Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you miss it?

Yes, I would miss it. At some point I imagine many CDers think about or wonder about being 24/7 and or what it would be like to actually be a woman. I know I have. If say there was this choice from the powers that be, you have to dress only one way or another.... the knee jerk reaction would be (for me) to dress as a woman. But, that is likely because I do not dress frequently, or at least for long periods of time. For us who dress for an hour or so here and there, or maybe the once a week outing, those are fun, we get a euphoric feeling, or at least a far different sense of relaxation or excitement from it. Equating that feeling, sure. But that feeling would vanish quick once it became 24/7. So, say if it was THE choice and it had the ONLY implications, I would really have to think about it. And, that would only be IF society would be ok with it. No issues with family, friends, wife, kids. If it was THE choice and I would have to deal with the discomfort of others, the being stared or gawked at with frequency, then no thanks.

I would definitely miss some of the male bonding and certain feelings I do get when in a more masculine mode. Even though as many others have said, which is true, it is not a matter of what I would actually be doing. I could play golf as many women do. For me, when I play, I enjoy the bonding and camaraderie, the ego, the competitiveness, the trash talking goating etc etc. Same with playing poker. Women do play, but there are differences typically. I would miss that. I would miss being able to be up and ready in just a few minutes time. I would miss wearing formal suits to formal occasions. And they are still far simpler than formal women's wear.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I can't think of a thing I would miss. Always felt a little different and physically inferior to most males, since I have always been skinny. Always envied girls and women not only for their clothing, but also their freedom to show any and all emotions. This is just my view, but in general women seem to be able to enjoy life more than men. Again that is thru my eyes. Maybe it is because I have never felt comfortable being a man. Even after getting married and having two children, I just felt like I was doing it all for societies acceptance.
    If there is such a thing as reincarnation, and I am born with junk between my legs, I will strangle myself with my own umbilical chord lol.

Tina

Who doesnt love boots!
    I would definitely miss it. I loving both halves of me
    - Jessica

Yes I would miss it. The consensus here seems to be that anything to do with men is bad. I don't agree. There are good guys in the world just as there are evil women. Since I love wearing female clothes I know I have a better appreciation of them as a man.

To be honest I really don't think I would miss it. I LOVE my crossdressing and I really think I would be ok with it 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by SilkeeLegs View Post
    To be honest I really don't think I would miss it. I LOVE my crossdressing and I really think I would be ok with it 24/7
    For sure I'd miss it, but if I had to choose to be either male or female for the rest of my life, and no dressing, I'd stick with being male. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy dressing up, it satisfies me on multiple levels including just being able to relax (seemingly, more relaxed while dressed.) Thankfully, I don't have to stop dressing.

Banned Read only
    Yes! Getting dressed is a labor of love for me, I would not want to ever be a 24/7 girl. It would probably be a lot more labor intensive and the novelty would certainly wear off.
    Last edited by samanthasolo; 01-04-2014 at 04:56 AM.

My therapist asked me the same thing. I like wood working and always want to build a small rowing/sailboat. I worked in a boatyard when I was a teenager and really enjoyed. I told her I would have to give up my dream of building the boat if I transitioned; she said "Why!" and I didn't have a good answer.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7 and live as a woman or perhaps even go as far as transitioning. Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?
    No! Never!
    Lori

Banned Read only
    Absolutely not--I'd love to do everything as a full-time woman.

Of course I would miss it! As several others have stated here…being fem 24/7 could be very consuming. My dressing en femme is definitely a ying to a yang. I completely enjoy being a guy and would find many things difficult it I were dressed in my feminine garb (woodworking, gardening, cooking..etc.) But, when some 'down' time presents itself, I love to dress up and usually very feminine…skirts, heels, jewelry, perfume…etc.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    luckily all the things I love to do as a guy...women do too.... the sports i play...and music and art my other 2 passions.....not much difference in my male and female side....and watching football just means throw on some short shorts and a half shirt LOL.

would I miss being a man? I doubt it . I can think of very few things I do now that a woman couldnt do. so not doing "man things" would not be a big deal to me
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My two gendered selves are very different. I just spent the last 8 years figuring out how my two selves make up the whole. What I've been delighted to find is that I love and need both parts of me. I am not about to let anyone take either of those selves from me.

i miss nothing from my old life.

If so many CDs would prefer being female then why aren't you becoming who you'd prefer being?? Don't say job, family, or other social circumstances, You don't think every TS faces those very problems??

The reason why you are not transitioning is because you do not suffer from gender dysphoria or at least not to a degree where you have to do something about it. Being female isn't about what activities you would or could still do, its something you either are or you aren't.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 01-04-2014 at 08:49 AM.

As Kindell stated, The grand kids could be my only problem. I am transgender, but they live out of state so I rarely see them. They are both at or near adulthood, so will probably be accepting of my life choice. Other than that, EVERYTHING I do can and is done by the rest of us women, quite admirably too.

Bobbi

Well as I alluded to in another thread, I think of myself as a miss-assigned lipstick lesbian, and yes there is a "bull dike" inside as well... If I could I would fully transition in a heartbeat.... We all need to do dirty work from time to time. For those times when a dirty job needs done, as a GG would also do, just set aside the lipstick for an afternoon, and let butch do her thing.....
    That's why God gave us sports bras and pony tail holders!

Seems to me that even after transitioning, some folks have a lot of pent up anger to vent basically telling the rest of us: "I had the guts to do it and you didn't". I get that but to me the real challenge is being yourself regardless of situation or opportunity because in the end, we are the ones who really have to live with our choices no matter what they are.Cosmetic surgery only changes the physical part not the inside person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7... Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?
    "man things", ? Like standing to go to the latrine? Going into the men's locker room at the gym? Enjoying a glass of scotch and a fine cigar as you watch two beautiful strippers wash your Harley? Or perhaps going to the Doctor's office for an exam?

I am sure someone out there will say "Other than giving birth, what can a "man" do that I cannot?" That is an argument you'll never win so just give up. I knew deep down that I should have born a girl, just that I was given a boy's body. Hair and all. I feel that anything that I would do now as a "man" I would do as a girl just as well and have the same amount of fun.

I guess I wouldn't miss the hiding all the time.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    My answer is

"NOPE"

I realize being the way I am almost anything a guy can do a female can do. The more I think about it the more I notice the things that women have in common with me. I see many work construction, operate heavy equipment, play sports, hunt and fish. And most of them do it looking alot prettier than Ill ever be.
    Erica

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Robin, I like your take on this subject. I could live like that.

Gosh, somebody would still have to fix stuff. And, my wife not only cooks way better than I do but, her wardrobe looks more male or generic than mine. I would love to just carry on status-qou but with breast and butt/hip implants and wearing a nice tight corset. Yep, Carla's out in dreamland again!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Not at all. I can do most anything I do male as a woman and would enjoy it as much or more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Carla, I second your feeling about that corset. Just got my first one recently and I love it. Now I have (developing of course) feminine contours under male cloths. I just love the way it 'moves' stuff around to improve cleavage and present some hip curvature. Just an additional layer of androgyny I suppose but I dare not stray too far from the thread theme. Or else

Hugs, Robin

No. Not for a minute.

I concur with most here. Other than my son and wife there is nothing I would not miss. I so much prefer womens clothing to mens I feel like me when I wear them. I have always felt out of place in the male world. Besides there is very little [if anything] that a women cannot do that a man can. I hire out plumbing & electrical any ways.
    Hugs
    Valerie