Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Reflection

Your Reflection

So i have found that whenever i am done up and dressed to the 9s, i always spend most of my time in front of the mirror reflecting on my appearance, what can be done to improve it, and just enjoying...well...my reflection.
    I cant be the only one who does this?? How about it? Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I think a lot of us do that, Eva. Sometimes, if I have good music playing, after I'm fully dressed, I'll dance in front of the mirror for a bit, feeling the joys of being a girl.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

If I am working at home and fully dressed I will put a mirror on the desk. Is that vain or what. So you are not alone. I want to soak in all that work, since I don't get the opportunity that often. Could be why we have the desire to take so many pics as well.

I really only like to look at myself in mirrors when I'm dressed. All other time I try to avoid my reflection. The same thing goes for photos.

Yeah, last night I was looking for an outfit to wear to my ex brother in laws house on the 28th since he said hes looking forward to seeing me as Eva and his wife is excited too. Of course, the womanly thing to do is go...OMG what am I going to wear?!?! So after I found exactly what I wanted to wear, I spent like the next hour and a half standing in front of the mirror making little changes to my hair, checking my makeup, just looking at myself and how happy I appeared in my reflection. I would literally look at myself smiling back and know that this is in fact what I really want for my life. No if ands or buts about it. Its both exciting and thrilling and I seriously cant wait to spend my life like this.......though I wont be spending my life in front of a mirror

Silver Member
    I think most of us do a lot of looking. We don't have the experience of GGs in knowing how things look. I spent about an hour the other day going through sweaters and outfits trying to figure which bras worked with what. I know young girls do it too. Eventually GGs figure out how things work from experience. Sometime though even my wife goes through several combinations before deciding what looks right.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Without a doubt looking in the mirror after being dressed is important to me, I even do the looking as I undress looking at my bra and panties and how great they look. I think this is why I so enjoy taking my pictures and showing you fine ladies.
    I know I can't measure up to a real GG or even some of the beautiful girls I see here but it's fun to look.

Yes, I do check myself out on a constant basis....it has been reported that one of the primary issues with cross dressers is that the majority of us are very narcissistic. It just works that way.. Oh wait...is that a mirror? Hold on......
    Ms. G.
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

I do, I think we all do. The first time my wife did my makeup I stared at myself for what seemed a life time. It's hard to look at my self in male mode.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

Ditto here. I wouldn't be as excited to dress if I didn't have a mirror.

Camille

Quote Originally Posted by Valarie View Post
    It's hard to look at my self in male mode.
    I agree. When I wash all the makeup off before going to bed, I look back in the mirror and just see a drab guy. Its no fun. I wish I was still able to see a woman when I washed off the makeup and put the wig away. My hair is growing more and more though and hopefully after around a year of hormones, Ill see a difference in the way I look. Looking at videos where people take a picture a week over the course of like 2-3 years on hormones, I notice a decent change in face shape around the 8-10 month mark or so and then again at around 18 months. This is on people who did not go through FFS. Patience is a virtue Ive never really been good at though. I guess Ill just have to wear my makeup for now and when the time comes, Ill get my wish.

Banned Read only
    I don't, and never have spent much time in front of the mirror. Even when I was sure I was "just a CD". I use a mirror to get dressed, apply makeup, and check it. Otherwise I hate mirrors. Fully made up, the masculine features I have bleed through and bother me. Without makeup, I see the face of death look back at me in the mirror.

Its a little better now that I have a hair system rather than a wig. It was incredibly distressing to see myself without hair or makeup.

My gender dysphoria about my face is pretty severe, it seems.

I do it too. I don't avoid my reflection in male mode, but to see the differences that just a wig makes, wow.

I keep logically thinking that eventually I may not do as much mirroring once I get more things down.. (Way too new with makeup,etc).. But then another part of me thinks, "who am I kidding"
    It's always neat and amazing to see such differences. In fact, I'm planning on picking up a couple more mirrors for the place
    Kacey demands it
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I, too, enjoy my own presentation. I enjoy it more when out and about looking good. Not all that easy for an old broad!

if i'm just having a 'quickie' (ie, just wearing the clothes) i won't look in the mirror at all..i hate seeing my male face in the mirror with the female clothing..it just looks horrible.

but if i'm in full make-up, with wig, and freshly shaved i literally cannot keep away from the mirror! i like to pose like a glamor model and do naughty things to myself which i wont go into here.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    There's a full length mirror in the house where I can watch Carla turn the corner and approach down a long hallway and into the guest bedroom. I always get plenty of HD video when I'm pretty. It's all part of the life and I love it!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Oh yes Eva Lynn. When I'm dressed I am constantly going to the mirrors in my house and loving what I see. It's something that brings me great pleasure and satisfaction.

Gone to live my life
    I normally just use the mirror to check my presentation before going out to make sure nothing is too askew. Other than that, it is just to apply make-up.

Hugs

Isha

I try to avoid looking in a mirror else I may want to change into a different outfit as I am constantly thinking things like should have worn boots, highs, a different blouse etc.
    SRS January 27

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I never end up liking how my face looks so I don't look in the mirror I just enjoy the feeling of what I have on
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I admit it.... I'm so vain... (you probably think this song is about you....)... but it doesn't matter what I'm wearing.... I'm always looking at my reflection to see if I'm looking good! Which I usually am! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Like the lady who posted before me, I gotta look good any time.

I'm more vein than vain, or is that vane.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Eva, you're definitely not alone! The mirror is the portal into that other world that Katey exists in - it's an integral part of the dressing, makeup, walking, etc. Yes, I think we're all terminally narcissistic... but, hey, who else is going to appreciate me the way I do...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Putting it simply, I like my female reflection -quarter of a pound of foundation takes years off me!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!