Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Purge :(

The Purge :(

I have been transgender mtf since I was 19 now I am 24 and I have purged 5 times I tried going back as male , I just cant,my last purge was very serious, I threw away almost 12000 worth of stuff, have you guys ever got rid of alot of things you wish you had back? and did you realize how much money you wasted?? its all starting to hit me, I only wish I had half my stuff back, have any of you been threw this?

i can relate! ive purged numerous times. The last being over a year ago and for 2 yrs. (i got married, and convinced myself i didnt need the clothes). I wish i had mine back 2... but now, i came out to my now ex wife (not divoricing due to cding). and i am so more comfortable with who i am

Melissa

I've never really had a serious "collection" of stuff.

But I did sort of purge a few months back, and I regret it.

I lost a gorgeous dress (pictured) and a miniskirt I've had for over 10 years (still a pretty skirt after all this time lol!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I purged a few times as a teen, went through so many nice things - I was fortunate in a way as they'd not fit now anyhow now I'm taller and have broader shoulders. Hoping to never have to go though that again, I'd hate to start again now!

I have had the impulse to purge but always fought it off thank god because I would be out as much as you

I have purged several times over the last 60 years, clothes you can replace, it's the pictures I destroyed that I regret.

sorry you had to go through that... perhaps next time consider giving it to a T* friend who would be happy to have it, and gladly give it back to you if ever needed again..

aww Thank you but I have no friends like me, I wish there was cds and ts woman out here that I can become friends with but I havent meet one yet.. so I have moved on.. but thank you

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i think everyone here purged at one point or another...myself included...threw EVERYTHING out...I am in the rebuilding stage now. After a few purges you realize this lifestyle isnt going away and you accept it...and least thats what im telling myself now

I don't think I've ever had $12000 worth of stuff, girl OR guy clothes, but I have purged on at least 3 occasions. A lot of the stuff should have been thrown away, anyway. But, there's been a few things that I regret getting rid of. Don't do it anymore. It's way too expensive. And it really doesn't solve anything. It's not anything that needs solved anyway. That's the point you need to get to.

In that one city next to those other cities.
    Yeah, I purge last august! Trashed alot of cute tops ,skirts, and wigs! Purged only one time not going to do that again!

Banned Read only
    Here's the half full glass observation: fashion moves very quickly, especially for women. You may have purged but anything over two years old is REALLY old and worthy of goodwill gifting anyway.

I probably have a dozen or so purges in my history. Been over a decade since the last one and I think I'm cured of that guilt. So, yeah, I can relate.

. . . and, Jennifer, thanks for trying to get us through the guilt with a dose of reality. Nevertheless, I think I will forever pine away for the collection of bell bottoms I slaved over with a Ronco Rhinestone Stud Setter to make girly. Certainly there's still a huge demand for those

I've sometimes thought about purging a few times in the last couple of months but I still cling to it all in hopes for better days (is not really much anyway...). Although I've learned through forums and sites like these that you should never purge, and if you do, it's all going to goodwill. No burning stuff, no throwing stuff away... So that's something that has helped me.

Regrets are nothing but anchors and dead weight. What is done is done... bad poker bet, that's all. Forget about the cards you just folded and wait there's a better hand to play (I just love poker analogies lol).

I have purged several times. I also found it rather costly. So many cute outfits gone. I promised myself not to do that again. The last time I thought I wanted to stop dressing I boxed up all my girly stuff and stored it where it wasn't readily available. As usual it was not long before the desire to dress returned and I retrieved my stash. I'm happy I did not throw it all away. Apparently I just needed a break from it to help sort it all out.

Ciara

We have all been through it for a lot less than you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

yes purged more then few times and it is such a waste of money and time...

If you can avoid the urge to purge , do so. Yes, it is costly but what I regret most is losing some wonderful stuff that is almost impossible to find anymore - at least in stores. I've bumped some lovely flora print panties, a few garter belts and regular nude, seamless stockings and beautiful camisoles. So, yes, not only is it expensive, but when the urge to dress- or the ability to dress comes back, replacing all of your wonderful stash can be darn near impossible.

Platinum Member
    Wow, was there an extra zero there? Discarding $1200 would be bad enough ...but $12,000? Let's hope you didn't, but either way, next time the urge to purge strikes, just box everything up and store it. You'll thank yourself later.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I used to purge but then you get rid of certain pieces of lingerie that you can't replace so now I store every thing away if I get the urge to purge.

I'm just adding to the woes - yes, been through that more than once, barely remember anything from what were previous wardrobes as 'Blue Rage' tends to overwhelm the Pink Fog - the urge to remove everything once and forever and never, ever, go back to this weird, wonderful passion... Well, you get the gist. The only thing I think I regret was a pair of black suede boots that fit really well and were fully knee high...
    And about four weeks ago I'd pledged again to purge at the end of this year... and then I found crossdressers.com... the rest, as they say, is history.
    If you must purge, pack it and stash it - but I suppose you get that now - never mind
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Yes I have purged many times mostly when I was married to my first wife. However Jennifer is right fashion moves forward so some of it would have gone anyway. I do regret some of the lovely vintage slips and garterbelts that I lost and have not been able to replace along with a fabulous baby doll nighty that I loved. We have all been through it and it is not worth it.
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I think we have all been through it , and it sucks!

Who hasn't purged???
    And the thought of all those pretty things, not to mention the money wasted by throwing them away was always part of the guilt I felt until I came to accept myself and come out to my wife.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have purged in the past and always regretted it - do not purge! If you feel the urge, store it, put it away and forget it, but don't purge.

The worst purge I had was when I was forced to. My mother found my stash and it all had to go. If only I still had my first few pairs of high heels. I still remember them.