Thread: Reflections

Platinum Member

Reflections

I noticed that I'm about to cross the 13,000 post mark and also a few days away from completing my fourth year as a member of this site.

During that time I've lived through more than a few changes in how I view myself and how I live my life. When I started here, I was a long term CDr, but my dressing was confined for most of the previous decades to stockings and undies. I simply couldn't see myself as anything other than a large man in panties and stockings.

A few months before joining this I first wore a complete woman's outfit. That and subsequent early attempts were a bit like the early aircraft image I'm using for my avi....some potential, but they never quite got off the ground. I got my first set of breast forms in late 2009, and at least from the neck down, began to see myself differently.

I sought out this site because I knew I wanted more, but lacked so much information, technical for sure, but also I needed to know how others like me felt about themselves and the possibilities. Wow, what a steep learning curve I had ahead of me. Nonetheless, a few months here in early 2010 opened my eyes opened to possibilities I hadn't allowed myself to imagine. By mid summer I took my first tentative steps out into the world en femme, and purchased my first wig (oddly in that order). When I saw myself with a wig for the first time I realized that I could do this... I could present myself as a woman.

The key to this ultimately was the example provided by so many others here. I saw how good they looked...not necessarily beautiful, but well put together and feminine. Their many examples gave me the encouragement I needed to step out into the world and live the life I've always wanted to lead.

My thanks to all the long term members who have inspired my growth as a person and to all the new members who keep the conversation fresh and interesting. Best wishes to all in 2014.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    Kim, I hope I speak for many in that it has been a pleasure to share this journey with you. 13,000 posts is a lot of help to others, so you have left your impact. But the journey continues, so we will see where it leads us.....

Gold Member
    Hi Kim:
    When I found this site a few years back, I was excited. There where actually other people in the world
    that liked to wear womens clothes. I almost felt that I was the only pebble on the beach.
    It is people like your self that gave me a bunch of confidence to continue on with my dressing.
    I am still a closet dressed, but I now under dress as much as possible out of the house.
    Happy New Year; and may 2014 bring happiness and farewell to you.
    Rader

Kim,
    I have only been here a couple of years and I have found the experience extremely gratifying.

The ideas and anecdotes that I have exchanged and recalled made me realise there was a lot more to my cross dressing life than I had thought about.

I look forward to the next couple of years of association with you and othere so as we can still keep bouncing off each other.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

reflections on myself

almost 13,000 ! wow! and this is my first. I have been visiting for about 5 years now, and just now finally joined. a lot of that because of a banned email addrress. i have grown a lot these past years, many of you i already consider friends whoose advice i seek out constantly. My own journey i will share on the correct thread. Reflecting back, I have constantly turned to these pages for questions, thoughts, advice, stories, solutions, and answers. You are one i look up to, and whom i seek out for opinions. thank you.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Kim, I hope I speak for many in that it has been a pleasure to share this journey with you. 13,000 posts is a lot of help to others, so you have left your impact. But the journey continues, so we will see where it leads us.....
    There's also an abundance of nonsense and trivial in those 13000 posts, but thanks for the kind words!
    Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Hi Kim:
    When I found this site a few years back, I was excited. There where actually other people in the world
    that liked to wear womens clothes. I almost felt that I was the only pebble on the beach.
    It is people like your self that gave me a bunch of confidence to continue on with my dressing.
    I am still a closet dressed, but I now under dress as much as possible out of the house.
    Happy New Year; and may 2014 bring happiness and farewell to you.
    Rader
    It was also illuminating for me to find so many people shared this thing....whatever it is! Best to you as well, Rader.

Quote Originally Posted by marsha leanne View Post
    almost 13,000 ! wow! and this is my first. I have been visiting for about 5 years now, and just now finally joined. a lot of that because of a banned email addrress. i have grown a lot these past years, many of you i already consider friends whoose advice i seek out constantly. My own journey i will share on the correct thread. Reflecting back, I have constantly turned to these pages for questions, thoughts, advice, stories, solutions, and answers. You are one i look up to, and whom i seek out for opinions. thank you.
    Gosh I am no role model! My opinions really are just that...and everybody has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Kim,
    I have only been here a couple of years and I have found the experience extremely gratifying.

The ideas and anecdotes that I have exchanged and recalled made me realise there was a lot more to my cross dressing life than I had thought about.

I look forward to the next couple of years of association with you and othere so as we can still keep bouncing off each other.
    Let's do that...we are in this together!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

hi there I to only joined recently I am reading lots of the posts and the forum has helped me to come to terms with my crossdressing its been very helpful I have not done many post I am still learning my self thank you to the forum

Banned Read only
    Hi Kim, thanks for your insight; I've never looked closely at your avatar until reading this post; I thought it was the side of a building; how funny now that I look closely at it. Hopefully, that's how a lot of people view me when I'm out and about; not as what I really am, but as what I want to be.

Well put kimdl93, This forum is a huge help to all of us. It makes my world easier.