Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blessing or Curse?

Curse for me. But I know it's part of me and it's not going away. I've accepted that, I like this side of me but life would have been easier without the cding. I most likely would still be married but when I finally excepted this side of me she lost hope and started a new chapter in her life without me. So now I find myself starting over, wanting new love but knowing it's going to be a hard mountain to climb. Wish me luck.

It's a blessing here with me.

I say cross dressing is a blessing as it lets out our inner feelings

It was a curse when I was younger, but in my late fifties it turned into a blessing, something to look forward to, and more time to enjoy.

Life would be easier if I didn't dress, but if I could choose my next life, I'd pick crossdresser again, just perhaps with a 5'6" frame this time

Aspiring Member
    Being a part time CD is more a blessing than a curse for me. It did not become a blessing at all until I accepted it as part of who I am. There are far worse and more dangerous habits/hobbies to have than CDing. When the world becomes fully accepting than it will be a 100% blessing.

I wish I would have come to accept this part of myself years earlier!

I'd say it's a curse. I am forced to stay inside, can't even discuss it with my wife, and would be fired from my job if they had a clue about it.

Banned Read only
    If you are using the word to describe something that brings adversity to life, it's definitely a curse for me. I cannot count the times that dressing has caused me pain. On the other hand, when I AM dressed and enjoying that part of my life, I cannot call it anything but a blessing. Being en femme let's me express the real me. Probably like most of us here, I have a bunch of regrets as the result of dressing up and being girly, but the advantages way outweigh the disadvantages. So, on the balancing scale of life--for me, it just the reality of life.

I consider it a blessing, also there is no longer the guilt, shame or hiding. I am who I am and I don't give a rodent's rectum what others say or think.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

The hiding and the guilt comes from societal pressures. So that's nothing anyone should worry about.

I see it as a blessing. It gives us happiness and anything that brings happiness is a great thing!

Of course I started very late in life, but I'be never felt it is a curse. I'm not sure it is a blessing, but I do feel more in touch with women in my life, read them better and better understand how they think and react.It has made for better communication, acceptance and closer ties to my daughter, grandchildren and other family members. Plus it has opened the door to making friends of similar desires. So maybe it is a blessing.

Definitely a blessing!
    Now my irrational and barely controllable love for chicken wings... now that's a curse.
    No wait...sitting in front of a basket of freshly made, steaming golden brown suicide wings with a side of celery and blue cheese dip, mouth watering...that's a blessing!
    No wait.....a curse... a blessing...a curse... ahh the hell with it! I'll think about it while I'm savoring it and decide later...

i think it is both too a blessing on one hand and on the other a curse because you can wear beautiful dresses and skirts but there is the pink fog to deal with and that is hard.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jaymee,

I have hidden this part of me for so long (such wasted time . . . sigh) so I see each day that I can dress fully as a blessing. When I do dress it feels right and I do not feel like hiding it from anyone . . . so out I go.

Hugs

Isha

For me, it has been a curse and a blessing.

It has been a curse as my life would have been a lot easier without this. I also would have a lot more closet space without being a CD :-)

On the other hand, it has been a blessing.

I have learned who my real friends are. Those that can accept me and those that could not opened up a lot I did not know.

I learned to be a lot more accepting of others.

I learned to be a more happy person as I began to really know who I am.

I went to counseling because I was a CDer. It turned out counseling helped me learn so much more about life and how to handle it.

Because I opened up, I was able to meet a wonderful woman who is now my SO.

It taught me to laugh and really enjoy so much that life has to offer.

It's a blessing to me; I feel lucky to be me!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    A blessing with lot's of responsibility, challenges, maybe a few headache's, agony, but a blessing none the less.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Neither. It's just an "is" Although, it's a pretty good is!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I started late so I bypassed any guilt. When you have been confronted with the fragile nature of life, you find less time for unnecessary guilt. So I have no guilt, no regrets. It is just too much fun. So for me it is a blessing.
    But the eternal search for the perfect pair of red Mary Janes might be a curse.
    More important, IMHO, is how our SOs think about this. I put a LOT of work in to making it not be a curse for my SO. I can't imagine her ever thinking it is a blessing, although maybe in some totally improbable way..........

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Blessing that I am now coming to terms with being TG and enjoying my feminine side. Curse that I kept it from my wife , and now she bears the burden also. That's the part that saddens me. Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.