Thread: Yep...I'm New and I love this site!! Question about nails?

Yep...I'm New and I love this site!! Question about nails?

I can honestly say I love this site. I have followed this site for years but finally decided to jump in and enjoy from a members perspective. I read a post from a member recently about wearing a french manicure all the time. Well that's me also....I love having my nails done at the salon and I'm always in drab. I don't pass very well but I'm quite effeminate (I finally just had to accept it...but I actually like being this way!! I am so girly!) I wear my nails always with french manicure about 1/4 inch long and would feel naked without my nails done. I have gotten used to the comments and questions and love the many compliments I get on my nails. I truly love looking at them all day...my question is this....does any one else wear their nails done on a full time basis? Just curious...

welcome sally. I like the french manicure look as well. I dont wear the nail full time.. well not yet anyhow.. I am sure there are quite a few ladies on here that do though.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I almost always have my nails done! It's a rare occasion, like Friday, when I do not have them done up. I had taken my old tips off Thursday night so I could change colors for this weekend and I ran out of time to get them redone. So I went into work on Friday with naked nails. One of my employees jokingly asked if I was feeling well because it was the first time he'd ever seen them bare!
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

I do not leave mine permanently done, it would cause too many comments for me..
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear gel nails and I wear a light color polish whenever I am unable to wear a pretty color; ie. in male mode.
    Hugs, Carole

I would if I could and I do love the French manicure, but it would be such a waste for me as my job would destroy them over and over. I'll just have to wait till I retire to have nice nails.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I keep my nails painted all the time, usually with pastel colors, nail art, etc. I try to keep them as long as I can, but they usually end up breaking on me I get some stares and some nice compliments but nobody has ever questioned me yet.

I wear pink and white acrylic overlays on my natural nails, which I've grown out to about 3/4" past the fingertips. I've been wearing them this way for about 16 years now. I get plenty of comments about them, almost all from women who are complimentary. A few day to day things are a little harder with long nails, but I've gotten quite used to them, and can do just about everything without damaging them now.

I don't wear colored polish on a daily basis, but they have a shiny gel topcoat at all times, and the white tips are quite bright, so it's about the same thing. I usually have them painted (I prefer dark reds mostly) when I have them filled every other Saturday, and for special events. I often wear some kind of nail art at the same time, depending on my mood.

I'm not sure this would all be practical if I had a more physically strenuous job or worked in a more conservative place -- but I've been able to pull it off so far and greatly enjoy my nails.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    Hi Sally & Welcome,

Glad you joined in; I've been here little more than a year and it has been a blast. My nails are always painted, but when I'm in drab mode, I do them in a clear sealer because my nails split very easily when I let them grow out. So, it's much easier for me to use acrylics; I use a base coat before the adhesive to as to protect the natural nail surfaces. When the acrylics are on, they are usually the color of the heels in your avatar. Red, red, red. . .always red.

Hey Sally, and welcome. i do not keep mine done as I'm not "out" other than to my wife, and it would certainly cause issues at my job. I doll them up on the weekends, though.

I dont usually get my fingernails done, although I love the look of my fingernails pink, and white with glitter, my current status and job wouldnt allow it. However I paint my toenails at least once a week, and they are always hot pink, silver, gold or white, very youthful girly colors to suit my style en femme. I have been leaving my toes painted for almost 3 months now without any awkward moments, but im sure that with summer weather and fashion coming back I will have to be careful about undesirable people seeing my feet.