Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What inspired you?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

What inspired you?

You know, those first primitive thoughts back in your adolescence, or not.

While going through puberty, with all of it's uncertainty, and bewilderment, I was obsessed with the female form. My brother's Playboy magazines certainly added to the obsession along with natural urges. And then, I just decided that instead of tortuously just desiring to experience access to what I was seeing, I would actually experience femininity by wearing the clothes and trying to experience being female. Oh my God. It was unbelievable. When my buddies would comment about some passing female I would quietly think, yea, been there, too much eye shadow. Female fashion was exceptionally interesting since male clothes were just blah. Then the 80's hit and glam was OK. Anymore, crossdressing was way more satisfying and enjoyable than the 'wine them, dine them, sneak up behind them' predatory, common male behaviour. Crossdressing has always been the comfortable, goto form of emotional comfort zone. You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself. ("Garden Party", Ricky Nelson)

So, what inspired you and how are you with it now?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

When I was in pre-school and first grade I would sometimes get a quick glimpse of the girls panties while on the playground. I was always jealous of the colorful panties they wore in contrast to my cotton white undies. At Christmastime I asked for pink, yellow and blue panties. I got them and it was the start of a wonderful time.
    jennigrace

It is still the same for me I remember whenever my sisters got a new dress shoes pants whatever I would look at them for a long time not understanding why I like them so much. Now while other guys maybe looking at a woman for her looks I pay more attention at the way she is dress. sometimes I have been embarrassed among friends because without giving it a second thought I've made a comment about how pretty some women's shoes are or a dress. I have also felt jealous, because I wish I could be wearing and looking as beautiful as alot of girls do.

Easy one, Carla - girls' legs. Gorgeous, long, fit, shapely, nylon-clad legs. The 70s was a great beginning for a schoolboy to feed his desires - shortish skirts, mostly; the development of tights/ pantyhose of every hue and texture; platform shoes, evolving to stilettos in the 80s... I have no idea why I wanted to emulate that, but short of getting to grips with the real thing, it was the next best thing to do. Go figure.
    And how am I with it now? Still love legs - just wish mine were longer and straighter
    Gotta go now - too much to think on...
    Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-08-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added answer for how now.
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I began long before puberty so it wasn't the erotic nature that began this journey.
    I did have that phase where it was a great turn-on to dress ... but over the years that faded and no longer is an issue.
    Today it's about being me. I think I've come full circle.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Looking back, I can see now that I was not among the more masculine of boys. Not totally girly either. There were probably subtle things that were going on with me, but I believe that not having a bonding with my mother, and no sisters delayed what likely would have happened sooner. I was 17 when I 1st experienced the feeling of wanting to be that girl instead of being with that girl. Actually, it was sorta both. I caught attention of a college age girl I was attracted to, then it hit. I wanted to be her. I was clearly shaken not stirred by this, and left. I blamed it on alcohol, as my 1st act of denial.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Not sure it was inspiration or fascination with the clothes themselves, as well as makeup.
    I was always shy around girls but their clothes was what I loved looking at. My sister was not a real fashion girl but I still wanted to try her clothes but she was always smaller than me so mostly all I could do was dream until one day it was moms panty drawer and well Im sure many here know how that went. I was hooked and really wanted to go further but was so scared to think why, what I mean so many feelings at that young age.

When I was in first or second grade, I had been picked to be Kermit the frog in the school play .The teacher gave me a paper bag and told me to go in the bathroom and try it on. When I did, it was a green sweater and green tights. I remember thinking these are for girls but it must be okay because this is what she said to do. The day of the play ,I was really liking wearing the tights . The crazy thing is when we came back to the classroom , I just put my pants over the tights and we went to lunch. When we got back, she asked me where they were and I just told her I still had them on. She paused for a second and then told me to give them back. Years later I just developed a love for pantyhose.

I have no idea where the inspiration came from. Curiosity, at first, and then it was, oohhh , I LIKE THIS !
    with no idea why, and didn't care.

Not sure what inspires a six year old to dress in his mother's clothes but I'm sure glad something did!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    My oldest sister. She was 15 when I was 5 and watching her as she grew into beautiful teenager with those incredible '50's dresses just made me want to be like her. I also wanted to be like Doris day, The Lennon Sisters and Theresa Brewer. I can hear all the youngins' saying, "WHO?"

I read what you wrote Carla..........I have similar begiings as you. The earliest memories I have goes back to when I was about four or five. I played with and tryed on my mothers bra. When i was about 6 I was looking in a Life Magazine and saw an advertisement for Maiden Form bras. I looked at that picture for what seemed like hours wondering if I would grow up to look like that. When I was about 12 I dressed fully for the first time. I've always wanted to emulate thoes gorgeous models in Playboy and in the ads.

I don't know what inspired me other than that.

