Thread: Shall I continue crossdressing?

Unhappy Shall I continue crossdressing?

Actually I am a part time crossdresser. I am affected with klinefelter syndrome at the age of 15. Now i am 21. I am practising crossdressing from the age of 14. So it may be the reason for that syndrome. what i am asking is, whether i can keep practising crossdressing or i should stop that. when i searched in google, they told klinefelter syndrome affected people changed their gender to be woman. So I am confused whether my habit affect my gender identity.
    Last edited by vijay; 12-30-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Vijay,
    If you have any doubts, speak to your doctor first and he may advise you on the correct course to take.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am in San Antonio Texas a very hot place.
    that's good advise Beverly
    MMMM feeling girly

Vijay

Klinefelters is genetic so it will not be caused by crossdressing, it is just a name for one genetic configuration.

What you should do because of it - Beverley as usual provides a brief and accurate answer.

Patricia

I would second the advice that you consult your doctor as well as a therapist. Not everyone who has Klinefelter is gender disphoric, and not all those who have gender disphoria have Klinefelter.

You should also talk with a therapist who has experience with Gender Identity issues.

For many cross-dressers, it's nothing more than "an expensive hobby". They like to dress up at home, in private, and maybe go to a few special social events or environments for an outing, but they have no desire to make any permanent change.

People who are gender disphoric, such as type 5 and 6 transsexuals have a very real and nearly constant desire to live opposite their birth gender. A transsexual male may have an intense desire to be female (MtF) or a transsexual female may have an intense desire to be a man (FtM).

The transsexualism or gender disphoria can be the result of hormonal imbalances in the womb, genetic inability to process prenatal testosterone, genetic anomalies, or other factors we may not be aware of yet. We find that many transsexuals have physiological traits such as a longer index finger than ring finger, a smaller limbic system, and other brain development that is more "feminine" than masculine. For many of these people, they literally have a female brain and a male crotch, often the reproductive organs are the only part that is male. Some of us have wider hips, bigger butts, and more feminine attributes.

Many of us are unaware of these differences until others start noticing them and pointing them out. Often, they will incorrectly assume that we are gay, not realizing the physiological gender conflict. Many of those with these physical characteristics are bullied, often with teacher support, later they are shunned or rejected, often through organized efforts.

For those of us with early negative experiences of this type, there is often a desire to go into "Stealth Mode", to try as hard as possible to look and act like our birth gender, even though we are very uncomfortable. Some people will actually perceived the deceptiveness but not know how to put their finger on it.

Gender Identity and wardrobe choices can be linked or quite disconnected. An MtF who wants to be a girl might not actually dress like one until much later in their lives. Christine Jorgensen didn't start wearing dresses until AFTER she had transitioned. Conversely, a cissexual (one who is comfortable with their current birth gender) may dress only because he likes the feel of the fabrics, the cut of the clothes, or associates them with love, romance, or sex.

More often though, an MtF with a strong desire to be female will find different outlets. Dressing is only ONE of these outlets. They may take more interest in domestic duties while growing up, they may be more effeminate, they may be less aggressive and may even be attracted to women who are more aggressive or even domineering.

There are so many variables that it would be impossible to come to any conclusions in this forum or even from an extended dialog. This is why it is so important to talk to a qualified therapist. It is also important that the therapist be experienced and trained in gender identity issues. Much damage has been done by therapists who were not properly trained and gave really bad advice to transsexual clients.

The question may not be whether you should continue cross-dressing or not, but whether you should start HRT.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    when i searched in google, they told klinefelter syndrome affected people changed their gender to be woman.
    I am sure SOME have, and if it made them happier and they enjoyed life more then it is a good thing. However, since it isn't an unusual syndrome (1:1000 males) I wouldn't say that many or even MOST changed sex. Treatment with testosterone makes most feel better.

It would be really nice to say "Hey your XXY, so being a TG is normal" but it really isn't the truth. I am not sure how many here would test positive but I can say there are a lot here who wouldn't. If you enjoy dressing, then do it. Don't try and make a reason for it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I hear what you are saying,, I am in still in the closet as I am sure it will end my marriage,, but I am so tempted to just do it full time and walk a new path,,, but is that just impulse or what i should be...

Banned Read only
    vijay, if you in fact are impacted by klinefelter, it is not something that just happened when you were 15; you were born with the extra chromosome. And I don't think there is any evidence that K causes crossdressing nor is it a factor in gender change. You definitely need to see a professional who is well-read in both gender issues and Klinefelter syndrome. You may need to see more than one doctor. Either way, have the confidence to know that you are neither weird or sick, just a little different. Life is mostly what you make of it anyway.