Thread: What re-ignited the spark?

What re-ignited the spark?

For whatever reason, a few years back, my CDing had slowed down quite a bit. I didn't feel like I was denying myself, or missing anything. But I'd say a good six months had passed.

But I was watching a Little Britain DVD, and it got me thinking.

"A man in women's swimwear! That looks fun, why haven't I done that for so long?"

So out comes the big Tupperware bin, and next thing I know my bed is covered in bikinis and one-pieces!

And I re-discovered the wonderful world of women's apparel.

Anyone else had this kind of moment? What re-ignited your spark?

Gold Member
    Well when I was working, dressing took a back seat, Now that I am retired, well the
    flood gates are wide open.
    Rader

Darned if I know Colette. The purge is another thing I don't have an answer for ,other than it's expensive.

I gained a bunch of weight after drinking too much beer and becoming less active. I gave up on looking like a woman. No matter how hard I tried, I really just looked like a little, fat old man. Plus, all my favorite stuff no longer fit.

All of that has changed after losing a bunch of weight recently.

Banned Read only
    Right there is the culprit, Britain! You got to watch thoes bloody Brits, they will sneak up on you every time.

I had gone for maybe 10 years with only occasional thoughts. Then I was prescribed a particular medication and BAM! I thought it couldn't be possible, but I did a google search for similar side effects, and I found this:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-crossdressing

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I was in the closet for almost seven years. To try and keep my head on straight I started following the Femulate.org site with all of Stana's adventures being reported on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. After a while I just could not stand it because I knew that I could do some of those things as well. Actually I used to do some of them with Stana when she was Stacy in the late nineties. So here I am again out an about. Do yourselves a favor and check out her site. She is a voice for all of us and doing it mostly on her own.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    The "Spark" for me never left........I just wanted to REALLY make sure this is what I wanted in my life....so my last purge I dove into manhood....gave it my best shot, but the feelings never left....no matter how many times I watched Gladiator...or 300 ..lol...i still found myself admiring the queen ...I wanted to be 100% sure....because at my age its either time to get married...or be single for the rest of your life....and I think I made the right choice.
    I dont have to hide anything...I can be me...and I will never be truly alone .

The wife (fiancé at the time) put one of her shoes and my foot and it fit! It all came rushing back in one instant.

Banned Read only
    Jorja there's usually one lurking round the next rack of dresses !

Colette my CDing started with an accident in a swimsuit at 10 years old and it never went away!
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-19-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Right there is the culprit, Britain! You got to watch thoes bloody Brits, they will sneak up on you every time.
    You want to come outside and say that Jorja? Suzy will whack you with her handbag!

For me it was being forced to give up dressing by my job and my failing marriage.
    When I got free of her and changed my job the flood gates opened and I went from sneaking off to wear some little item to full blown dressing and even realizing that I was transgender!

I have gone for periods of several years with out CDing. In the last couple of years it has been a regular thing. I am not sure what re-ignited the spark, but I have more opportunity now than ever as I work from home one day a week. You know what they say, when the cat's away.........

As for us Brits we have just as many CD TG per head of population and as a result of our smaller land mass we are never more than 70 miles from one of our shores so we don't have to go so far to find another like minded soul
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

I can blame testosterone.

A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with a medical condition that knocked my testosterone down to below normal levels. I was prescribed testosterone gel, and shortly after, the desire for crossdressing came back like a tsunami. For over 15 years I had no desire for crossdressing, now I think about it daily.

Banned Read only
    Michelle that's very interesting my testosterone kicked in very early and hasn't dropped off yet and CDing is on my mind every day.

Colette,
    I never had a re ignition of the spark, the fire never went out.
    On a side note I like the idea of a Tupperware bin as opposed to a plastic bag for long term storage.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Major recent life stressors where God had led me to a peaceful outlet to remain sane. Also, I get testosterone injections twice per month & my new libido has only increased my wants & desires to dress. The older that I have become , the more natural cding has become. Ladies , let's admit it, cding is natural , is needed & should be lived. Peace, melissa

I count myself very fortunate that my SO is supportive enough that we now have TWO bins stuffed with "oversized ladies apparel." :-)

Plus it's like having a second night stand in the bedroom. I've only come out to one of two friends, and I joked that I probably own more swimwear than most of my female friends combined.

I crossdressed up until about 14 years old when I outgrew my Mums clothes. Never did it again until 3 years ago at age 46 when my Dad died.
    I'd thought about it at times and I've always worn my hair long and feminine but his death just said to me that perhaps I've not got too long either.

It was re-ignited this past year when I moved out of my parents' house and into my own house!

I dont think re igniting is true for me. I think its an addiction, a bit like a mother taking heroin when pregnant and her baby has a heroin addiction from birth. I was addicted to xdressing from a very early age (I dont think my mum was a xdresser though) and like any addiction daily life plays a big part. Take a smoker for instance, they smoke more in stressful circumstances. Drug addicts go through periods of withdrawal, but when it comes down to it no matter what the addiction you are never cured. If your an alcoholic then your an alcoholic for life. CDing isnt a lifestyle choice (not one i would choose anyway) its an addiction that can be denied but never cured. It affects different people different ways and the older you get the harder it is to control. In the early days it may just be sexual but you may grow out of that and find yourself doinbg it for other resason but one thing is for sure you will always find a reason. Unfortunately like any addiction the addicted person is selfish, and families are put second to the addiction.
    Re igniting the passion is just a recurrance of the addiction nothing more.You just fell off the bandwagon again and you cannot be denied....Ellie