Thread: Christmas

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar

Christmas

Been thinking of shocking my wife's family today by wearing a dress for Christmas, I feel I should be able to dress anyway I want to in my own home. In-laws are in town and I haven't dressed up in days . I should dress up and freak them all out when they show up for dinner. Just an idea, I do like to rock the boat from time-to-time.

Merry Christmas to all

Peace & Love

Majella

Might think about running that by your wife first, That certainly could cause some tension, best not to rock the boat on Christmas.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

We've discussed it and she would not mind, my wife does not control when I can dress up, she lets me be me, I don't tell her what to wear and she don't tell me what to wear or when I can wear something.
    Last edited by Majella St Gerard; 12-25-2013 at 09:16 AM.

You go girl!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-25-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: no need to pst quote of post above yours

For me Christmas is a time to honor Jesus and his teachings, a time to think of others, a time to give and bring joy, and a time of peace. Somehow shocking your Wife’s family just doesn’t seem to fit into the Spirit of Christmas.
    Babs

I think it's a rotten idea, but that's just me. Unless of course you are so "out" that the entire notion of how you present yourself at Christmas dinner is a non-issue. The way you put it though, that you are looking to "freak people out", I dare to say that your out-ness still has some hurdles to overcome.

If your wife is on board, knock yourself out. Please be sure to report back on the fallout.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I agree with the other girls here, Don't do that - Christmas with the family is such a rare, wonderful gathering of everyone these days. It's about the only day our family is together anymore, with the kids all into their own lives and such. I know that pink fog thing can make you do some daring things, but don't make Christmas about you. It will be brought up every Christmas thereafter. Do yourself a favor though, underdress in your favorite panties, and you will feel fine! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, sweetie. -Annie

Banned Read only
    Why the shock and awe? Wait until after the holiday and then come out. Seems like you are being spiteful. Christmas is about GIVING

Magella,
    I would not rock the Christmas boat.
    The silly season will be over shortly, and you do not need to do something you will regret later.
    Merry Christmas.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Seriously? Do you really want to potentially ruin Christmas and the memories of Christmas 2013 for one or more of your family members? Christmas is about the spirit of caring and giving and family, it is not about getting your own jollies from "rocking the boat" at the expense of others. If you want to spring a surprise like this one, perhaps wait for your birthday when the day is about you. Being selfish and potentially making a mess of Christmas for others is not the way to do it.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That sounds like the most selfish thing I have heard (or read) in months! Just because your wife tolerates your dressing, does not mean that she wants you to cause a ruckus when her family visits.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Majella -grow up.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    I have to agree with others. As you indicated above, this is for the shock factor. If you were out full time to family and they were accustomed to seeing you dressed regularly then that would be one thing and this conversation would not be being had. I don't see any reason to do this today to your wife's family.

NO, NO-NO, nonono. Some other time maybe (like Halloween).
    joank
    Southern California

I did last year at Thanksgiving. My Brother-in-law has never returned! Mission accomplished!

not an idea I would endorse really. Wait and dress tonight after the family is gone
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Keep it for another time, maybe a party at New Year instead? Christmas day is a day for others, not ourselves and our whims!

Wow! I got beat up on that one. Well I didn't do it. Had a good time anyway. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Peace & Love

Majella

Platinum Member
    Yeah, kinda left yourself open for justifiable criticism, don't ya think? But if you dress as you wish when you wish, why not make a New Years resolution to come out to the family in a more considerate manner. Why rock the boat when you can start paddling.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt