Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first female apparel purchase?

Gold Member
    Nightgown from JC Penny, "It's for my wife" Ya right

hey, I have gone into JC Penny and/or Sears and bought nite gowns and/or PJ's for my wife and I mean for my wife not me and most times only get a comment like, "She will adore this".

Then too have bought for myself too, so it works both ways.

Gold Member
    I still get red in the face:redface:

Just some dresses and pantyhose from the JC Penney catalogue, when I was in my early twenties and out on my own for the first time. I sent in the order, but the bra didn't arrive. So I steeled my courage and went to a department store and bought a longline bra. All she said was, "You want to buy this?" I said yes, and she sold it to me. I was nervous as all hell.

shoes!!

Pair of black knee high, 4" boots. They were quite sexy, though VERY unfashionable

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Aspiring Member
    The first item I bought was (probably) a skirt, from Littlewoods catalogue nearly 20 years ago. I still have the account running now, but I've changed the name now and I love a lot of their 'Canvas' range.

Anne

Probably about 1988 or 1989. Still living with my parents, but had my own PO Box. Ordered by phone from Frederick's of Hollywood. Black tank dress. Still have it. Man, was I nervous.

I was fifteen years old and it was a pencil skirt, it was blue and just below the knee. It was lovely.

I was very nervous paying for it, but not as much as I thought i would be. I can still remember in great detail the very first moment i stepped into a skirt that actually belonged to me. This was my skirt!!

18 years on I have lost track of how much I have bought. I very quickly got used to buying stuff though and actually enjoy it very much

First purchase

Two pairs of Triumph bikini panties - slinky (of course!). Wore them at weekends while I was on a course away from home and purged before I came home. That was over 20 years ago.

Just did a check today and have twice as many pairs of girls panties than boys. Hmmm...

Simonep

Wink

My first was a blue waltz length gown. I loved it.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I think the first thing I bought was a pair of suede black pumps and a pair of pantyhose. I was so nervous when I bought them. The next purchase I made was a bra, panty, and garter set.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

My first purchase was a slinky LBD from Victoria's Secret...I've been hooked every since!!!!

My first purchase exclusively for me was a pair of 4" black strappy platform sandals. I luved them! Alas they were the victim of my last purge two years ago. Purging sucks! Used to "borrow" all the rest from my wife. Now I just started buying for myself what I want. Its much better that way.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Banned Read only

First Purchase

I only started dressing @ 4 or 5 years ago. (I am almost 69) I walked into a Victoria's Secret and purchased 2 pairs of highcut panties, one pale blue, one pale green, size 8 (my wife's size.) When I got them home I showed them to her, and told her one pair was for her, one was for me, and she could pick the color she wanted. In fact we both wore both of them, and now we keep out panties in the same drawer - mine are size 9. I have made many purchases since that time, but I will never forget that first shopping trip!

Pantyhose!

My first couple of purchases were bikini bathing suits on sale at the end of the season so they were dirt cheap. I was probably 17 or so when I bought them. My mom's one piece was the first piece of female clothing I remember trying on when I was 5 or 6 years old. My mom also caught me wearing it and it was not a pretty scene but I didn't stop dressing I just got smarter.

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    I was probably 12 or 13 years old. My first purchases were pantyhose and I would get them at a drug store. I remember that the checkout girls would sometimes ask if they were for me and then give me this smile. I'm not sure if they knew they were for me or not, but I'm sure they got a kick out of embarassing me.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

I like it when the clerk kids around rather than just acting like a robot. I bought several pairs of pantyhose in a discount department store one time and the check-out girl said, "So you've decided to wear these now, have you?" So I chuckled and said "Yep". Then she said, "Well be careful putting them on, they rip easily."

Another time I bought an all-in-one bra and girdle "corselette" at Montgomery Ward, and the older clerk handed me the bag and said, "Enjoy it now." This was in stark contrast to a different clerk at Wards who glared at me like I had three heads when I bought a long-legged panty girdle.

I bought a slip at a local store and the girl reminded me to "Bring it back if it doesn't fit you." I love the frank, non-judgemental comments.

Joyce

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    Yes, a pair of size 11 juniors jeans.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I was around 16 and it was a pair of cheap high heeled sandals. They were cheap but when wearing them I felt like a million dollars.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

My first was..

...A pair of pink socks and a pair of Baby blue Elle Knickers and a matching bra I was 18 and had my first job so I could afford to buy stuff, skirts etc. followed afterwards.

Hugs
    Amelia xxx

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra1
    Probably about 1988 or 1989. Still living with my parents, but had my own PO Box. Ordered by phone from Frederick's of Hollywood. Black tank dress. Still have it. Man, was I nervous.
    You know with the internet we dont even need to go to the store, but this is a great idea right here, get a P.O. Box, im going to look in to it

First Purchase

My first purchase was a long nylon nightgown I think it was aquamarine , told the checkout lady it was for my Mom...

I bought 3 Dresses

I got them from a thrift store all black 2 fit one didint so since it was long and had elastic at the waist I cut the top off and made a long skirt out of it.
    Happy to be out to my loving wife.

2 skirts and 2 tops from a thrift shop.
    Adrianne.