Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could, would you trade in all your CD experiences?

If you could, would you trade in all your CD experiences?

If there was a way to trade in all your CD experiences both the heartaches and the thrills for a life of normalcy (in other words a non CD`er) ...would you? I have thought about this quite a bit lately and even with the heartaches...I truly love this crazy life style. I wear a french manicure all the time and wear other girlie things too. I feel so alive and confident with my feminine qualities revealed in my nails and other girlie accessories. My vote is I would not trade.....would love to hear from any others. Thanks

That’s a very good question Sally. I know from lots of comments on this subject from other members over the years that some would get rid of their CD tendencies and some would not.
    Suzy is the best part of me and gives me the most pleasure. Without my feminine side life would be a bit dull and grey looking.

Not really Hon. I've had too many to go back now.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sally,
    As always - it depends on what you mean by normalcy or normality? I've had a pretty normal life up to now - usual relationships, families, tragedies, joys. With this as well I have something that is so unusual - special - not to say weird, even - that does something for me that nothing else does. I'm thinking that there is something very narcissistic, selfish and (counter-intuitively) voyeuristic about what we do... but who isn't selfish? Who doesn't need something so personal that they can be so excited by.
    It's cheaper than drugs (just!) - and I wouldn't do that anyway - I think this blends with normal nicely however far you want to take it.
    My vote's with you...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Sally,
    It's a good question and I did take a pause to think about it.
    I do wonder how my life would have been without it.
    I may be divorced now because I may be a testosterone charged redneck.

As I am not like that I suppose I am happy as I am.

The grass is "not" greener on the other side, no matter where you stand.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Not me , with all the ups and downs , I still wouldn't trade.

This normal to me, why would I even think of such a thing as not wanting to dress. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Throw in outstanding skating abilities and one hell of a slap shot.... I'd sign up in a heart beat...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not really - they have been positive growth experiences

Banned Read only
    I don't know any other lifestyle it started so early. If I had the right female partner I would never trade the rest could go and ******. Most men have some sort of hang up, this one will do for me.

definitely not.

No, I wouldn't trade. I love being this way - best of both worlds.

I've always been hesitant to answer "yes" to this question because I wouldn't want to do anything that would change my general nature. I like the person I am. However, I'd like to believe that I'm not the way I am only because of my gender leanings. So, if I could remain the same person, with this one exception, then "yes", I'd be willing to trade off.

Wendy

Yes, I would, most definitely. I am learning to accept myself for who and what I am, and I am even beginning to like this side of me too. But, life would still be much easier without it.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I would not give this up ever.

On one hand I feel like blaming CDing for many of my problems, but on the other hand CDing was the ultimate tool to overcome certain issues. I used it for good, to overcome shyness and for bad to hide from the world. Its really a hard question to answer because it has a role in who I am today. Would I be better off without it? ...I would be different. ...maybe I would be a drunk, maybe the richest person in the world... maybe bored.
    Chickie

My first thought was yes, but then I thought about it and No, I defiantly would not trade this life for anything. I can be as feminine as I want or as masculine as I need. I just wish I would have embraced it sooner. Everything worth enjoying comes at some cost. You just need to decide if it's worth the cost. For me it is!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Never. They have helped me to accept myself for who I am.

I wouldn't trade it. It's a hobby with it's ups and downs, but it's something special.
    Aside from the joys of crossdressing itself, being a crossdresser and looking at the female gender role has opened me up to the issues of gender inequality, too. It's driven me to look at society; the judgement, the inequality, all of it; and really think about it. It's been a part of my coming of age, and that's priceless

Banned Read only
    Nope; tried; didn't work. Life is way too short to throw away that which gives you the most comfort in the most difficult of times.

The question cannot be realistically answered without one living ones life over again. Although at times a burden, the dressing has been an asset...just took a while to realize that.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Our character and who we really are, is a sum of our traits, habits and experiences that we have lived. To remove one thing would make changes that may be greater than we may realise. Who is to say that things might have been worse without our CD experiences! Maybe that is where the expression of, "better the devil you know, than the one you don't" comes from.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Platinum Member
    I don't engage in such fruitless mind games.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

In one word , NO. I like wearing feminine attire. I just wish I would have started years earlier than I did.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

One cannot change a single thing about themselves without changing everything else. Even though I didn't actively CD for most of my life, that "special interest" has always been a part of me and has shaped my decisions. Having it "never happen" would also eliminate all of the relationships that I hold dear.

So... no, I wouldn't wish it. I might well have been a "normal" non-CDer who got hit by a truck at age 22 because he didn't pause to watch a girl walking along in a pretty leotard and wrap skirt.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]