Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an observation, a question, more questions...confusion

an observation, a question, more questions...confusion

i live in a small town. while eating in the local diner this morning, i noticed 6 other people in there. 3 men and 3 women. all were wearing brown work boots, bluejeans, sweatshirts and ball caps...no big deal right? so my questions are:

1- are the men dressed as women?

2- are the women dressed as men?

2a- if the women are dressed as men are they cd'ers?

3- is it even possible for a woman to be a cd'er?

not sure if it helps with you answer, but there was also 6 pick-up trucks in the parking lot.
    any takers??
    paula

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Oh dang-it you just made my life more difficult. Ugh
    Erica

When women dress like that, I feel like it's a waste. They could be wearing clothes that are so much sexier, and feminine, and with makeup.
    I guess it's because as a CDer I can't always dress like a woman, and when I do, I make the best of it.

Yahoo!!!!
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

Hope that helps....

Maybe that's the new black??
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Women generally dress for the situation. My guess is that they had either employment or other activities that required such attire. CDrs may be motivated by a number of things, four foremost is the desire to wear garments associated with the other gender. It's a cute bit of rhetoric to equate women in jeans and boots with men I skirts, but is simply invalid.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

makes sense that employment can be a factor...guess that explains why my waiter was wearing a skirt
    paula

Banned Read only
    Frankly, it sounds as if they were all part of a work crew and dressed appropriately. Not too long ago I saw a young very trim and athletic looking woman with a dynamite body and long blond hair. She was dressed in jeans and boots. She was driving a dump truck with trailer. How else should she had been attired? A woman, when she's hot, she's hot. It all comes down to what society says is appropriate. I know if the group were office workers, we'd all wish all were attired in dresses and heels! Right?

Jeans, boots, and pickup trucks in a small town diner? While it's entirely possible for women to be cd'ers (I know a couple), this just sounds like everyone was dressed for practicality. Now, if the women had penciled-on beards & mustaches, that could be a different story.

lol steph, i couldn't agree with you more!! if all 6 were office workers and all 6 wore dresses and heels, society would see that as acceptable...i gotcha now
    paula

I would not read too much into it, Paula. Women dress as needed, my wife even drives my pickup when she needs to. (I wear skirts more often than she does) I do agree, that if all six were in skirts, then at least three of them would be CD. That's the double standard, that society thrusts upon us. I live ten miles from town, I see this at the local diner here all the time.

Banned Read only
    Brown boots? Were they all light skinned? Could they have been Aryan? Maybe they were stormtrooper in disguise. Certainly the women must have been crossdressers. Or maybe they were just out for a casual breakfast and this is how they do casual.

I used to live for 3 years in central Minnesota right in the small farm town area. They are just probably regulars with other activities to do after breakfast. If they are friends, who needs to over dress for that? Look at the people there over the next month and let us know if the clothes change much. I would guess that they are all very comfortable in their own skins, dress for the locale (small town) and the venue (small time diner during the middle of winter with a very big cold front blowing around), whether they were going to work or not.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 01-05-2014 at 08:33 PM.

How sure are you that exactly three were men, and three were women? What told you that? Any chance that one or more were not exactly what they appeared to be?

- Diane

That's quite a riddle o.o
    I think either yes, yes, yes, and yes, or that it also depends on our perception of a gender role.

What makes dresses girly other than the fact that we grow up seeing girls wear them? If that's all there is to it, then when you think of a person in work boots, jeans and ball caps, do you think of a man or a woman? Depending on how you see it, all of our answers could be different.

If there's more to a gender role than society, then maybe we're getting into nature versus nurture. Is pink "girly" because we LEARN that it's girly, or do girls perhaps inherently prefer it deep down...?

It get's complicated, man. xP

Banned Read only
    Maybe they were the same six I saw at lunch today as I entered wearing my brown work boots, bluejeans, sweatshirt and ball cap. I had just been out feeding the horses, checking the chickens for eggs, feeding the steers, and the dog. Besides that it was a wet sloppy day while we wait for this big storm to arrive. Now, I know the three guys were guys because I kissed one, pretended to do a lap dance with the other two. As I rubbed up against them I could feel...... well you know. The 3 women were in fact women because I have seen them nude at the gym.
    Last edited by Jorja; 01-05-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Yahoo!!!!
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

Hope that helps....

Maybe that's the new black??
    Cheryl, it must be the diner we go to.
    Peace & love.....hope to see you again, sometime.

Gender roles in the workplace and also in the home (splitting household chores among couples each of whom work outside the home) have pretty well merged in the last 30 years or so. It's not surprising that some clothing styles have merged as well. Go on any campus and you'll see a universal, unisex clothing style: jeans, sneakers, and a Tshirt.

So no, no one you saw was crossdressing. You could still tell who was male and who was female, right? I mean, the women weren't gluing on facial hair and packing, were they?

And no, women do not crossdress, not like the male members in this forum. Other than perhaps early on during the experimental years, if a female wants to present as a male, she will tend to do this all the time because this is who she (or he) is. FtMs tend to mostly be transsexuals. They don't buy their blue jeans in women's stores and they do tend to have male haircuts.
    Reine

I guess the old double standard applies here. Men in jeans, flannel shirts, boots, and ball caps are pretty normal attire, especially for this time of the year. Women wearing the same thing as the men has pretty much been accepted as normal as well. However if the women were wearing skirts, sweaters, pantyhose and heels that would still be considered normal, but if the guys were wearing the same thing as the women, they would be the ones perceived as weirdos. I guess society will never change it's attitude about which clothes are for which gender.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Gone to live my life
    Okay here is one back to you:

If a man is a CDer but is dressed in a brown work boots, blue jeans, sweat shirt and a ball cap but has no make-up but insists he is still "en femme" is he a CDer or is he reflection of society's gender neutral approach to clothing.

Paula ,
    I have an answer for both you and Isha,

Um? Er! Maybe... I think so... Then again....
    What was the question......

Yes both good ones, but "Stop thinking about it and just do an "Isha"......

"Get on with it".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

YMMV
    Isha- he's gay right? either way let us know

Paula- I'm not sure women can crossdress... they certainly don't admit to it even when caught wearing someone else's clothes lol
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Too many thoughts went through my little head, just now. I better not touch this.

Bobbi

Paula - us old world folks envy everyone in the USofA for being able to wear jeans, ball caps and drive pickup trucks regardless of gender... I guess that's why the fashion world looks elsewhere for inspiration (that should get some comments )

Isha - another riddle... (sigh) to answer: Is he a CDer? Yes - he just has a very fertile imagination (I think, therefore I cd..)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Okay just because it is early . . . darn dogs need to go for a run and I am feeling quite facetious . . .

If a man dresses "en femme" full time but then decides to dress "en boy" is:

(1) she now cross dressing outside her normal gender presentation?

(2) she just a guy wearing guys clothes?

(3) she a guy pretending to be a girl deciding to wear guy clothes in order to blend with other guys?

Hugs

Isha

Simple answers for someone who doesn't want to walk the dogs. To early for any real thoughts on the matter. Isha, dress warm.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-06-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post above yours for that comment