Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What an Awful Dilemma...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    In my early days of CDing, I dressed for the eroticism of the experience. I never left my house and avoided mirrors reflecting an old guy in a way too tight skirt. Once I progressed to makeup and hair I started taking videos of myself in the various outfits I had. They often were pretty laughable. So I changed, got out the door, and expanded my wardrobe. I've evolved into a classy old broad rather than a poorly dressed, silly looking, old guy in a dress. Life is good when you grow up!

I see a lot of 40 something GGs dressing in the sexy styles aimed at 20 something's.
    they don't look 20 , but they look damn good ! So why shouldn't they dress that way ?
    My guy side would hate for them to start dressing like frumpy soccer moms. And I think the same goes for us CD girls if we like the style and can effectively pull it off I say go for it. Sure will will stand out a little more than if we were dressed more conservatively. But no more than a GG of similar age and condition. I know a woman in her early 70's she shops with and wears similar styles as her 19 yo granddaughter. She by no means look 20 but she looks damn good. And her husband is the absolute envy of every man he knows in his age group. And all younger guys my male side included pray to god that our SO look and dress like that at her age.
    Then on the flip side just because a girl is in her 20's doesn't mean she can pull of those same styles. I think we have all seen that. To me it's like some one said earlier cd or GG , wear what you like and what makes you look good
    Last edited by Lexi Moralas; 01-02-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Wasn't it Indiana Jones that said something like "It's not the years, it's the miles"?

Here we are, a bunch of crossdressers who cross or blur the lines of gender, wearing clothes usually worn by the other sex, and easily justify it by saying it's what feels natural or normal. And then pass judgement as to what is appropriate for other CDers to wear.

For everybody, GG, GM, CDer, TS, and everyone else of any age, wear what you want or are compelled and reap the rewards and/or suffer the consequences.

Dressing classy doesn't make you classy. People wanting acceptance should demonstrate some of it.

Dress in what you look GOOD in and makes you happy!

I'm into my Medicare years, but I feel as though I can dress younger than my age. Afterall, if I dress and act my age I would be sitting in a rocking chair, wearing a long black dress, flats, and stockings rolled down to near my ankles.
    As it is I don't get carried away and wear miniskirts and 6-inch heels (at my age a fall from that height can be fatal). I dress (when I go out) in a manner which would suggest I work at some high class office. When I'm at home, all bets are off.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    There is nothing wrong with dressing a little younger than your age. Many GG's do it all the time. However, nobody, I repeat, nobody wants to see a sixty + in miniskirts and 6-inch heels. Use you head for something besides a hatrack when it comes to dressing younger.

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Age appropriate clothing is age appropriate for a reason, usually. I'm 50 now, and in male-mode, I favour unstructured wool jackets, and less windbreakers. Less jeans, more dress pants. Less sneakers, more suede brogues. The clothes look of high quality and made to last many years, and overall conveys the impression of a mature, successful and stable person. Natural fabrics = approachable person, leather and steel = less approachable. And of course, plaid always says 'dependable'.

What we wear isn't just for us, but it says something to the rest of the world, whether we like it or not. These clothes look good on me as a man of 50, because they match the lines on my face, the grey in my hair, the drinks I like, the briefcase I carry. I wear them because as a man I look much better in these, than in rolled up jeans, Vans and a wifebeater. In board shorts, a ripped Tshirt and a shark tooth necklace, I look like a poseur, and am instantly discordant and noticeable.

This is what is IMHO, is important about age-appropriate clothing for ladies. It's what most people wear at that time in their lives, because it probably makes the most of your body, and it sends a message to the world which is in harmony with the person wearing it. It has nothing to do with artificial reserve, or prudishness. By all means, wear fishnet at 70, if you like. But how about a flash of fishnet stocking from beneath the hem of perfectly tapered wool pants and a black patent kitten heel? Sit down in a restaurant and see what reaction that gets. Much sexier, I think, than a 70 year old woman in a micro-mini and strappy sandals. My 2 cents. MK
    Last edited by MarinaKirax; 01-02-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

Can anyone say Tina Turner?

At age 74 she still dresses any way she wants and looks good just google tina turner and look at the hundreds of photos

Sure if one is dressed flashy they are going to attract attention but if you got it flaunt it.

Just dress as other women in your area do that are in the perceived age group.
    I'm not 45, but my wife says I look it when dressed so I wear what the 45's in this area do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A girl should where what ever she want to, it they are closeted what difference does it make, if they go out, then hopefully common sense will win out. When I go out with friend, I ask what they are going to where and try to blend in with them. The last time I went out I was going to wear a short skirt, my friend said it might be better to go with slack, because it was cold out.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Wasn't it Indiana Jones that said something like "It's not the years, it's the miles"?

Here we are, a bunch of crossdressers who cross or blur the lines of gender, wearing clothes usually worn by the other sex, and easily justify it by saying it's what feels natural or normal. And then pass judgement as to what is appropriate for other CDers to wear.

For everybody, GG, GM, CDer, TS, and everyone else of any age, wear what you want or are compelled and reap the rewards and/or suffer the consequences.

Dressing classy doesn't make you classy. People wanting acceptance should demonstrate some of it.
    Very well stated, much better than I could do. Thanks.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post

I agree with Allie that Nicole said it best. As crossdressers we have the ability to gender shift and sometimes we can age shift (in our minds only maybe, LOL) as well, what could be more fun than that? Wigs, makeup, body shaping, we don't do that to look older do we?

I don't buy the "age appropriate" clothing argument, more important to me is to dress "situation appropriate" if I want to blend in. If you are dressing in the privacy of your home then anything goes and I like to see the pictures of CD'ers playing around with different styles at home when are willing to share them with us girls.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Marina I get where you are coming from to a degree but there is a flip side to that look.
    In my 30's and 40's I dressed that way all the nice classy mens clothes the fancy very expensive car all that stuff that some see as a successful upwardly mobile guy.
    Lived in a gated community in a big house again all the trappings of a well to do person.
    I found people mostly women looked at me as a pretentious snob.Was I happy? Hell no my wife was cheating on me, my old friends had left me and moved on.
    The friends I did have were just like me and at that point I started dressing down to a more everyday person more casual look and left behind all the upscale trappings.Sold my house and found one that was more practical and cheaper to keep up.
    Changed my lifestyle and left all that stuff behind.
    What I did find was clothes and image don't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.What you think you show on the outside isn't always how people really see you.