female at a nude beach? Now there's a challenge! have a wonderful Christmas down under!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Smith View Post
    The last time I saw my grandfather, he had bandages all over his face.
    Ashely - I didn't know we are related.

I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my cheek last year, and a small one from the bridge of my nose a couple of years ago. The removal of the carcinoma left an inch and half long scar where the surgeon had to pull the pieces of my cheek skin together. So stay out of the sun, use a high quality tested sunscreen when you do have to go outside and have any new growths on your skin investigated as soon as practical.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I had bought a bikini top and was all ready to go to the clothing optional beach in Toronto at Pride last summer. Its a very old gay nude whatever stretch of beach that like Wreck beach in Vancouver has a long, yes longer than me, history of alternative use by the locals that the city decided to recognize with warning signs a few years back. Signs being easier than enforcement and the problems that can lead to. Anyhow there I was all set to get my bikini tan and it rained. I never did have time to get back and do it but I will make a point next year. Maybe its just me but the bikini tan lies on top seem to accentuate the feminine appearance of the chest, for either sex.
    Having grown up in an era before television when the sunny summer days and being out in the sun was thought healthful. any negative effects of the suns rays have already happened.
    Last edited by rita63; 12-24-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Until now I have only heard sweet thoughts among the girls here. How mean is this post to talk about tan lines while we are freezing our butts off in New England? Just kidding. However, I'm with Ashley, Be careful. I'm a nurse and if you have ever seen the bad side of skin cancer you'd be dressing in broad brim hats like Scarlett O'Hara.

All this talk about tanning seems rather frivolous when there are about 100 000 customers in Canada (Ontario and east to the Atlantic coast) without electricity due to a major ice storm as i post this. That's about a quarter of those who lost power in the affected areas at some point in the last few days. A sizeable number of these will not have their power back until the weekend. That means no power to cook Christmas dinner or anything else. There will be broken plumbing to fix when things thaw out, as furnaces require electricity to run even if that isn't the primary energy source.

Sorry for our neighbors in the great white north.....but as far a tan line...nah....I do full nude tanning...just not in the winter...
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!