Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do i accept myself

I have gone through so much of the repression and self denial, self loathing. A year ago, I waived the white flag. The process is not an easy one. I have had many strange and sometimes difficult days this past year. One thing I can say, at least as it applies to me is to not get too wrapped up in the actual dressing part. Sounds kinda strange on a crossdressing site.... ultimately what we are here for. But, for me, just realizing I am someone who has a strong feminine side. I was born with it. As I gain self acceptance, and let it out, I feel better, calmer, more relaxed and at peace. I am not there yet, not totally. Maybe I will never be there totally. But I am doing better than I was. I am a good person who wishes to do good for others. I keep my priorities of kids and wife before anything else. For those who I am not fond of, or have issues with, I merely try to let them be and have as little to do with them as possible. I am a good person. Keep telling yourself this. You are a good person. It is ok to dress in a way which makes you feel comfortable, or that you enjoy however it is that you enjoy it.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Megan. Step one is to recognize that "acceptance" only matters when it is you who accepts, um, you. You like to wear clothes that traditionally are associated with women. Whether you do it for comfort, questions of gender, sexual thrill, or "don't know", be comfortable with it. When you are out in public - if you haven't already done so - you will find that if you do the whole wig/makeup thing most people don't even realize that you're a guy in a dress. Those who do - surprise - generally don't care. And those few who giggle or stare (people you'll never see again anyway) seem insignificant when you encounter a few people like waitstaff, sales clerks and others who go out of their way to make you feel welcome (happened with me the other night). Maybe we bring out the best in more people than we realize.

Megan,

I was reading this thread because I too suffer from not accepting myself. There were so many wonderful posts, and it has helped me, so I hope you found some answers too. As you can tell, you are not alone in this. Like many, it will always be a bit of a struggle, but I also realize that for many of us, we would be so unhappy without cross dressing.

You simply need to get to know yourself and your feelings. This is mostly what the human condition is all about, gender notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Megan, until you accept yourself as you are, you won't be able to accept yourself as you want to be. Relationships are really hard to develop and maintain when you are doing OK inside yourself; they next to impossible when you can't figure out who you are or want to be. I'd suggest you try to find someone you can talk to frankly--maybe a professional--who might be able to help you sort things out. Just don't give up on yourself. Keep on thinking and I'm sure you'll find some answers, soon.

I like myself. It feels pretty good.

I didn't start out this way....having this side of me, but I adapted. ...and I feel more inner harmony than I ever have.