Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay... Finally!

Gay... Finally!

It's been almost 3 years since I posted on the forum. It was an abrupt departure, not that many would care or notice. For those of you who did, I'm sorry. I just had to get some distance. I was too far out for my own good, and I had to rein it in.

In that time away, I've changed. Three years ago I had a GG girlfriend and was wavering on whether or not to marry her. We're still very good friends. Without her I don't think I would have ever found the courage. Might not have ever even had the inclination. Lots of things going on there, but this isn't an autobiography.

I've missed interacting on the forum. I'll begin participating again now. One thing that's kept me from participating is that I know that wives and girlfriends come here looking for answers and insight. Some of them feel very lost and afraid. Probably their biggest fear is that their SO is gay, or will turn out to be. Nobody appointed me role model, though. Everyone and every relationship should be judged on it's own merits. Everyone is entitled to that.

Even as a lifelong crossdresser, I've also been a lifelong heterosexual. I had absolutely no homosexual tendencies, desires, or fantasies. That's the truth. It just wasn't there.

My GG girlfriend encouraged me to try sexual things that I'd never thought about trying before. Probably things we can't openly discuss on here, but you can easily imagine. Honestly, I didn't really even like it at first. I did it because it was something new and erotic, especially for her. It wasn't long, though, when I finally was able to relax about it, that I started to like it. Then I started to like it A LOT! And I became curious about the real thing.

I'm not attracted to masculine men. Bottom line, I need someone like me. When I first experimented, I thought it would be just that, an experiment. A bucket list kind of thing. Wasn't long before I knew it was more than that. I continued to tell myself that it was just sex, just for fun, that the relationship part of me was inclined toward women only.

What I found was a different kind of relationship. This is a relationship with someone who knows exactly what it's like to be the only skinny, long-haired boy in school. Someone who knows how scary it is to walk in to work wearing earrings for the first time. You get the drift. A real live person who's done the things I've done! Someone I don't have to hide from.

Midnight on New Year's Eve will be a watershed moment for me. It'll be our first together. I'm literally shivering from excitement as I type this. I feel like I've resolved something, yet I didn't know there was anything to resolve. I'm scared, too. Another secret to keep? I don't know where all this will go. For now, it's wonderful, and I'll take it for all it's worth. To be in a relationship with someone who loves and encourages the very things that others hated about me... that's a pretty cool thing! To have someone to so openly share with... That's pretty cool. More than pretty cool! To experience love and sex in a way that I never imagined I ever would... I can't express how wonderful and right that feels.

I don't hedge my bets and tell myself that because she looks like a woman that I'm still straight. I may technically be bi, I guess. That's an insignificant detail right now. Make no mistake about it...

I'm GAY! And it feels so good to finally say that!

Glad to be back!

Rhonda

Wow good luck hope all works out for you?where are you from

Platinum Member
    Welcome back! I do remember you and was surprised it had ben so long since we last saw your smiling fade. I'm glad you've found something that works do ya. Be safe and enjoy life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I hope everything works out, great story

Its great to hear when one has reached peace with themselves! Congratulations! Although I may be different, we are the same!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Great to hear you have found happiness Rhonda

I am newer here and love the story of you finding happiness. You look very pretty by the way!
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Oh Rhonda, what a lovely story of finding some happiness. I am so glad that you have shared it with us. We read a lot on this forum from CD'ers in hetero relationships but not so much from gay CD'ers and I find this very informative in my own journey through these murky waters.

My question for you would be what is the reaction to you and your SO from non-CD gay folks (lemme see, would that be "straight-gay" folks, LOL)? Do you find yourself mingling (for lack of a better word) socially with mostly other gay people or with hetero people?

Thanks again and congratulations on finding some peace and obvious happiness with your identity.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Rhonda, I'm so happy that you have found yourself. Congratulations!
    Reine

Doing an about-face isn't easy. Sometimes we get locked into a mindset that makes the kind of changes you are about to undertake virtually impossible. My imagination, or lack thereof, can't comprehend the journey you are about to begin but I can appreciate the courage you possess. Best wishes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm happy you finally found a direction to go in.Good luck!!

Being yourself and having the courage to admit that is the important thing. I wish only the best for you Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm fairly new here and don't know you, but I'm all for anyone who finds happiness in their life. I hope everything works out fantastically for you and your partner. Still, I bet there are going to be a few SOs who read this who are gonna have their thoughts go into overdrive about this. I know that there is no typical "CD", and the SOs should know that, too, but still it'll get more than a few of them thinking.

Hello Rhonda and welcome back! I am so very happy that you found yourself, that you can be TRUE to yourself and to those around you! I wish you the VERY BEST!!!

Hugs,
    -Andrea

Rhonda,
    One day you will test that, Happy new year.
    Please stay this time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What a nice story of passion...just wonderful!
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Banned Read only
    Rhonda, why do you say that you are gay, rather than a lesbian?

Labels aside, I'm really happy you've found love!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Welcome back.
    I do know your feeling. I too have struggled with heterosexual relationships. I also am bisexual, but like you only towards other cd types. It is comforting to have a friend who can understand the struggles that people like us go through.
    Good luck and I hope you find your true happiness.
    Erica

Always warms my wee heart to hear of someone finding their true self, and happiness within!

Girls, y'all are so sweet! I've really missed everyone! Thank you so much for your well wishes!

