Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing Interest

Losing Interest

Has anyone ever been very interested in cross-dressing then after a while things become not so great? Just wondering. I am kind of in that stage now. But who know if it will change or not?

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kirsten,

I have not to date "lost interest" but I know there are many girls who have only to return. I am sure some will provide you with some insight soon.

Hugs

Isha

you will be back sometimes you need to leave it alone for awhile then come i did because i had a family to raise now they are all grown up ,im retired and loving dressing again

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    That's an easy one......just about every CD has lost interest from time to time. Lack of opportunity to dress, weight gain, illness; and such will on occasion allow the "Pink Fog" to lift. But if I were a betting girl, I'd put money on the "Pink Fog" returning with a vengence.
    Last edited by Madilyn A.; 01-11-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: error, spelling
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I dressed a lot from childhood well into adulthood. After a failed marriage (that went over the edge because of my CDing), I gave up CDing in order to be a better husband to my second wife (now deceased). Although I ceased the activity, the interest remained, but I was okay with not acting it out. And now that I'm much older, I don't think I could dress up successfully to achieve the kind of sexual thrill that CDing used to mean for me. So at the moment I'm not doing it. But ... I'm here ... and glad to find some fellowship (er ... girlship?) with the people here.

I have actually gone through that a couple times over the years......It will return......and like someone Madilyn said....with a vengance. Crossdressing is very progressive

It is a lifetime thing for me. I can stop doing it for a while, but the interest is always there, and always will be.

Claire x

I've had several episodes where I became less enamored about dressing and, of course, purged many times. Each time I had the desire return more strongly than before.

I am at the moment coming back to dressing with a vengeance. I have never fully dressed before the last month. I am trying make up and have even posted a full photo, where you can sort of see my face. I have ordered a new wig and would like to go out dressed. Before last May (when I joined this site) I probably went 10 years without dressing.
    So yes I also lost interest but as others have said I came back wanting more. I am now settled with the fact that I am not going to change and dressing is a part of me. Being on this site has helped, knowing I am not the only one that does this.

Jilly

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    While my fem persona shares my male body, with my male persona, the desire to dress is not as strong as some other ladies here. It doesn't mean I feel any less of either sex. It just means, I don't feel like dressing everyday. I can easily not get the urge to dress for months on end. But then, all of sudden, that desire to be enfemme arrives; Rebecca with her typical persistence keeps knocking till I answer.

That might last, at most, a week or two. Then it's back to living as a guy again.

This may not fit into someone elses perspective but I'm not them and their not me
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 01-11-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

I've been dressing since I was 18, and only during the busy times of graduation I didn't dress. But never lost interest... and while anything is possible, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm loving this way too much!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

My interest and need to dress seems to wax and wane.

In that one city next to those other cities.
    Over the summer I stopped for about a mouth or two and I thought It was over with too! So I know how your feeling.

For me, the dressing is partly an escape from the stark male social world. But, when my male self is badly needed for hard physical work, and some other things, I choose to not dress for a while. Occasions and duty, and circumstances sometimes dictate being only in guy mode. Like Kate Simmons, I am learn to accept and enjoy both modes, and do it because i want to, not because am compelled to. Self mastery is a lifetime quest. I am not there yet.

I lost interest once... for 10 years... come to find out it was a result off a brain tumor.... Once I started treatment it all came back.... with a vengeance! Been almost 10 years to the month....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes, it comes and goes with me over 5 year cycles usually. Generally I want to do it when my hair is short and I wish I could use my natural hair
    but when I grow it long again ( like now ) all I can think about is cutting it short and looking good in a tie.

I just lost interest over the holidays. I think a combination of family, no time and maybe a bit of guilt caused me to say...hey... take a break and "be normal". I know.. that last is going to get me blasted, but so be it. I'm Jenny in my time and nobody knows, so when it's time for all the family to get together, I get the guilts. In my world, I am normal. I stopped dressing during the holidays due to the family, but I also put on around 7 lbs. and felt fat and icky. Weight is so irrelevent and silly and we shouldn't let that define our feminine side..... I know... but it still bothered me though.
    For what it's worth.... don't ever purge again. The need will come back and you'll just feel like a dope for wasting money. Keep your goods. You'll want them back again someday!

Jenny

Banned Read only
    Tired of fishing, go golfing; tired of golfing, go biking; tired of biking, go mountain climbing; tired. . .do something else. You'll come back to the things you are passionate about. If dressing is one of them, not to worry, the disinterest won't last long.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Kirsten, I can only say this, from my own experience... once you've CD'ed and enjoyed doing it, you'll need to do it for the rest of your life... whether it be once in a while, or every day you get the opportunity.

I think once you've tasted the forbidden fruit, there's no turning back...

Never lost interest and the older I get the more intense the desire is.

I lost interest years ago and came back to it recently. It's like a lot of other things in life. You do it for a while, move on to something else, then come back and do it again. Just like the saying, "man cannot live by bread alone" most people have a lot of different interests. We have needs and desires. Once the need is satisfied, we move on to different things. The need eventually comes back. I have yet to figure out what specific need is being met by crossdressing and I suspect that the desire will diminish again. I just don't know when, how much, and for how long. One thing is certain. The desire will come back again. It always does. Part of my journey involves coming to terms with this cycle. I'm okay with it. I just need to recognize when the desire waxes and wanes so I can act appropriately. This means communicating with my wife so that I don't blindside her with anything. It's a rollercoaster for me and doubly so for her because she cannot see it coming. This also means NO PURGING. Accept it for what it is and enjoy it while it's here.

I lost interest in golfing. My co-workers are mad about golf. We spent many times on the fairway, and I hate it after the sixth hole. Does this make me a bad person? NO.

Unless your life revolves around CDing, your interest will wax and wane. I have many interests and they come and go, but I never fully give them up. I haven't done any real woodworking for a couple years, but I still have the tools for when I want to. It took me over two years to read a 10 volume set of books. I pursue my interests because I find them rewarding, when they don't feel so rewarding, I do something else. Any number of things can cause me to lose interest in something for a while, but it doesn't mean I have to quit altogether and start from scratch.

I've been through stages where I have no desire to fully dress up en femme, but I still underdress with a bra and panties, just because I like the way they make me feel. Now, when I get the opportunity to fully dress, I get really excited. Anticipation of such an opportunity can be nearly as much fun ...... just thinking about those feminine feelings!

Interest comes and goes. If I get really into my work, I lose interest in a lot of things (including crossdressing). When that calms down, my hobbies come back. I think it's pretty normal.