Thread: Strap visibility

Strap visibility

Hey - just wondering what everybody thinks about strap visibility...

Here is my situation:

I am very out at home - to the point where my 16 year old daughter will do my eye makeup for me. I'm not so out at work though and don't really want to be. I do wear undergarments on a daily basis though and I wonder if other people notice straps if I am wearing a cami/half cami/sports bra. To me they are very visible. What do you think? do they see them?

I remember facing the same thing before I opened up about my situation. I think a lot of times with a wider strap it just looks like a "wife beater" style tank top under your shirt. as long as your shirts aren't to tight or thin I don't really think anyone ever notices. Strap adjusters are the one exception to that, they will show through almost anything!

I had the same worry. But I have been wearing camis and tanks under my shirts for over a year and no one has noticed. I stick to tank tops on gym days. Not even a second glance to date. I say go for it.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."

I seasonally wear a bra at work. I am usually outside a lot in winter, so I have a hoodie or jacket on. Once in a while in warmer weather, with a thicker shirt, I'll wear a bra that conforms to my body. As far as a strap showing, I notice if my bra isn't fitting right long before a strap could show I've never had an incident, and it's been years.

It's hard to tell without pics, it's hard to tell. If you can see it, I'm sure others can to. If getting caught is a concern, better not do it. I get the feeling though, on a sub conscious level you want to be caught? I don't blame you, hiding sucks!

StephanieCD21 - hahaha I am going for it/went for it (as we speak).... just wondering what everybody else thought. I've worn girls jeans / tops / boots - my ears pierced -- i have long hair - i wear clear polish etc to work as well

Seeing a strap is so particular. I don't think most people even look at others around them really, faces.. then maybe a once over then move on. A strap would have to stand out as something strange and out of context. Girls wear colorful bras under tanks or light clothing so people will see the straps, but when wearing matching skin color bras or clothing colored bras, someone would have to really pay attention to you to even see the straps. I don't think most people look at others that hard so you can definitely get away with it.

Gold Member
    Even if you get the same size, many bras and camis have buckles. Yes, you can wear loose and dark clothing to help hide it which may help against casual glances but not necessarily someone right next to you. There have been many stories here about getting busted by sight on someone laying a hand on a back or shoulder. The moral of the story, enjoy life and do what you want, but don't wear these items unless you are prepared to be caught as there are no guarantees.

I have been wearing bras to work for the past coulple of weeks. I usually will wear a couple of layers to hide the straps. Helps that I also wear a lab coat (dark color). I always look in the mirror at home before I go.

isn't it logical if you are worried about getting caught to just NOT do it? Seems like the way out for me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I go to work to earn money so as I can go out to parties having fun and flaunting it.

I do not mix the two in my dressing.

I'm too lovable and get cuddles from girls all the time.

Kisses too sometimes.

If I wore my lovable bra to work I may not get any more cuddles.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by pink.switch.love View Post
    I wonder if other people notice straps if I am wearing a cami/half cami/sports bra. To me they are very visible. What do you think? do they see them?

Yes someone does / will, no doubt at all. If you wear a bra people will know it eventually.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?