Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your wife and the forum

My wife and I are DADT. She knows, does not approve, but allows me to dress. She caught me in pink panties the other day, she asked what I was wesring and I simply told her. She just turned around and walked away, but I could tell she was upset.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

My current wife knew I was transgendered before we went on our first date. She also knew that I tried to transition in 1989-92 and 1993-1996. She also knew that when I last aborted that I had gained so much weight that I didn't feel I could transition anymore. After a stroke and a second heart attack where my heart rate dropped to 30 bpm in the emergency room, she realized that I needed to transition if I wanted to stay alive. Since starting transition I have lost about 70 lbs, I'm eating healthier, and getting more exercise. My wife has lost over 100 lbs before her 8th hernia/abdominal surgery.

We now support each other in our relative transitions. She now weighs less than she has in about 30 years. We are still very happy as a couple, and she has even decided that she likes Debbie more than she likes Rex. She'll even point out when I'm going into "Rex Mode" (factoids, motor-mouth, being a clown).
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    "So, you're all guys and you like to dissect why you wear panties and ponder if it has deeper meaning. Whatever."
    I got almost the same line. Doesn't care... she actually said "meh."

Then again... she hates computers and technology. Electronic things tend to break when she uses them too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

I told my wife about the forum. She signed up right away. I hope she finds it as informative and insightful as I do.

When I came out to my wife, I told her about this site and that there were other spouses and wonderful people here she could reach out to to help her understand things, vent, learn... nope. She's not interested.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

I told my wife about a month after I joined this forum. She went through all of the expected emotions and took the time to weigh the new information I dumped on her. I know it was hard for her at first but now, several years later, none of it really made a difference. She knows me better than anyone has ever known me and understands that I am no different a person than the one she loved before she knew about this. I owe a lot to her strength and capacity to love.

My wife knows I'm a member here - I wouldn't keep it from her. She thinks it's great that there's a such a good community here that really is a support group. I mentioned to her one time that I wish this had existed when I was a kid, in torment because of my feelings - my wife agreed.

Banned Read only
    We are never going to understand women and from what I've read most wives don't want to understand us! Most of us are tearing ourselves apart to keep our relationships together, we must be one of the most faithful group of men, and yet one simple mistake and we live in fear of separation and divorce. I still can't get my head round why a woman finds it so hard to accept it, she still has a loving husband, great with the kids and when dressed the kindest caring person you could meet.

My wife has not been told about this web site but she is supportive of my cd. We have made plans to
    share a trip out of state where I can officially become Dawn 459. My wife supports my lingerie wearing along with a new years resolution to help me complete my fem wardrobe.

My girlfriend knows fully about me and the site I dont hide anything from misty she is amazing xxxx we plan to post pictures as soon as we can

My wife doesn't know about the forum. I would like her to read some of the posts, but she's a total technophobe and won't use the computer.

Nope. Has not helped at all. She is well aware I frequent this form quite often, and has admitted having stopped by to briefly browse it on occasion when I leave it open. Still, she's expressed no interest in participating and has expressed that she has not found anything that would make her feel better about our situation (i.e., my CDing) the few times she's been here.

I found this forum soon after I found out about my fiancé's CDing. Soooo glad I did and soon shared it with him/her. Michelle soon joined! Good support for her and lots insight and support for me!

We are both here and enjoy it!
    There are lot of GGs that are here to understand their hubby and boyfriends plus we have a private group to talk.

Correct me if I am wrong but from other posts it seems like you keep most of it hidden from her.
    ( from your wanting to crash your car cause you were upset, to not letting her know why the dark room means so much, and the taking-hiding your nieces skirt...on and on.....I got the impression you pretty much keep your wife in the dark)
    So how then would she understand?
    I do hope you would invite her here so she could maybe understand you....and have others to talk to.
    Last edited by Di; 01-07-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

:moderator note: Just a few housekeeping things here. There are privacy issues in allowing people to read over your shoulder. There are areas here meant for specific groups of people. I know that the main MtF area is open to anyone member/nonmember, but other sections are meant as safe areas for members...in other words you should not let you SO read those areas if they are not a member. Also, remember there is no account sharing so allowing your SO to surf or read here under your name is a no no. They can get their own account.

