Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do we desire to go out in public?

I think we just want to go out and have the world see us and accept us for who we want to be. This was something that my therapist wanted to talk about at our next meeting, my desire to go out, and not feel scared.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

Very well put Kendra. Your words exactly mirror my feelings on the subject.

Enjoy who you are. Life is short.

BTW, that red hair works for you. Is it natural?

This something I have thought about a fair bit, not that I have the answers I guess it is different for everyone, but I must admit that I love going out in public and being treated in a different way to that of a man, not that I am a woman, I am well aware of my ability to not pass, but be it to extract my money or be it by obligation I love being given a glimpse of what it is like to be treated as a woman and to enjoy the inner pleasure of buying a dress that fits and looks good, or having my make up done to create a new look...I believe that often shop assitants dont mind us because we are a bit of interest in an otherwise repetitive day and maybe we create a slightly different challenge that is an interest for them.

Of course the other side of our more feminine personalities mean that we like a bit of drama and to be centre of attention...hmm well maybe that just me lol...!!

Thanks MeDeanna: It was my natural color back when I had hair