Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blessing or Curse?

Blessing or Curse?

Do you find Crossdressing a blessing or a curse?

Most of the time I feel it's a blessing as we seem to be a chosen few that can get relief and happiness from just changing our clothes.

Of course there are downsides, hiding it and sometimes guilt and many more things.

But I really don't think any of us would be doing this if we didn't get something out of it.

What do you think?
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I think the drive to be our own person is pretty strong.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think to me it is both

Jaymees, I like your style and I agree that we must be blessed if we get so much from changing our appearance, but there is a high degree of fantasy and escapism in what we do. Isn't it true that some find their release in drugs or alcohol - societally more damaging but socially more acceptable than our passion. But it probably has its downsides for all of us... it's just better to be treating our burden as a more positive opportunity.
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I think it's a blessing as I get to wear lingerie and dresses.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Accepting oneself is a blessing. I lived far too many years with the adverse effects of denial, repression and self-loathing. Being freed from all that deeply ingrained misery has made my life better in every dimension.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

While it can and has been both I think that there would be so much missing from ME if I were not the person I am and have become because of my feminine side and it's expression.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am fortunate to have a supportive and understanding wife, she even helped me pick out my first wig today. When I was a teen and lived at home I felt it was a curse. I used to cry and tell myself I was sick and that I needed help. Now looking back I realize there is nothing wrong with me or any of us. I have said it on here before and I may right about it later, that we are double spirited like the Native Americans had in their society we can belong in both worlds male and female but our current society does not see it that way that is why we see it as curse.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

It is a blessing, it has given me a different perspective in life and a better of understanding of other people, I can accept people for who they are as I had to learn to accept myself.

It being a blessing doesn't mean its all milk and honey! Other people do not have the same privilege as I, therefore do not understand me. It is a small price for the lovely experiences I have.

Definitely a blessing. Transforming from male to female is such an exquisite experience, I couldn't imagine my life without it. Just to look in the mirror and see me looking back, instead of a stranger -- how could my life be complete without that?

Yes, it's both.

It's a blessing because it's fun and exhilarating. It's a curse (for me, at any rate) because I cannot be open about it to everyone I know, and because it does cause my wife discomfort and upset.

For me it's both.

For me its a BIG time Curse ! Lots of shame over the last 58 years. well I guess I can't count the first 5.

I remember when i was very young buying nylons before pantyhose were made.I would dress up a lot and was sure i was the only guy in the world who loved dressing. Then as i got older the internet came into play i have met a lot of gurls like me. I would enjoy meeting with some cds in person but i also understand why people need to be discrete.i get considerable enjoyment from crossdressin and i consider it a blessing.

I always answer this sort of question by describing it as the ‘icing on the cake of life’ for me. Its a pleasure not enjoyed by most people. In fact most people are incapable of enjoying it or even understanding it!

Lucky old us I always say.

Banned Read only
    Curse. It took me a while this year to convince myself that "no, God doesn't really hate me..."
    I'd rather have cancer, than be trans. You can sometimes now recover from cancer, for one thing.

I'd say it's both. It's probably my best stress relief, although that's not my primary reason for it. The curse part of it is that I'm not out and the worries associated with that.

Jaymee,
    A bit of both for me, I do make the most of it whichever way I go.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's definately both for me.

I've asked myself that question countless times. The fact that I am here writing on this forum would seem to indicate a positive view of this activity, but on balance it undoubtedly leans to the curse side of the curve. It's an expensive preoccupation. As Jayme suggested there is also a guilt factor which for me at times can be overwhelming. If I had a choice I would have erased the notion of crossdressing from my mind before going down this path. It is very much a Pandora's box. I know I have said this before, but I really feel the urge to say it again, "Sheesh... life is complicated."

Blessing
    I get to share my hobby with daughters (who are a similar size) and it's not as expensive as other hobbies that interest me
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

YMMV
    blessings and curses are the same thing, depends on what you make of it.
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

I find it a blessing! I am me! Living my life as Jessica has brought a peace unto me that nothing else could...except my sons...they are #1..always. But yes! I feel very happy and zen like when allowed to be myself.
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Curse. If I could have lived my life w/o this powerful wish/urge/desire life would have been easier. I am still working on accepting myself, but do not have acceptance from the person I most want to accept all of me (my wife). If I could take a magic pill and never again have these thoughts and urges I'd take it in a minute. Nancy

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    To quote Mr. Monk from the tv show "its a blessing, and a curse" Its a blessing in that when I can dress and relax with it I feel so good about me and who I ma as a complete person with that female part of me exposed. The curse is that its not accepeted by enough people to be able to enjoy it more often. It's also a curse because of those times when I can't wear at least a little something fem I just don't feel complete.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.