Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you're CDing out in public, and nature calls, which bathroom do you go in?

When you're CDing out in public, and nature calls, which bathroom do you go in?

When you're CDing out in public, and nature calls, which bathroom do you go in?

Men or Women?

This has probably been asked 1000 times, but in the future I plan to go out and CD more, and I just wanna know which one. Most of the time when I go out in public as a CD, I go to bars or clubs, and there's usually no separate toilet for men and women. But what about when you go to public places?

I would go to the ladies' here in the UK here.I'm not sure how much gender discrimination legislation we have here (I'm not out en femme enough-i should check it out really!) but if I am in a safe daytime environment I would use the ladies'.

I would also use the disabled/unisex facility if I was only going to be very quick and no disabled person was around.I know that's slightly naughty.I would never use a disabled parking bay!

Women's of course!
    Suzanne

Gold Member
    Hmmm... I am not sure of the laws and acceptance level of Poland. So remember, you are seeing posts here mostly of the US, England, Canada, and Australia. Is the Polish society roughly accepting?

But the easier answer if you are not sure is to prepare yourself before leaving, don't drink a lot, and find unisex restrooms so you can't be wrong. I have been using the ladies room myself, but I don't know that it work in Poland. So maybe you are about to educate us (well at least me) some.

Ladies room it is for me!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've only been dressed in public a few times that were outside of a LGBT bar/ club or resort. In those places it's whichever bathroom is closest, lol. I have looked for the unisex or family bathrooms, but won't go in if someone's in the family bathroom. If in doubt I peek in the men's room (I really don't think I'm fooling a lot of people when I'm dressed) if no one's inside I will go to a stall.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I think it would cause more problems for me if I used the mens room, so I have always used the ladies. Have gotten a few weird looks in my earlier days but nothing came of it.

Yes, the question is asked often and the answer depends upon your situation. Here in California I'd never dream of using anything other than the Women's room when dressed. An apparent woman in the Men's room would be stranger than a slightly mannish woman using the Womens'.

That said, I try to be as unobtrusive as possible. If there is anyone else in the room I just walk in, do my business, wash my hands, and leave. Even if they suspect that I'm not a GG, if I'm leaving they aren't likely to object.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The one time I did this I don't think going in the mens room was the mistake. I thing the problem was that I used a urinal...

;^P
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

When dressed I will always use the ladies room, wash my hands and leave.
    I am tall but I feel like I blend in as a woman.

If I am presenting as a woman I use the women's room.
    Hugs, Carole

Silver Member
    If at all possible, a unisex or single user restroom, and if it is not possible only then a multi-user female restroom. I really do not want to use a multi-user female restroom, if I can avoid it.

Check out safe2pee.org, I believe they have safe restrooms listed for Poland.

always the ladies, reckon using the mens might be like asking for trouble
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

It's definitely a state by state thing. Most states haven't addressed this, yet. They can't even come to a consensus on gay marriage. You could try emailing your state's Attorney General and see what they say. It's easier if you only frequent "trans-friendly" or gay-friendly places as those establishments have usually made accommodations of some sort.

A LONG time ago I was out drinking in a bar and I was really, really buzzed. So much that I couldn't see straight. I was with my girlfriend at the time and had to go to the bathroom. My vision was so blurry that I somehow wandered into the woman's bathroom. And no it didn't phase me that there were no urinals in there. When I exited, there was a guy waiting for me and he was going to whip my ass. Evidently, his girlfriend had been in there and saw me and had said something to him when she came out. Now, I can take care of myself, but I was really blitzed and I probably would have lost any altercation with just about anyone at that time. I did some fast talking and got out of it.

All I'm saying is that if you use a woman's bathroom in a public place, there are other things to consider besides the GG women who use them. Their husbands or boyfriends may not take too kindly to a man being in the woman's bathroom with their wives or girlfriends. And if its in a drinking venue, then we all know what a little alcohol can do to some people, don't we (makes some want to fight)?

