Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow

Talking Lightweight

We got almost a foot here. Lightweight. Is petty cold though. Come back when we have two feet or more .
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Snow is only an adrenalin rush if you can strap a couple of boards to your feet and "swish" down hill quickly.

Even that 'aint simple or easy to do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Well, getting close to 9 degrees here but I did clear all the snow early this afternoon, my cuddleduds kept me nice and warm while doing so! We had about 8 in. or so, good thing for the snow blower, it made quick work of it. I was able to go to the gym afterwards and was also able to work on some nail art at intervals during the day. So the snow is not that bad, I couldn't dress so I was able to get things done that I wouldn't normally have the time to do!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I totally miss the weather up north. Today the temps at home in western MN are supposed to drop into the -30 range. I love it. There is nothing so awesome as looking up into the night sky during the dead of winter. The cold dry air opens up the universe to inspection. All one can see of the night sky here in Houston are approaching aircraft.
    I'd lived down South till about a year ago, but was raised in the Great Lakes area, I grew up with snow, and serious winds coming off the lake. I'm back where I grew up, and right now it's 8 degrees outside with a windchill of -8. In all honesty, I don't mind the snow, especially on Christmas Day, but 8 degrees is a bit chilly, even for me. Given the choice, I'd probably prefer the warmer climate down South (even though it gets like an oven in the Summer months.)

Sure the snow is pretty, but after 44 yes in n.e., I've had more than enough. I long for heat year round so I can always wear short skirts and not snow blow 2 driveways per storm. JJ

Banned Read only
    We're expecting our first real snow here in the Memphis area in about two years. It's shivering cold, but I can't wait to see the white stuff falling, the streets covered, and hopefully a day or two to enjoy it. I have two Jeeps so it's only going to keep me in if I want to stay in. I must say, though, the thoughts of a silky nightgown, a warm robe, a hot cup of coffee and a raging fire does sound mighty good.

When I worked at my old job, one of my duties was battling the snow, so I've had enough to last a lifetime.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I like the winter clothes more. its a little eaiser to pass in sweaters than sun dresses. we dont get much snow here where I am at now.. I lived near South Bend, IN for a while. got quite a but more snow there.. I generally enjoyed it.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

You painted such a heavenly picture! Love being outside this cool time of year with riding boots and a nice sweater over my skinny jeans.....thanks for such an awesome image!

It snows time to time in colorado. I love going out in the snow with big forms on, just an extra layer too keep me warm enjoy skiing in it too
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

For a few weeks at least, I get to check on , and care take another place, a little bit in the country, but with some traffic, and a few neighbors on the road, so, i ventured out in the light snow, and 8 degree cold, in summer dresses, for some "cool off" photos. It felt great to be out there for just a minute or so! But, the extreme cold in s day or two will be a bear. I sure feel for those without power, homeless people and cats and dogs, and other animals outside. If this goes on for weeks, it will be something. Here are a few of my "polar bear" photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now they are saying to expect a "polar vortex" blast next week whatever the hell that is. Sending temps down to as much as minus 70. So what I say. Keep your tootsies warm my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I am wondering if I can make it home to Hawaii before that polar vortex thingy hits!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cder View Post
    I love going out in the snow with big forms on...
    I apologize , but my first thought was you out in the snow, tripping, falling forward and then bouncing right up again.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

just got hit here in ny with 10 inches of snow and below zero night time temps...
    i encourage you to come visit me... and don't forget to bring your shovel
    paula

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    For a few weeks at least, I get to check on , and care take another place, a little bit in the country, but with some traffic, and a few neighbors on the road, so, i ventured out in the light snow, and 8 degree cold, in summer dresses, for some "cool off" photos. It felt great to be out there for just a minute or so! But, the extreme cold in s day or two will be a bear. I sure feel for those without power, homeless people and cats and dogs, and other animals outside. If this goes on for weeks, it will be something. Here are a few of my "polar bear" photos.
    My goodness, Alice! 200 below zero and you found three outfits to pose in out in the snow?!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Carla, yes, and i love a little adventure , and am starved for it. Too much drams here, but a little adventure in between. I didn't slip and fall once, but it was treacherous, yet great fun. BRRRRRRRR! Freezing!

Banned Read only
    Somebody needs to tell them Canadian girls to keep their damn cold up there!

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Somebody needs to tell them Canadian girls to keep their damn cold up there!
    We try eh, but that pesky snow just has a mind of it's own. I think secretly it wishes to cross dress as rain that is why it tries to head south.

We are having freezing rain, sleet, & snow here tonight & tomorrow. I'm definitely enjoying it though. No one visits in bad weather, I can dress both of my days off from work!

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    I am a California girl, and I hate snow.
    Me too. And I hate freezing cold weather too.

I grew up on the east coast so I've seen plenty of snow and frigid weather. I heard the whole country is freezing the next couple of days except the west coast, Arizona, and south Florida. Even north Florida and Texas are freezing.

It's been in the mid 70s lately and I'll happily take mid 70s or even mid 60s. Btw I notice Californians love to complain how cold it is when the temperature plummets to below 65 degrees in the day or below 50 degrees at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    I think secretly it wishes to cross dress as rain that is why it tries to head south.
    Hahahaha, snow occasionally cross-dresses as rain in California. And when that happens no one can drive.

The freezing temperatures cross-dress to Celcius in California, so your 21 F becomes 21 C or 70 F.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 01-06-2014 at 02:10 AM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.