Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Actress you dreamed of being as a kid.

Banned Read only
    As a kid, I had no female model. As I aged and tried to develop my feminine persona, I grew to admire the Lara Croft character--hence my first name. So, if I could be like an actress, I guess it would be Angelina Jolie. I really like the leggy brunettes in film.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I had seen pictures of Lilly St. Cyr when I was young and she really impressed me. I think she was on the Ed Sullivan Show. This is her…….
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-25-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: try and not make this a photo thread
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

I never dreamed of being any of the actresses I was gaga over. Am I weird?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Another vote for Diane Rigg, as Ms Emma Peel, and even more so as the Bond girl/only wife in "In Her Majesty's Secret Service", she's the only reason to watch that Bond film as she steals every scene she's in.

A young Natalie Wood, innocent, fragile and beautiful...

And maybe my favorite, Bonnie Bedalia.

Kate

Mine was not an actress but a singer. I still view her as a role model and inspiration, and it is Gwen Steffani. And yes, Just a Girl by No Doubt is one of my all time favorite songs.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

I always wanted to be Marcia Brady.

Without a doubt, either Sandra Bullock, or Shannen Doherty. I realize that Sandra is a polarizing figure for some reason, but in my opinion, she's got the girl next door image, a kinda understated beauty, and overall a pretty wholesome image (except for the marrying Jesse James thing)... Shannen, on the other hand, has always been a kinda edgy, unapologetic wild woman, but she's pretty.
    Last edited by JessMe; 12-25-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling oops

Marlo Thomas. Her TV show made me wish i was "That Girl".

Ok showing my age Eve Arden, Spring Byington (sp), Shirley Maclaine, ( there's a little Irma in all of us).

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    wow good question Steph....Ginger (Gilligans Island ) and Mary Tyler Moore ! And EVERY Bond girl !!
    Ginger. That's funny because you actually kind of look like Maryanne.
    Who most would agree was the prettier one , even though ginger did have a to die for wardrobe.

I always wanted to be bat girl or cat woman from the original series ,
    And Alissa Milano , from the who's the boss years until present , we are close in age. So where ever she is in life kinds of represents the image I would love to project
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-26-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-26-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed IMG tags. Picture does not comply to forum size limits.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Not an actress but a model named Regina Hall from the 90s. Her or Jessica Rabbit.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK really people, there is NO need to post a picture of the person you want to be. We know who they are and there is always Google if we don't. The photos take a lot of room and there is a limit to the number per page in the FAQs. Please do not post any more photos or I will have to close this thread
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

When I was a boy I was totally captivated by Karen and Annette of the Mickey Mouse Club. I so much wanted to be Karen. There was two women around that time that I hoped be like when I was older. They were Amanda Blake of Gunsmoke and Abby Dalton of Hennessey.

Hayley mills

as a child and now

then,RAQUEL&SOPHIA now EvaMendez(sexiest gg ever in Ghostrider) or ,in a different vein,Charlotte from SITC

EileenDover and Loveday hit the nail . . . . Diana Rigg as Mrs. Emma Peel in the Avengers. (Hmmmmmm, why did Mr. Steed carry that cane?

RD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Not sure there was any one girl who I wanted to be like... but I liked the clothes/hair styles of Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Alba and Jennifer Love-Hewitt. Lately, I really like the style of Zooey Deschanel

Sally Field.
    WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other reasons, you do not have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form. If you do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

How about former First Lady, Nancy Reagan? I kinda looked up to her to.

Oh, how I love these...(let me recount the ways)

Victoria Principle, Tina Louise & Valerie Bertinelli are all surely & fondly saved in my "bank"; but were one to tie me up and make me tell the truth, it'd be Lynda Carter!
    Last edited by Sophistic8d_grl; 12-27-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: removed pix
    "It is a great thing to know our vices." - Cicero

WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons...you DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Getting put into a dress, tights, heels etc by some friends then the next day watching Jennifer Aniston in friends in some amazing outfits is what got me thinking "wow being a girl was great....I wonder if my mum has any skirts". Little did I know that thought would lead me to the pink fog so deeply.

Someone told me when I was littler that Alyson Hannigan looks like what I would look like as a girl. I took it as a compliment, since I never have been much for that supermodel look. I still think she's adorable.
    Facebook me if you like, just mention you're from here. : https://www.facebook.com/sarah.dawson.773124
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel in the TV Avengers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Mae West. I don't think I had even seen her in anything other than photographs - but what photographs! All those beautiful dresses she'd encase herself in.

I think the first two actresses in films I saw in which I thought "I want to dress up like that" are Sophia Loren in 'Heller in Pink Tights', and Daryl Hannah in 'Splash'!