Thread: another routine outing

Platinum Member

another routine outing

If I seem boring, its because, well, I am. My en femme excursions into the world today kinda underscore that fact. This morning, I made stops at the dry cleaners, the grocery store and the bank.

This afternoon, I took our dog in for a follow up with the vet. Nothing major. I've been there en femme several times. I may have attracted a bit more notice than usual because I presented as male during our earlier visits last week. Our dog is much more memorable than I am, but most of the same staff were on duty and I know they recognized me, despite the change in presentation. Despite this, everyone was friendly and professional.

And I'm good with that.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That is great! I don't know how my community would react, but's great to hear your has no problems!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Some may think it's boring, Kim, but it sounds like the best day ever, to me. To just go about your day, handling the typical chores and errands without hiding who you are. I don't share this part of me with the world, but there have been many times I wish I could just go out and pick up that needed carton of milk without having to change clothes or stress that all makeup has been removed. I hope 2014 continues to provide many more "boring" days for you.

Wendy

I get that from the other side of the desk...so far none of the dogs have cared either
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Honestly, there's a lot to be said for "boredom". Excitement is sometimes really overrated.

Kim,
    Don't find another interest, you will be purging next.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i don't know about anyone else but what you are describing sounds like life to me

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Kim,
    Don't find another interest, you will be purging next.
    Not unless it's purging my male wardrobe
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

And wasn't it just yesterday that you were going to the hardware store for an O ring?

Platinum Member
    I think the o-ring was someone else. But it sounds like my kind of adventure. I went to the pool supply en femme for parts last year...not exactly the hardware store,but definitely hardware.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kim, it wasn't that long ago that such an outing would have been anything but routine for you. Happy New Year! Hugs, Michelle

Platinum Member
    True, Michelle. Any step outside my front door would have been unimaginable a little over three years ago. Since then each foray has gotten easier. Trips to the vet, the eye doctor, Starbucks etc, are also consistent with my guiding principles - a) have something to do or a purpose, b) go where there are people rather than isolated locales, and c) go during the daylight hours because the bad people mostly come out at night.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    It is always nice to be settled into a new normal. It is moving from one normal to the next that can be a little unnerving.

Platinum Member
    Maybe that's it. Besides my basic rules for safe outings, really this is all about reaching and inhabiting that new normal as a woman.

Eleanor Roosevelt