I may not have been quite clear about how this came about... It wasn't that I was unhappy. I was actually happy, and in a good place. I just became curious. The open forum isn't the place for more details. If this had been right after my divorce, that wouldn't have been the right time. Now is the right time!

I was hesitant to explore, a little afraid that I would like it. There are a lot of unknowns, but there always are. The nagging question... Is this sustainable? I'm a long term commitment kind of girl, and still a question hanging out there is, "Can I visualize myself in 5, 10, or 20 years in a gay relationship mired in trans-whatever while maintaining an identity that'll keep me employed and in a good relationship with my son?" I can't answer that question, but I know what I'm going to be doing Tuesday night, and for many days and nights after. I cannot put into words how exciting it is!

To answer Stephanie's question about who we hang out with... At this point we don't hang out with anybody. Not that we stay home, we go places all the time but it's just us. Not sure we really fit in anywhere. I don't have a problem with that. This is all pretty new. That's another thing... We've both been crossdressing for a long time and that tends to make you a bit of a loner. Now we'll just be loners together, I guess.

There are a lot more questions that answers. I'm typically logical and analytical. This was not a logical decision.

For any wife or girlfriend reading this and thinking, "Ah ha! I knew it! This is where it's all leading!" Not so fast! I still believe there are more of us who are straight than gay. More importantly, I think we tend to be a very loyal and monogamous group. I'd bet we're more so than the general population. I'm sure many of you know non-crossdressing men who came out as gay later in life and straight women who "became" lesbian. I'm no more an example of what crossdressers become than lesbians and gay men are representative of straight men and women. I was not secretly gay during my marriage. I just wasn't, and you'll have to believe me on that one. I have no reason to lie about it. If my wife hadn't left me, I'd be very happily married right now, with no desire to sleep with ANYONE other than my wife.

To answer your question, Paula... I say I'm gay because I'm in a relationship with someone who has a penis. That simple. Neither of us are full time. We're a pretty androgynous couple when we're not dressed, but I don't think anybody would think we're lesbians. Actually, I haven't even figured out whether to refer to her as my boyfriend or my girlfriend. For now I'm going boyfriend. I've had girlfriends. This one's different!

I missed you girls. So glad to be back!

Rhonda

I definitely agree on the "more of us straight than gay" thing. So I second that message to any worried wives or girlfriends reading these posts

Elivs has left the.... Katie_Did GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirae View Post
    [...] Still, I bet there are going to be a few SOs who read this who are gonna have their thoughts go into overdrive about this. I know that there is no typical "CD", and the SOs should know that, too, but still it'll get more than a few of them thinking.
    You're right Desirae. I am in overdrive. I am so very very happy for Rhonda. I count her as a dear friend who deserves joy and passion and love and all the good things life has to give. Way to go Rhonda.

Welcome home Rhonda.

Sisterly hugs,
    Katie
    What a profound significance small things assume when the one we love conceals them from us.
    Marcel Proust

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean
    To answer your question, Paula... I say I'm gay because I'm in a relationship with someone who has a penis. That simple.
    Am I then gay if I'm in a relationship with someone who has a penis? I'm transsexual, and I'm, unfortunately still, a woman with a penis. I know that if I were to try to date girls, I'd either meet them in a lesbian bar, or look to another trans woman. If I'm dating another trans woman, it's very possible we'd both have penises. (At least until I get that corrected for myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean
    Neither of us are full time.
    What's being full time have to do with it? I mean, I am, and I'm on HRT and am actively transitioning, but:
    - the state still says I'm a dude.
    - me, and everybody else that likes me, says I'm a chick
    - my wife most decidedly doesn't think I'm a dude anymore. Otherwise, she could probably stand to look at me.

Falling in the TG spectrum kind of makes these gender relative labels not very useful for us, in my opinion. For example, if you both declare "I dress as a woman, but I still mostly identify as male", then sure, you could consider yourself gay. But what if one of you then decides "I'm a woman, I'll transition." Are you both still gay, or are you straight now? Nothing has actually changed physically - just one of you said something different. What if then you both decide to ultimately transition did you just go, as a couple from gay -> straight -> lesbian?

I don't think those labels make a particle of sense, that's all I'm saying.

But if you are happy in your relationship with another CD, then I guess I don't much care about the label as much as I care that you are happy. And I am happy for you. Many of us on the TG spectrum find relationships with another TG person.

For what it's worth, if someone insists on a sexual orientation label for myself, I answer that "I am a queer woman." I mean - I like guys, but have never been with one. I am not very interested in women, but have been with lots of them. If that isn't "queer", then I don't guess I know what is!

Elivs has left the.... Katie_Did GG's Avatar
    Paula your questions where answered honestly, so why are you apparently trying to explain to Rhonda why they are the wrong answers?

Sweetie this is a celebratory thread. No need to debate things or question Rhonda's opinion or mind set is there? She never once said anyone had to think exactly like she does. So return the favor and stop trying to explain to others why they should think more like you sweetie. Ok?

Now go have some cake and punch and tell Rhonda how happy you are for her...then come sit by me and gossip a bit. Tell me about all the fun you've been having with your hair.

hugs,
    Katie
    What a profound significance small things assume when the one we love conceals them from us.
    Marcel Proust

Welcome back Rhonda - Happy for you and yours.
    If anyone can find happiness in this rather messed up world for just a brief time (hopefully, a long time, though...) that's worthy of a cheer from me.
    Congratulations Rhonda - hope your happiness (but not necessarily your orientation... ) is contagious.
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta