Thread: My first outing(s) just a week or so ago

My first outing(s) just a week or so ago

I've been a long time crossdresser but never had the nerve to go out fully en femme until just recently. Many times I have gone out underdressed but just could not convince myself to go the whole way.

I was going to be alone at home for about a week and I summoned the nerve to at least be prepared to go out totally en femme. I purchased a wig, makeup, clip-on earrings and shoes (thank you Payless) and a skirt to add to my existing ensemble.

For my first step I chose to go out and buy some gas at a self serve station in the evening. I put on my makeup and wig and got dressed and just told myself to do it. I knew the station was never busy in the evenings and things went well. I was quite pleased.

The next day I chose to go a step further, actually thinking back it was a big step further. I got all made up and dressed and went to a grocery store late at night, bought an item and used the self serve check out. I walked past about a dozen people but nobody paid attention to me. I was fairly nervous but was able to look assured and calm.

The next step was two days later. I really needed to work up the nerve. I was going to one of the local malls. It is perhaps the least busy mall in the area but it would still have many people walking around.

I again got myself ready. I wore a nice white sheer blouse, white bra, panties, thigh highs, a black knee length skirt, a grey sweater and black flats. Lord I hate hiding the beard shadow. I thank those who have put tips up here for how to do it. It is so difficult and it is the part of me that would be the likely giveaway. Anyway I took the half hour drive to the mall. It was cold, very cold when I got out of the car. I was nervous but determined and just headed straight to the mall entrance.

I walked in and the entrance area had very few people. My destination was Kohl's at the other end of the mall. I walked somewhat confidently and slow looking in at the various shops. I purposefully avoided walking past men and kids which made my route a bit serpentine.

I then went in to Kohl's and in to the women's sections. Not a soul seemed to notice me, at least none that I noticed. I checked out the lingerie section which I found was a pretty safe area as kids and men don't like to go in that section. I flirted with purchasing something but could not get myself to do it and after about 35 minutes decided to head out.

I headed back towards where I entered and about half way there a young man, probably about twenty, obviously made me. He whispered in to his girlfriend's ear. She turned and looked at me but they just kept walking. That was a a bit of a relief.

I got back to my car and headed home satisfied, even though I was spotted, and happy that I had finally gone out en femme.

Emily

Well congrats on getting out there. Once you start, it's awfully hard to stop. Enjoy that new freedom.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Congrats on overcoming the fear you created !
    All seems very routine. Most people don't interfere in others business.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    So great Emily I keep working up my nerve as well to do likewise this is going to be the year I hope. Glad it went so well for you

Emily, you never know maybe that young man spotted you because he CD's and his gf knows.
    You never know.
    Great story and I wish I had your nerve.

Tina

I so love those outings, try chatting to the hot young SA.
    My favorite was in an elevator to the lookout in the sky tower, on 1/2 price family day, with about 24 bods ranging from 1 to 75, chatted to some lovely Americans off a cruise ship and tried to talk some kids in to standing on the glass floor.

If 1 guy spotted you, be sure 20 females spotted you but were okay with you enough to not make an issue(guys are not overly observant)
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 01-05-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Emily, it will not be long and the SA, at your favorite store, will be greeting you at the door.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    The best way to pass is to just go about your business. GG's do just that, shop. They are not concerned about what others think they are doing and neither should you. I've seen quite a few GG's that could be poster girls for HRT, whiskers and all. Have a great time out there.

congratulations! I have not gone out in public yet, mainly I am trying to build up my wardrobe, but from what I get from others that do go out on a regular basis it can be fun and exciting. Please share more of your adventures with us.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

Emily, congrats on getting out there. You certainly went from 0 to 60 pretty fast. Pretty soon you'll be shopping the sales and getting that last VS bra. And, we will want to hear all those stories! Keep them coming.

Getting out first time is hard, it is like ice cream get a taste of it and all you want is "more".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations on your first time out. I would love to do so myself but have to live with the reality that i know I would'nt be able to pass as a female unfortunately.

Aspiring Member
    Life is good!!! Congrats Emily!!!

The hardest part about those first outing is that fact that they make you want to go out more! Glad you enjoyed your time out hope you have many more days out and about as Emily.

Congrads Emilys. I Think I would enjoy going out emfemme, but haven't built up the nerve yet. I have been made up a number of time but can't seam to leave the door. My walk in heels is good, just need a bigger push, I guess.

Well done Emily - and thanks for sharing such a groundbreaking experience - you're obviously really happy and so you should be!
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

It's a great feeling jsnt it! Trouble is you realise you should have done it years ago. I did it twice this time last year and still trying to find the opportunity to go out again soon. It was soooo exhilarating
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

Hi Emily, good for you! There's really nothing to it. Just go and have fun.
    As I look back at my life, I don't really regret any of my decisions, but I do regret NOT doing a number of things that I could have. And certainly one of these is going out and spending more time en femme. My first trip out was at about age 30, and now I go out regularly-weekly if I can get the chance.
    Stephanie

Those were certainly some large steps for your first few outings. I still have yet to have the courage to ever make any sort of purchase. Not sure that I ever will... Maybe if I'm with a few other CD's, then I might consider it.

Banned Read only
    Gutsy, Emily. What you did in one week took me 10 years. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Don't worry about being "spotted;" there are lots of GG's out there that get taken for guys and vice-versa. None of us are perfect.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and support.

Emily

well done for getting out there!!

Glad you had a great time. For my first time out, it was the scariest thing I'd ever done, and the funnest thing I'd ever done. Enjoy yourself.

Wow, sure makes me think back. You progressed a lot faster than I did but the memories are still awfully fresh for me. My first tentative venture out was also to go get gas. That first step out the door was nearly a heart-stopper. It took me a few moths after that to get to my first shopping trip, also to Kohl's. You've got good taste!

Have fun and good luck on your next set of adventures!

-Bree