Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD sighting at work.

CD sighting at work.

Aside from my husband I have never seen a cross dresser in person, until last night at work. It was pretty late and the store was dead ( I work at Gamestop) She walked in while I was straightening up some shelves so I wasn't paying too much attention as I welcomed her to the store. She was pretty passible. young maybe 18-23 range baby faced and a small frame. The give away was the hands and mostly the adam's apple, you know how on some guys it just seems to be more visible. The thing that impressed me was the confidence she seemed to have very natural looking.

Anyway it was pretty uneventful while she was in there, I probably should have checked for id since she bought a game rated M and she reasonably looked like she could have been underage but I know how embarrassed my husband gets when he gets carded so I didn't. As she was walking out I noticed my manager looking at her, I thought for sure he was about to say something that would make me mad but to my surprise he goes " I'm almost positive that was a dude but....DAMN!" LOL

I have to say it made my night and was pretty exciting I couldn't wait to go home to tell my husband
    11/15/12 ride or die

Seeing your first CDer does give you a funny feeling.
    Excitement usually.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    as a mature and large framed (to put it nicely) transgendered person, I am so envious of those young, baby faced, petite kids. Oh well, its not her fault that I'm big. I am really happy to read about young, confident transgendered people. She can enjoy possibilities I never allowed myself at that age!

Ps. I don't think anything of it when I am asked for my ID. It comes with the territory.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 12-31-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My support group also runs groups for young people 16\20 and the kids show up at our meetings. I've also had the privilege of attending their meetings, by invitation, and they are at some of the social events. Many of them attend high school in the gender of their choice. It never ceases to amaze me how much more accepting institutions in this area are then the 50s & 60s when I was in school. The young people have a confidence I still have trouble mustering in myself. They also express a lot of angst at being "made" or threatened or bullied, because that side still exists. Having an active support community means even the police have learned to listen and respect our members.
    Once out of the city the countryside can be mush less understanding.
    Congratulations Katie for your handling of the situation and to your boss for knowing when to keep his mouth shut.
    We've come long way baby but still have miles to go.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

I am always on the look out for fellow 'girls'. My wife and I even have a code word when we think we see one. It is surprising hard to actually clock them. And then there is no way to be sure. Oh how embarrassing would it be to think a GG was a CDer. Eek!

I would love to meet a fellow CDer and chat with her. Alas, I continue my everlasting search.

Banned Read only
    Everyone, CD-er or not, wants to be treated with respect and courtesy. You provide terrific customer service. I have to assume your courtesy and acceptance made her day.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy Stevens View Post
    I am always on the look out for fellow 'girls'. My wife and I even have a code word when we think we see one. It is surprising hard to actually clock them. And then there is no way to be sure. Oh how embarrassing would it be to think a GG was a CDer. Eek!
    There's always the Crocidile Dundee test.Then that might get you arrested. Billie Jean
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-31-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post

At the university I teach we have had one MtF and one FtM, have seen one that look like she was a hooker did not pass at all.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I do appreciate that you did not card her Katie, its one thing to be out in public but to have to show male Id is a situation I try to avoid. It really puts us on the spot and if the person asking to see my Id is not trans friendly like you it just makes a bad situation worse.

Like the girl you seen I wish they had hand transplants as I hate my man hands, but I don't have a problem with my adams apple.

Gold Member
    I will take a different approach. If we put ourselves in a position to be carded, then it is on us to be ready. You handled it well and didn't create a bad experience. But if getting carded would have ruined the experience, then it wasn't on you. The same goes for going to bars, and even buying cigarettes. If we put ourselves into a situation, we need to be prepared for what are normal outcomes.

