Thread: 2013 Wrap-up: Mission Accomplished!

2013 Wrap-up: Mission Accomplished!

I looked back at what I posted for resolutions at the beginning of the year and at my mid-year update. I'm glad to say I met all my goals for 2013 and it leaves me wondering what 2014 will bring as an encore.

Here's what I wrote in July with the end of year comments added beneath each goal.
    -------------------

1) Continue telling my wife how much I appreciate her love and support and hopefully go out a few more times with her.

The first part of this I think I've accomplished, but we haven't been out again this year. There are certainly challenges that come with an extra kid who doesn't take all that well to babysitters. Hopefully it'll get better as she gets a bit older. One thing we recently signed up for was some couples counseling to help us strengthen our relationship, deal with the challenge of a second kid, and she hopes to deal even more constructively with my crossdressing.

December 31st Update: I think we've continued to do well. She went out with me and some friends two more times and started a blog about her challenges. Some of it is tough for me to deal with, but it's all done constructively. We saw a therapist a few times and recently changed to a new one that we really like. We're looking forward to a great 2014.

2) Get out more and meet more wonderful people.

Mission Accomplished! So many great new people in my life. Several of whom are here (Amy and Lori looking at you!) and many more outside of this forum. I'm looking forward to all the rest I'll surely meet this year.

December 31st Update: So many more new friends online and in person. What a wonderful year. I'm moving to DC this coming summer and it's great that I've already got so many friends there and many more to meet. though, it'll be very sad to leave a great group (and an amazing place) in Denver.

3) Keep up with all the amazing people I met in 2012.

I think I've done pretty well here too. Lots of fun experiences with the friends I made last year too.

December 31st Update: More of the same as reported in July.

4) Get Bree to the top of a mountain! 14,000 feet or bust.

Not quite yet. I made it to 12,400 on one hike but it was too early in the year to do a 14er. I might get the chance in the next week or two. I'll have two weeks with the rest of my family visiting grandparents so I've got plenty of opportunity. Hopefully I'll get to take advantage of it!

December 31st Update: Did it! I climbed Mt. Sherman in late July and it was an amazing experience. All my adventures in the great outdoors are captured in this Flickr Set and describe in this thread

What an amazing year! Here's to an exciting and fun 2014 for everyone and I sure hope to meet even more of you. Have a blast tonight!

-Bree

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    2) Get out more and meet more wonderful people.

Mission Accomplished! So many great new people in my life. Several of whom are here (Amy and Lori looking at you!)
    You looking at me? You looking at me? Great to meet you and know you too, Bree.

I'm moving to DC this coming summer and it's great that I've already got so many friends there and many more to meet. though, it'll be very sad to leave a great group (and an amazing place) in Denver.
    so..so you won't come back? Who will I bounce my sarcasm off of?

I climbed Mt. Sherman in late July and it was an amazing experience.
    OK I won't tell anyone Mt Sherman is 10,000 feet with a switchback paved road (Just kidding people...geez...it's a technical climb for experienced hikers ) Still gonna miss me Bree?

Think of me when you head to bed at 10 tonight and I have to be awake entertaining people @ the Crown...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Still gonna miss me Bree?

Think of me when you head to bed at 10 tonight and I have to be awake entertaining people @ the Crown...
    Of course I'll miss you. Break a leg or, preferably, someone else's leg tonight!

-Bree

Bree,
    I am sure you will set new goals for 2014.

Climb to the top of the White House.
    Join the queue to look at "Old Glory" in The Smithsonian.

Maybe paddle in the refurbished reflective pond in front of Lincoln's Memorial, or scale that long white pointy thing in the middle of the mall.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.