Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you miss it?

Would you miss it?

Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7 and live as a woman or perhaps even go as far as transitioning. Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not at all as I would love to be a female 24/7

Not much I think

Platinum Member
    Would it necessarily mean that one could not do "man things" without presenting as a man? The man things I like to do really aren't gender specific...camping, hiking, hunting and fishing - look at Cabelas they've got everything a girl could want in sporting gear. I used to watch pro and college football - they're marketing jerseys to women now.

I guess I can't be both grandpa and grandma....but maybe that's just my limited imagination!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As I write this I’m trying to think what those “man things” might be that I couldn’t also do as a woman, other than use a stand-up urinal and have sex as a man. Of course those two might still be available with just dressing 24/7. I’ve always thought that women actually get more pleasure out of sex than men do, although I’m not sure that post-op trans-women enjoy all the same sensations that GG’s do.

I’ve never held a job that couldn’t be done by a woman, in fact I’ve worked side-by-side with women, and even for women, in most places I worked. In the Sixties there were no Women Marines in combat, but that isn’t true anymore and I can’t say that I miss combat in the least. I rode with the first female police officer the city hired in the seventies; never have missed that foul-mouthed, super macho individual – always thought she was probably over-compensating for being a woman in what had always been a “man’s” job. Fishing, shooting, photography, motorcycles, reading, old movies, archery, building scale models, model railroading, painting (oils), and sailing are a few of the things I have enjoyed at one time or another and I don’t see any reason I couldn’t pursue any of those as a woman.

So I guess my short answer would be no.
    Babs

Kate - I did ponder this for a short while, thinking: I could still do all the things I do as a guy - dress down when I'm doing stuff, and most of what we all do is actually gender non-specific. I don't think I'd miss those mundane man-things we do - in fact, I could keep doing most of them. But I know I would miss the 'organic' aspects, if you get my drift... that isn't in my makeup (no pun intended ) - and I would miss the excitement of doing something that is seen as 'wrong' and for me, presently, secret.
    Other than that our society remains biased in favour of males, so why wouldn't I want to keep the ability to surf either channel as the feeling takes me? The only obstacle to that is the prejudice that remains for guys in dresses - and that is changing over time, to a degree.
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I honestly can't think of any profession, hobby, activity, etc that can only be performed by a man, with the exceptions that Barbra P stated about urinals and "man type" sex. I think around the world, if you look,there are many women performing traditionally male-oriented activities and jobs. And if there isn't a woman somewhere doing some specific "male" job or activity, it's most likely due to laws or societal norms that keep them from doing it, not the woman's inability to do those tasks. So, I'd have to say no to the OP's original question. I wouldn't miss anything about being a man or doing "man things".

If I suddenly was not a man I would miss that because that is how I identify,. As others have stated the "man things" is not an issue. I drive race cars, so does my youngest daughter, quite well I might add, so I don't see that you could not continue to do all of those "manly things" just as before. Bria

As long as I'm living in a Western country (US, Canada, etc) I wouldn't miss being a guy at all. I don't really do a lot of the specific "guy things" out here in west Texas, like getting blind drunk and running people off the road with your pickup truck - I don't even own a pickup truck, or hooting for the Cowboys (hate the NFL, love to watch college football though). Most of the things that were once considered "guy things" are no longer male-only, honestly, unless you count stupidity in that rank. And to be quite frank there plenty of stupid people from both sexes around. Guys just do a lot more destructively-stupid things from the evidence I've seen. If you don't believe me go look up those "prank" videos on Youtube some time. Most of them are just purely stupid and mostly mean to other human beings.

I'm one of those "one wish" people though, and I wouldn't miss being a guy at all. I can't honestly think of much that a guy can do that a gal can't do as well these days. Women can hold political office in Texas, which is more than I can do - I'm atheist, and that legally bars me from ever running for political office in this state. Of course that would bar me regardless of sex.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 01-04-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: removed religous and weapon refernces
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Banned Read only
    I would concur with many of the other responders. There isn't much that I have done in life that a women hasn't done with the exception of combat in Nam. I've said in the past, if I wasn't born a man, I wouldn't mind being a woman. I've been able to dress 24/7 when my wife took trips. It was relaxing to be fully en femme and even venture outside. However, dressing 24/7 at that time lacked interaction with society. I don't think many men, who are just cross dressers and not transitioning, would find the experience relaxing. There is too much baggage thrown our way by society to enjoy the experience. I enjoy my time as a man. I enjoy my time as a man wearing the clothing of a female. Realistically I've never seen a cross dressing man fully engaged in society. That's over sixty years of looking.

I have to be honest, I think I would miss it a little bit. I have such a dual nature, equally female and male. But if I had to choose, I probably would lean towards female.

not so far.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    No I would not miss it. I would rather jump off a very tall bridge than be a man again. I hate being a man. I hate the man I used to be. Good riddance!

I'm always on the fence with this question 24/7/365.

I've gotten pretty active in the transgender community, and have many friends transition.....some exquisite and flawless, others not so.

I really don't have a desire to change the gender on my driver's license or passport, or have a new name on my tombstone. As long as I can get on a plane dressed as female, that's all I care......So far so good.

I like me. I still can't figure out which part of me is the essential me, so I'll stick with the dual-gender/Bi-gender role, whatever you call it, and until the day I feel the need to settle on one place, I'll just be like my first sentence on the top of my post.

I would miss my family (wife,kids). I don't have any friends so that is non issue. I believe I would enjoy being female 24/7 though.

No. My whole life I wished I had been a woman.

As we discuss mannerisms etc all the time I'm assuming that the question implicitly implies that you would behave as a woman so yes I would miss some things. GG's socialize differently. I like going to the pub for a bit of man banter which is different from woman's banter. The conversation is structured differently. I agree in the main about jobs, but I doubt that a regiment of GG's would have yomped across the Falklands carrying full packs plus additional ammo and then fought a pitched battle as effectively as their male colleagues. Nature decided generally men would be more suited to fighting. It's in the genes. I know this sounds a bit macho but I know there are guys doing jobs far too physically demanding for me to be capable of doing.

As the french say; vive la différence. And if you think about it, if there wasn't a difference, what would be the attraction?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Outside of work, and a few other very rare times I do dress and live as a woman, so far there isn't anything that I can say that I miss.

I still do the man things anyway.
    I wear sunglasses at the beach.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I threw the phrase "man things" in there as it means different things to different people. For myself, other than the physical plumbing there is nothing "male" or "female" as far as I'm concerned. I do what I need to do to get things done. Society has it's own definition of what "male" and "female" is, I'm just myself and how I look is based on choice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yeah, there are things I'd miss .. like shaving my face, being an insensitive guy, having to shop for drab clothes in the men's department, trying to be a alpha male ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I would probably miss getting dress up to go out in 10 minutes. When you are a woman it can take a while!

Nope as I would be a tomboy and I believe women can do most things a man can do ( notice I said most ) but then I could do some things a man can't do I will leave the imagination to you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I agree with most of the people here - I can't think of anything important to me that I couldn't do presenting as a women full time. I like to walk for exercise and it's not like I'd be forced to do it in a skirt and heels. In many ways, life would be a lot simpler - maintaining a single wardrobe, not having to change back and forth all the time, and not worrying if I missed something.

Wendy

My existence is a balance of male and female. Sort of an androgynous CD's version of Yin and Yang. Never 100% female (Yin) or 100% male (Yang) at any given time, always a little of both. The dominant part depends on being dressed or in drab and the company present.

Not awfully complex, but one could not survive and thrive without the other.

Hugs, Robin