That's nice, though, that you chose not to "card" her so that she wouldn't feel uncomfortable. Anyone who can publicly cross-dress with confidence should be able to handle a "mature" game, anyway, right?
    (Dealing with the public on TG issues sometimes requires more maturity than any game in the store!)
    Last edited by Cynthia GG; 12-31-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Aspiring Member
    It's always great when you realize that you and your husband are not alone. It's a GREAT thing, god bless ya!!! Time to dress up and acknowledge the unique and wonderful person that he is... have a happy new year... See ya at the mall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    I do appreciate that you did not card her Katie, its one thing to be out in public but to have to show male Id is a situation I try to avoid. It really puts us on the spot and if the person asking to see my Id is not trans friendly like you it just makes a bad situation worse.
    Then on the other hand she could have been from the sheriff's office or home office checking to see if you follow rules. (or even worse the news paper). TGs are to be held to the same rules the rest of society have to follow. Games are not that big of a deal but if this had been liquor or cigarettes (or tomorrow in Colorado weed) someone could be in a LOT of trouble. I can see a teenager thinking they could bypass laws by dressing
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    Wow! She's hot,CD friendly and she works at Gamestop! Lol. I think you handled the situation just fine. But as another poster said, it would be her fault for putting herself in a scenario where she would have to show id. I am completely comfortable with that myself. I just whip it out and smile as as the bewildered look crosses their faces slowly giving way to enlightenment! Lol
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Banned Read only
    Wow, I would have thought that the give-away was that woman was in Gamestop. ;-)

I've actually seen quite a few CDers out and around this city. The only problem was that three out of four of them had beards and did nothing to present as female. If that's what they like to do that's fine with me. Its just that I often wonder what other people think about them.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Then on the other hand she could have been from the sheriff's office or home office checking to see if you follow rules. (or even worse the news paper). TGs are to be held to the same rules the rest of society have to follow. Games are not that big of a deal but if this had been liquor or cigarettes (or tomorrow in Colorado weed) someone could be in a LOT of trouble. I can see a teenager thinking they could bypass laws by dressing
    If it was for liquor or cigarettes then card her, but Katie said 18-23 range which where I'm from is legal age. I do realize it is different in the states with it being 21, not sure if that's for games as well. But I have also noticed that woman are given the benefit of doubt more often then men in that age group.

Sounds like a nice interaction for all involved, as for the comment your boss made; He thought she might not be GG , but was certain she was beautiful. I'd take a comment like that any day !

Oh and knowing that he works next to some one as beautiful as you all day( I checked out your profile pic) only makes it an even greater complement !
    Last edited by Lexi Moralas; 12-31-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Yeah you have to be 17 to buy a game rated M so I was almost certain she was of age but still I guess you never know for sure. But to be fair Lori, I don't think many teenage buys will think of dressing like a girl to avoid getting carded, unless he happens to be a cd already and even still that seems like a bit much for something that might not even work anyway.

If the store had been busy I don't think I would have even noticed she wasn't really a she, but when we only have one costumer we tend to pay more attention to them. And thank Lexi and Rocket, your comments made my day Gamestop is such a boys place I still feel like kind of a novelty sometimes My co-workers simple refer to me as "the chick" LOL
    11/15/12 ride or die

Banned Read only
    Katie, you are just way too cool. If I'm ever at a Gamestop buying something for someone (I don't play games), and I see someone as nice looking and as nice as you, I'll be sure to wink. Thank you for being kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    There's always the Crocidile Dundee test.Then that might get you arrested. Billie Jean
    I forgot about that test!

If that would ever happen to me then I guess I am in the perfect right to bitch slap the dude and say in a high pitch voice, "how dare you!". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    I've actually seen quite a few CDers out and around this city. The only problem was that three out of four of them had beards and did nothing to present as female. If that's what they like to do that's fine with me. Its just that I often wonder what other people think about them.
    Good Lord, beards on 3 out of 4 CDers you saw?, wow.

They need to send a shipment of razors to your city.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-01-2014 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

Nicely done Katie; kudos and thanks! I'm certain you at least indirectly helped that young lady gain confidence!

Hugs,
    Jen

That's great, maybe you should ask her to hang out with your husband That sounds like something I'd do, show up in a video game store dressed as a girl!

Katie, I think your husband is very lucky to have you!
    Stephanie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think you did the right thing and glad your boss thought she looked good.