When I go out dressed up here in Poland, it's always to a bar, club, or private party. The vast majority of bars here have unisex bathrooms, so it was never a problem. Also, at LGBT venues it doesn't matter which one you go in! I do remember being out somewhere, a bar or club, and I went to use the ladies room.
    People tell me that Poland is a conservative country, and in some ways, it is. But I find the liberal elements here and I surround myself with liberal people and for me it's more liberal. In fact, it's more liberal here than anywhere that I've been in America. So, this is "conservative" for Europe, but more liberal than the US.
    Sue, I drink a lot. I can't not do it! LOL

What I wanted to get from your answers is your experience in establishments without unisex bathrooms. So, from what I get, I should probably just opt to use the ladies room when I'm presented with the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Hmmm... I am not sure of the laws and acceptance level of Poland. So remember, you are seeing posts here mostly of the US, England, Canada, and Australia. Is the Polish society roughly accepting?

But the easier answer if you are not sure is to prepare yourself before leaving, don't drink a lot, and find unisex restrooms so you can't be wrong. I have been using the ladies room myself, but I don't know that it work in Poland. So maybe you are about to educate us (well at least me) some.

Use the Ladies!

If you are presenting as female, and you are passing at all, then using the ladies might lead to a few seconds of awkwardness, but at worst, only one or two women would even notice.
    Obviously, you need to be sensitive - no peeping, no flashing, and no flirting. When you enter, look for the first available stall, enter it, lock the door, SIT DOWN, and do your business.
    When done, ALWAYS wash your hands, and leave as quickly as you can. Do NOT spent time doing make-up or primping, especially in the public area.
    And if you must look at a woman, ALWAYS look at her eyes, never at her breasts or legs. If you get a compliment, then you can return one, complement a choice she has made.

The problem with using the men's room is not what might happen while you are in the restroom, the problem is what happens when you are seen coming out. Prior to entering, you might have passed as a woman, but when you leave the boy's room, anyone who sees you will realize what you are, and may be less than discreet about it. You might as well well wear a neon sign. The second problem is that once they have figured out that you are a guy in a dress, they make make a bunch of other incorrect assumptions as well as becoming offended.

Obviously, it's best if you don't wait until you are in crisis. When you enter a new venue, see if you can locate a restroom that is further away from the crowd. You might even want to see if there are genderless restrooms such as family or handicapped if you are really concerned. You should also try to plan when you go. Waiting until intermission of a play or the end of a movie or similar event, when there will be long lines is probably a bad idea. Either do your business before the "big break" or make sure you can hold it long enough for the line to clear out.

After a while, you will gain experience and confidence and will even be comfortable waiting in lines if necessary. These suggestions are for those who are relatively new to public cross-dressing.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I am in the US, and laws vary by state, but I always use the restroom for the gender I am presenting in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Read only
    I use the ladies room. But that's as it should be - I'm a girl.

Gone to live my life
    I am from Canada and use the rest room of the gender I am presenting. While I do not pass I do blend and a woman entering the men's restroom will most likely draw a few curious onlookers.

Now I do exercise discretion and will opt for a unisex restroom if one is available. In addition, I would most likely not use the ladies restroom in a crowded food court or highway rest sotp where I am most likely to run into errand teen girls who may complain to angry fathers, brothers, or boyfriends. However, if I am in a restaurant I will enter the restroom, do my business and move on. The advice that DebbieL provided is spot on when it comes to using the ladies.

Hugs

Isha

Like the majority of replies, I always use the woman's restroom and have not used a male restroom in over five years. I think it would call more attention using the men's restroom if you are presenting yourself as female.
    SRS January 27

Hi Ponye, Yes i am Polish too Kapusta last name. Being that I look like a women I do us the women's rm

Hi also I dress so much as a women that I some times for get an walk into a ladies rm as a male, a real about face fast
    JO
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-26-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

When presenting as a woman, I always use the women's room.
    Stephanie

I try to avoid using the restroom , but if needed and there is no unisex available , I use the ladies room.
    Just make sure you sit ! Lol

Gone to live my life
    LOL . . . Good point Lexi . . . if you are going to use the ladies room, it will definitely help if you make sure your feet are pointing the correct direction as viewed from below the stall door.

Definitely the Ladies