Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your wife and the forum

Banned Read only

Your wife and the forum

Has revealing to your wife that you belong to this forum helped in any way? I'm probably like most, I wouldn't say. The other possibility is she comes across it when you have forgotten to switch it off.

I can only respond from the opposite side of the spectrum. I am a GG and after coming on this site for a bit I showed my boyfriend my posts, the responses, and other posts I found interesting. It opened up communication in a new way and helped open us both to some new views.

For awhile I lurked on here just after coming out to my wife. It was her who said, why not sign up and be a member. She has seen this site, and has mixed emotions about it. There are parts of it, certain threads and just the general nature of it which can bother her a great deal. There is also the part where she sees how many of us are struggling to keep our marriages and relationships alive with real women. I don't know if it has actually helped, but I can't say that it has hurt it either.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I can't say that it has made any difference , she knows I go on here ( in the same room at the moment) she knows everything about me so it would not help in that way so she just leaves me to it as long as I am not on here to long lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I go on sitting beside my wife while she makes time on Facebook. She will ask me if there's any good posts on today and I will read a few to her and it has actually lead to some good discussions. I can't say it has helped but I have tried to get her to get on the GG part and visit instead of staying on her Facebook all the time. I guess I screwed up when I bought her the dang I-Pad it's so much easier for her to flick it on and play games, read and Facebook sometimes for hours.

I think that it has been very helpful. We're both active members here and sometimes reading each other's posts gives us an insight that we didn't get from our own conversations. Reading other TG's and GG's posts is often a starting point for conversations that are themselves helpful.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

At first she wasn't thrilled about me joining, but was ok with it. Now she sees that I'm not feeling so alone and stressed in the world. Often she will read some of the posts and I think this has helped her understand me better and has opened her up to accepting and even enjoying my CD life.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    My wife found the forum when I did not log off properly last week. I wasn't pretty. In all honesty I should have told her but I got so caught up in what was happening here that my judgement got cloudy. She'll never be happy about my dressing but I think she knows that I need the support I get as well as try to give. I'll see how this plays out. She just needs a little time. She thought the genie was in the bottle for good. We all know that is not a possibility.

Banned Read only
    Teresa, my wife doesn't know (as far as I know) and I don't know when and if I'll tell her. I'm in one of those difficult situations and it's just hard to let go of a lot of this stuff. It seems that each time I open up about anything different/knew that she's not aware of, even if it appears acceptable for a time, it makes matters worse.

I'm probably at a place now where anything she discovers or I tell her is of little surprise to her. While she is not understanding at all, she has done a lot of reading and I think she is trying. I sure hope so. So, we keep on struggling, occasionally talking, and always holding on to what we have together.

I haven't told her.... she really doesn't want to know.... having her here would so limit what I could say or do.... I'd quit and go somewhere else.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

She is cooking supper while I sit in the kitchen and peruse the site. Occasionally, I will show her a picture or she will ask about writing but mostly it is my entertainment.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    My wife knows that I am a part of a community of Cders who offers, help, provide support and acceptance. She has no particular interest in joining, and I do occasionally share a thought, or comment from this site. Maybe she doesn't join because she has no qualms about my dressing.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Gold Member
    My wife knew about the site, but never was on or looked at it unless i showed her something.
    She never liked the computer; She took classes at the Township Center, but refused to use it.
    Rader

It did but it didn't. She could be on here now with her own profile. I don't have a clue.
    she dose not want to here me talk about this site.
    she told me to go on here if its helps to get answers but she has no interest.
    But I don't have to worry about her finding it open.
    that is a plus.

I tried to get my wife to read the forum. She took that as a trick to get her to change her mind about her hatred of CDing. Led to talk of separation, which has not happened. So I would call that a not helpful ...

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    After the second reveal, my wife checked out this and other sites. She was softening somewhat until she found two pieces of trivia (my assessment) from our church which cemented her opposition. She doesn't want to know my name, she has cut ties with our 20 year marriage counselor and anyone else who knows who is not backing her up in opposition.

Therefore, this site can be a real asset; however, have some idea where she stands before yielding it to her. There are wonderful people here that can help her only if she has an accepting attitude.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I would love to introduce my wife to this site, but am not sure if it would help or cause more problems.

She has known about my crossdressing for almost ten years. She went from letting me wear nighties when we had sex to throwing them away, to allowing me to wearing panties every day, to a DADT relationship where I dress when she is not around, except for the panties which I wear every day. She stays out of certain drawers now, but has no issues with my shaving my entire body. So, she seems to have internal conflict with what she will accept and what she will not. I think she could learn A LOT from this site about how we think and what motivates us, but would be aghast at some of the behavior, like the desire to be seen in public as a woman, or be sexually adventurous when dressed.

My wife knows. She looked through it, found it boring. Says, "So, you're all guys and you like to dissect why you wear panties and ponder if it has deeper meaning. Whatever."

There was a thread or two that peaked her interest. in the end, she worried about her sharing a laptop with our kids and forgetting to erase her tracks and how much trouble that would be anyway. So, Candy Crush and Facebook rule her computer time. She doesn't care if I come here or not.

My wife knows I am on the site. She doesn't really care one way or the other. She knows I browse through it because she is sitting by me using her own laptop. I Have talked about some things on here. She has no interest of joining.

She doesn't care that I go here nor does she have any interest in this or any other Internet socializing other than Twitter and Facebook.

It hasn't helped in any way, she has been impressed by some of the make overs she has seen here and the off beat humor that flies around from time to time.
    Some of the deep seated arguments about those in transition strike a chord as we knew a couple some years ago that went through all the mood swings and other life changing traumas.

A similar reaction to Robin's wife really.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    I told my wife and then she decided to sign up. She hung out for a few months and had enough I suspect. It has been a few years now.

Wife is non-supportive. She gradually became aware of this site. She usually shouts loudly for me to get off the site when she comes into the room, but she checks my history every day. She knows I am on frequently. She has read a few sentences. She mainly sees the subject lines that I click on in my internet history.
    Perhaps it is a slight help to know there are thousands just like me--and that other couples struggle, also.

My wife and I read this forum together but I am the only member

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    My wife is not a member...but she encouraged me to join and participate. She does like going on my account when were bored in a resturant or something to look at the "before and after" section with me.
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.