Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013

2013. Thia year i have made alot of friends and have become more intune with myself. I have figured out who and what i am. I look forward to 2014 and what the year brings for this girl.
    Let me check the rule book...oh there isn't one! Be yourself and have fun!

2013 I would like to forget most of the year - it was not a good year.

I can't say 2013 sucked. However, it could have been better! I'm hoping that 2014 will allow me to express my feminine side more and I will feel less guilty doing so. Happy Holidays everyone!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Lost another 10 pounds! Just another 10 to go!!!!

Well, it was the very end of 2012 in which I confided in my desires to dress to my wife. So, 2013 has been a year of building acceptance of myself. It has been a bumpy road. I have had a lot of ups and downs. My marriage has remained, but its been shaken a bit. (to be expected) I do feel I have made some good progress in my self acceptance. I still have a ways to go though. Acceptance and how I denied myself and repressed this side of myself is a longer road than I had figured it to be. I do believe in the very recent past (weeks) my own acceptance has gained considerably. While my wife has come to an acceptance that I am a CDer, her fears remain of the future, and still struggles with lingering resentment that she was not told before we married.

When it comes to CDing, my goals are that I continue to gain personal acceptance. Also to regain the strength my marriage had at the time in which I told my wife of this side of me. The latter is likely going to be a harder challenge than self acceptance is.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

In December of 2012, I became very sick and spent the first couple months of 2013 in pain and the first six months recovering. I missed a "trip of a lifetime" that I had planned so 2013 won't be remembered as one of my best years. Also, a couple good friends passed away in 2013.

On the good side, I didn't pass away and I am pretty much healed so I hope to take that trip this year. My wife is a little more accepting of my dressing as time moves along. And we got a cute puppy who follows me around all day.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

For me having my second letter for SRS, starting hormones, telling my girlfriend I was transitioning and my older sister passing away. 2014 will be preparing for SRS for the first of the year in 2015 and at work moving from building desktop solutions to writing web services.
    SRS January 27

Like Michelle the OP it was the year where my dysphoria returned with a vengeance and when I realised once and for all that you cannot put it behind you. I'm not sure what to do next but counselling would seem to be a good idea. I also began to crossdress a bit more and now even have a small stash of clothes hidden away. It was also when I first began to dress in female clothing that could pass as male as a way of relieving the frustration. It works better than drinking.

In other ways 2013 had some good sides. I worked less and earned more money and I even enjoyed some of it for once. It is part time and seasonal anyway. Better still instead of driving for an hour and a half to get there. It moved closer to me. Now my drive is five minutes. Plus we had good weather in this country during the summer.

But mainly it's the year I finally accepted that my role in life is to be my children's stay at home parent. That's my real job now.

Overall though I didn't like the year and was thinking of it as gone months ago.

Banned Read only
    For me, there were many events and happenings that took place. Watching some of the girls that work for me advance in their understanding of themselves and how to better deal with their Gender Dysphoria will defiantly be remembered. Losing a good friend at one of my jobsites is something that will be with me for the rest of my life.

Overall, it was a good year. On to the next one.