Thread: travel how far.

travel how far.

how far have you traveled to go to a CD event? How far to go somewhere just in femme not for any special reason?
    Last edited by Daphne Renee; 01-14-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

About 300 miles on average.
    Once, LA to Chicago, just a little more than that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

3,715 miles flying/driving combined.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Banned Read only
    Farthest I have been was to go clubbing in Denver with friends. Wasn't to any particular event, but it sure was fun! About 250 miles round trip

I live on the east coast of Australia and have travelled to Las Vegas for the Divas Las Vegas event (and will be doing so again this year). I don't know how far that is in miles but it is a long way

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    there are a few out of state events coming up I am interested in attending....I guess its a matter of how LARGE the event is you are traveling to If is a big event I think its worth the travel no matter where it is.

Silver Member
    About 4 hours - several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess29 View Post
    I live on the east coast of Australia and have travelled to Las Vegas...I don't know how far that is in miles but it is a long way
    About 7500mi or 12,000km , which makes you the distance champ so far!

I'm a piker by comparison, driving 70 or 80 miles to an event or shopping expedition.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I've never been to a CD event, but I once drove over 1 100 km in a day to visit a CD store in Toronto

I've never been to a crossdressing event, and I can't drive, but I might Crossplay- go to a Anime/video game convention dressed as a character who is of the opposite sex. In my case, I'd like to sport MGS3's The Boss in her white sneaking suit, such a cool suit.
    I'm a furry, and proud of it!

"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake... farewell..." — Gray Fox, Metal Gear Solid

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own. " --Big Boss, Metal Gear Solid 4

Drove all over New England on vacation a few years ago. My wife and I did a "girls only" vacation for a week and it was great.
    I suppose we did about 800 miles total.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    150 miles... Portland to an all TG review. Same for dressing, we have nothing locally.

4 hours drive to a cosplay event
    dressed as sailor moon!

I regularly go to events in Chicago and Indianapolis, each about 125 miles from here. I haven't had a reason to go farther yet, but wouldn't hesitate.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    From LA to Atlanta for the SCC. 4 separate times so far!

See u at DLV, Princess?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I regularly drive an hour just to get out of the corn fields to a real town. About twice a year, I head on into the Great Lakes region for a CD event takes about 9 hours to get there. Yea, drive en fem both ways and while there... had a blast...

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by Princess29 View Post
    I live on the east coast of Australia and have travelled to Las Vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    About 7500mi or 12,000km , which makes you the distance champ so far!

I'm a piker by comparison, driving 70 or 80 miles to an event or shopping expedition.

OK technically she didn't come to Denver for a TG event, but I did meet her here...so add 700 more miles
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

some of you have gone much further than I would have ever thought. I am thinking of going to the Keystone conference. It would be about a 9 hour drive just to get there.. would it be worth it?
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987