My girlfriend said the only way she would join me at my school's Halloween pub was if I wore a little back dress and heels. She thought it would get her out of it, but it didn't
    and that's how Violet was born
    Last edited by Violet-13; 01-08-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My first inspiration came when I was 7, while a friend and I were playing around in my garage. Well I happened upon a little skirt with a stretch waist band. Immediately I wanted to try it on but my friend was there, so I came up with the idea we could take turns being the girl. So after I had it on for a bit, it was his turn. Well he had it on for about a minute then took it off and said he didn't want to do that anymore. For the life of me I can't remember what happened to that skirt after that. At about 10 I to this day don't know why, but I found myself in my parents room trying on moms girdles, bra's and stockings. I would take them out of her hamper as I thought that safer than her lingerie drawers. That went on a few times until one day mom came home early and I had to hide under her long hanging clothes on the closet til I had an opportunity to escape. Not sure if she saw me hiding or not. But never said a word. My teenage years, I was in awe of how the girls blossomed. Then marriage started a whole new obsession with women's clothes and luckily I fit into all my wife's clothes.

Tina

It's really hard to say, however going back to infancy, my mother thought she was expecting a baby girl, so all the clothes she bought were for a little girl. Well I guess I surprised her when this little boy was born. For many months she dressed me as a baby girl until I outgrew the clothes. Many times after that she had me try on some of her feminine things just checking to see the fit. When I was a little older and preparing for Halloween she always suggested that I dress as a young girl. She always had things that would fit me perfectly.
    By that time I was really enjoying the wonderful feeling of the lacy panties, bras and blouses, plus all the other feminine things she would dress me in. As I grew older I pushed that all aside for many years, and then suddenly the "Ping Fog" engulfed me -------That brought me to the place I'm in today!!!

I remember at an early age (6 or 7) trying on my grandma's panty hose and bra. Been hooked ever since. I always loved looking through the Sunday paper at all the ads for the lingerie sections. My mother caught me once. (I bet she thought I was looking at the women and not their beautiful underwear.) I also remember finding my uncle's stash of nudie magazines. My favorite one was the Playboy Lingerie issue. Oh man, talk about some sexy negligee!!

I always wonder what made me try on those things when I was younger. Not sure what even made me think to do it. I wonder if I'll ever know.

Back in the day there was a show I think was called what's my secert, and there was a crossdressing beauty queen from nyc , I said to myself that I wanted to do that, after that the pink fog rolled into the room and it's been there ever since,
    Last edited by trish lee; 01-08-2014 at 08:02 PM.

I totally agree with Katey888. I remember the early 70's and seeing my female cousins in platform shoes and pantyhose! Around puberty, I purloined some clothes, a slip and pantyhose, from a hamper and that was it! I'd find myself staying home from school and playing with makeup and clothes from mom's closet! Later when I had my first steady GF in high school I got to squeeze into her heels! Wow!

A mislabeled Xmas present when I was ten. It was a white dress that was meant for my stepsister. A couple nights later I nabbed it and tried it on in the middle of the night. I suppose essentially I began out of petty jealousy.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i remember being around 10 finding a cousins dance recital costume in my grandmothers guest bedroom...i was attracted to this costume because it was made of silk ...tried it on...then moved on to my grandmothers downstairs closet which was loaded with clothes from the 50's to the 80's.....then began making my own clothes "skirts" out of material i had found in her basement.She loved to make clothes. It wasnt till i was older though...like 26 ish that i decided to take it more seriously ....

I've told this story before but will tell it again for the benefit of the newer ones here. I always seemed to have the inclination of being a girl since as long as I can remember. Around age 10, however, I got my first real shot in the arm so to speak to pursue that dream. My Mom was looking for something in a closet and came upon an old girl's dress my Uncle had worn one Halloween when he was a kid to go trick or treating. I put it on and went running around the neighborhood and two neighborhood Moms proceeded to tell me in detail all I would need to look like a pretty girl. I was fascinated, transfixed and took it all in like a sponge. Thereafter, especially after reaching puberety I began dressing in my Mom's stuff whenever she was away and this started my lifetime CDing career path. Pretty much been doing it ever since and have honed it to perfection. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I was about eight I found a bra laying in the street.
    I took it home and tried it on.
    I was hooked, and so was the bra.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    My wife inspired me.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 01-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    somewhere at about the age of 4, I recall my fascination with women's high heels. I loved the look and wanted to see how they could walk in them. So when I was alone at home, (this was in the 50's when it was not so unusual to be left home alone at a young age, usually for short periods of time, then in elementary school, sick days) I would be up in my mother's closet. Well the heels were not hard to walk in, but something was missing, stockings,! Well of course they were the old full fashion nylons, they needed something to hold them up, I then discovered garterbelts. By this time I was in 2nd grade. Then the dresses, and makeup came by 3rd grade. By 4th grade I knew I was hooked !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I think that the desire has been there for a long time, maybe even born with it, but I was able to repress it for a long time. Around late 2007 the desire to CD just came out and this time I followed it. After that I would see a woman that was nicely dressed and think how I would love to look like that.