I also know that people are people and good relationships do share, just be nice about it kthnxbye
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My wife knows I am involved in some online things and I have suggested that she join so she can at least read some of the things shared by other wives as well as cds. She just doesn't have any interest in it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

My wife and I are members of the forum.

I keep waiting for my wife to catch me on the site or to ask me what I do for support around my crossdressing. She just started counseling, partially to help her accept the crossdressing part of me that developed a little over a year ago. I keep wondering if it would help or not to just tell her. I almost have told her many times that I have support that helps me feel good about myself. She hasn't had anyone else to talk to during this time, so I think her counseling will be helpful to her, and thus helpful for us. That may lead to naturally letting her know about the support I get here. I hope so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Absolutely!!!
    It helped me decide I really wanted the divorce to go through much quicker than it was.
    I had a profile here under a different name when I told my ex about my CD.
    I pointed her to this forum hoping it would help her understand that I was not some sick pervert just the same guy she married that happened to like to wear panties and occasionally play dress up.
    It had the opposite effect, she searched for every post by everyone with a name even close to mine, over 300 pages in total when she printed it out where I think I had maybe 20 posts.
    She continues to throw stuff in my face from that pile when she gets upset.

Best thing that ever happened to me was directing her to this forum. I just hope she doesn't figure out that I am Shelby as I am pretty sure that even though we have been divorced for over a year, she still trolls this forum looking for me.

Shelby

PS. your mileage may vary and items in the mirror are closer than they appear.

My experience was decidedly negative. I suggested my wife look at the forum, which she did - she even created her own ID and sought support from the FAB and Loved Ones forums... things were going well for a bit. After a bit, she started to take a more negative view on CDing and started searching out every post I had made and that had been made to me. Every word was scrutinized, each picture and response was another thorn for her. For a while, I lost this site as an outlet, as I defrended everyone, deleted all my flikr pictures and did my best to delete my profile.

More recently, we have come to a tentative DADT relationship - part of that agreement is that I may use the forums here as a support mechanism and she will no longer search out my activity, though I don't believe that has been working for her - it is just too much of a temptation to follow my posts and pictures (she shows up as a viewer on my profile often). It's not talked about anymore, but I'm sure it makes things for her more difficult than they would otherwise be.

Unless you are prepared to answer for every word you have ever posted here, I think solo membership is absolutely the way to go. It may be different for an open relationship, but if she is on the fence, chances are good she will end up on the other side of it.

Everybody's situation is different, and I can't claim that you will have the results I have. Best of luck to you whatever you choose.

-Kelly

Very happy for you.

If I tried to share this forum with my wife, as one entry said, it would not be "pretty."

This is my life. She has hers.

When the little one goes to college, we might share this side of me but not until then. It may help deal with that "empty nest" thing that I am facing soon. This site probably won't be a big deal by then but not now.

My wife does love fashion and cooking. We share those kind of t.v. reality shows all the time.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 01-17-2014 at 08:21 AM.

My SO holds no interest in reading the forum. We learn about this together as time goes by. She fully understands that no two girls have the same needs or desires and while she agrees there may be some useful information to be had here, if there is something she really wants to know, especially if it pertains to me personally, all she has to do is ask. If I don't have the answer we can look it up together and find the answer the same way. We also have a close couple who she could talk with too if she wanted to

As for the "accidentally" leaving this site open, for you girls that are in a DADT or even completely in the closet, it seems like a bad idea from the get go not to have your browser sign you out after you close the window. Even though my SO knows about everything I do on here, my browser signs me out of everything when I close it and is set not to record my browsing history. Not for her sake but you never know who may come along since it isn't password protected.

That being said, it could also be a violation of forum rules to leave it open to give her access to areas that SO's have no business being in. That invades our privacy.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Has had no effect.My wife know I am on the site a lot and I have even shared a post or two with her. But, she has no desire to join and pays no attention when I'm here.

she knows i belong to something on the web, gave her link to tri-ess so she could look up some kind of info and not see my posts as we just had our reveal and i was posting more in the main forum, dont know if she has looked,
    she hasnt shown any interest in learning about it from here or myself....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that