Thread: pull on verses zippered

pull on verses zippered

I have found that i have a completely different feeling of 'completeness' if i am wearing a zippered dress as opposed to a pull on. Its almost like i am trapped by my fem self and can't return if i am wearing a zippered dress.
    i want to do more when i am zipped up!
    is this just me or is this something others have discovered?

I guess it would depend on the "ease" of escape if time was a factor.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You are "committed" in a fitted dress! Sort of a fun, fetishy thought! Fun to feel committed with no escape...so present your best!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I haven't really thought about it that much but I do understand where you are coming from. I do know that most pull on dresses have more give in the fabric so it can be put on while zippered dresses only have so much give depending on the fabric being used. I have two dresses from White House Black Market, one is the Strapless Instantly Slimming Dress which is made from polyester and spandex and the other is a strapless cotton dress. The Instantly Slimming one has more give then the cotton one. There is another type of dress that can make you feel trapped in your fem self. I like to call them wedding dresses (I confess, I love wearing them and how they bring out the most of my femininity) because they have corset lacing though some do have zippers, I like the corset style better because they can be tightened to give off a slight feminine waist but that's just my two cents

I lean toward zippered because they are are more form fitting most of the time. What I really like and have trouble finding are side zip or back zip jeans, mainly back zip they really say fem. Do they make them any more in womens size?

Silver Member
    I once had on a zippered top when my roommate came home. Normally I could take it off without much effort. As he was pounding on the locked door the harder it was to get out of it.

One of my favorite dresses was a black sheath with a beaded cowl neck. I have always liked constructed fashion items. Most of the clothes today are much more casual and slip on.

The feeling really comes home when the zipper sticks and the wife just came through the door.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know the feeling. I have a dress that I can't zip myself, so I need my wife to help me get into it - which means I need her to get out of it too. It is sort of a trapped feeling. I remember once I asked her to unzip me and she said "No you can stay in it for a while longer."
    Stephanie

I understand what you mean,but for me even a zippered dress has to pulled over my head. I simply can't reach back to do a zipper.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Count me in on zippers. I pretty much don't have anything in my wardrobe that is "pull on". This is particularly true with my skirts. I'm just a back zip kind of a girl.

There's a lot to be said for a well-tailored, well-fitting, smart dress... yes, I'd agree. If one is flexible enough to be able to get that zipper all the way up (or down!) on ones own (I am - just!) then it's so much safer... I think it's probably a bit more flattering as it tends to hold everything in more
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I agree that many of the zippered dresses create a snugger, form fit. However, the location and ease of operation of the zip can cause some in and out problems. Especially critical if time is a factor Being quite modest in wardrobe, I have not added any of these lovelies to the closet, yet.

Presently, my dresses are all pull over but several are made of a slinky elasticized fabric that is still form fitting. Add an elastic belt or waist band and the hem becomes adjustable in length also. Adds versatility to a meager selection of dresses I guess. Still, can't beat a plunging neckline top and miniskirt

Hugs, Robin

Love the feeling of a zippered dress. I also like the zip in back slacks. Very feminine. I have found most of mine at the thrift store but I have a pair I bought at Dressbarn.

I believe all of my skirts are zippers. So much more tailored.

I like the zippered as well. My mother had some older cloths she use to wear back in the 60's and one was a pink dress with a zipper up the back. At my young age I fit in it very snug and it felt good. I could not get the zipper up the back so I put a paperclip through the zipper handle and tied a string to it. I pulled it up my back and then realized it was a bit vulnerable not being able to get it off quickly. About that time I heard my mom coming and I beat feat into bed and under the blanket. She asked a question and wondered why I was in bed this early in the evening. I told her I felt fine and was just going to take a nap for a bit. She left and wave of relief came over me. I tried to pull the zipper back down and the string broke. I tried to pull it over my head but it was just too tight. I retied the string and was getting worried it was a bit tight. It finally came down, but there was a bit of anxiety that accompanied zipping up any dresses from that day forward, and I can't say it is a bad thing.

Sample image of dress I was stuck in for a short while until I managed to get the zipper down. Instead of a collar mine had a very small opening at the top but was very form fitted onto the upper torso.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_430xN.169411536.jpg

I have both, but there definitely seems something more feminine and fin about the zip up the back or side. Perhaps it is because those dresses are typically a little more formal? sometimes though, I just prefer lounging in my pull-over cowel-neck dress. It's a bit less... strict.

Banned Read only
    I think it is just a very foreign feeling for men to have a zipper in back as opposed to pulling something over our heads. Other than my wetsuit, zippers are in front. Zipping up a dress is very different and somehow makes it more feminine.

For me, zippered dresses are my favourite.

While a pull on bodycon dress hugs and shapes, sometimes, it's just like putting on a t-shirt. Contrast this with the iconic image of every glamourous film star asking to be zipped up, and there is no comparison.

Another reason for me preferring zips is down to the dresses I loved to try on when I was a young teen. My sister had a few zipped dresses that I was drawn to, especially her burgundy coloured bridesmaid dress. It was tight, fitted, with a built in corset. The feeling of being squeezed into this dress as I did up the back zip is one of the things that I enjoyed the most.

So zips. Every time!
    Everything is better in heels

Tvchix.com/profiles/Jilly1974

I too like back zip dresses and skirts....I like how the dress fits me when zipped up; nothing more feminine than a back zip dress. I like my skirts back zip also, because elastic pull up skirts don't stay in place for me and they won't allow tucking in a blouse as well as a fitted back zip skirt does.

Jamie

For me it's a matter of who is pulling up the zip. There is something incredibly satisfying about having a partner or other GG zip up a dress for you. The same also goes for doing up a bra! Otherwise, I don't really care -- the look is more important than the way the dress is structured. Also with the fashion for exposed zips there is a tendency for more dresses to have zips.
    Love Veronica

You can view my photos on

www.flickr.com/photos/evahopeful

I use and like both, but feel more sexy in zippered dress or skirt than when I'm wearing a pull on dress or skirt.