Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and the loner.

Crossdressing and the loner.

First a definition of a ‘loner’ [Not to be confused with lonely!]

The Loner is a quiet creature. It has no one natural habitat, but is found usually on its own in a quiet place. The Loner is a solitary creature; the human counterpart to the Lone Wolf. Loners are subtle and charming, however they usually tend to be single simply because being a Loner mostly means that one does not have to care for another person. The Loner is rarely seen with more than 3 people at any one time unless at a concert, dance, or other social gathering. Loners are usually very kind, as what small amounts of contact they have with others means a lot to them. The Loner doesn't need other people to define their existence. Loners don't need to rely on others, and as a result are completely self-sufficient. Loners can be one's lifelong friend, voice of reason, and an all-around great person if someone takes the few seconds and tries to be worthy of a Loner's precious time. Loners usually have a smile on there face. Loners usually have a stress free life. And loners are for the most part mentally strong people.

So do CD\TG girls like me have the best of all lives?

Food for thought perhaps.

A happy Suzy mulling over her breakfast this lovely sunny morning.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Oh yes, Suzy, I'm a card carrying member. The thing is that with me I also love entertaining, and flirting, and learning about others. I find just about everyone really fascinating. Maybe it's just getting old, or getting over myself, or even growing up a little, but I really enjoy people in addition to really enjoying my alone time. For me, it's a balance.

Platinum Member
    I can appreciate solitude, but I'm not a loner by any means. I really do need those people at the core of my life...wide, children and extended family.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You are either built this way or you are not kim. Simple as that. You can't become a loner.
    I too have a family that I love. But I can and do go for days sometimes without seeing anybody other than the people around me in shops and such.

I love people, I just don't need them if that makes sense?
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-19-2014 at 10:15 AM.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Suzy, Such deep thought ! All I can say is I would love to be "built" like you !! How was your breakfast ?.......Hugs Maddy
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

porridge made with milk. And thanks for asking my friend. And the rest of my day all to myself..............heaven.

I'm very much like what you described..Some think I'm lonely...they couldn't be more wrong..My true friends know how I work..I have quite a few..I know I'm appreciated by them..
    C

I would have to say that I am a loner also even though I am happily married with 2 daughters and a grand daughter.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I too am a loner always have been.
    My friends I pick very carefully as well. I don't have to talk with friends everyday or even have contact with people in general to be happy.
    There can be days on end where I don't I don't utter a word because no one around to talk to.
    I like being alone most of the time.

I think its an issue of the label, and what it means to each of us. I don't think of myself as being a loner, and certainly not lonely. I look at my life as being independent. I think I have a number of friends, but may go for many days at a time without talking to any of them (not counting wife, kids and dog). I just have lots of things I want to do, and need my "alone" time to be able to do them.
    Stephanie

Suzy,
    I like your description of me, I do share this with my wife these days.
    She is so tolerant of everything I do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Oh yes, Suzy, I'm a card carrying member. The thing is that with me I also love entertaining, and flirting, and learning about others. I find just about everyone really fascinating. Maybe it's just getting old, or getting over myself, or even growing up a little, but I really enjoy people in addition to really enjoying my alone time. For me, it's a balance.
    Lynn you could be my sister. Your self description fits me to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I too am a loner always have been.
    My friends I pick very carefully as well. I don't have to talk with friends everyday or even have contact with people in general to be happy.
    There can be days on end where I don't I don't utter a word because no one around to talk to.
    I like being alone most of the time.
    Join the club

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    I think its an issue of the label, and what it means to each of us. .
    Have to disagree with you here Steth if that’s O.K. with you. If you are totally fine with your own company, you can and always do sort out your own problems without any need for help from anybody [including so called therapists] and if you don’t know the meaning of loneliness or what it feels like, then you are a loner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    The thing is that with me I also love entertaining, and flirting,.
    If that includes cyber flirting then Suzy does a lot more than just flirt!
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-19-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Suzy, You described me pretty well. Except, I find it very hard to smile. My dad is a loner, and always implied that i be one. I was a loner all through school, but had several friends, was alwys shy around girls, and later jouined the baseball team in high school, but had almost no confidence, did not get to play much. Was very lonely , and wanted a girlfriend, but never had a steady, or SO. Strted dressing about age 14, then, not until decades later. Dressing reinforced my lonerdom. Found this site, as a place to communicate some, share pics. I don't desperately want a wife now, like i did much younger. My income is very low now, so i have nothing to offer a SO. I like living alone, had roommates, but those did not go well. I don't like being around crowds at all. Very individualistic for the most part. Sometimes, there is just no one to tall to, about my sorrows, and concerns, and i try to tell cashiers, or waitresses. I have no family that is safe, or good or healthy, to talk to. Most all my friends have left me. I am a loner.

Suzy, the thing that I love about you is your loner attitude. You live life on your terms. You are a treasure . Peace, melissa

Gee, I'm not the only "loner" in the world! good enough

Not a loner totally! I have cats! Crazy cat lady? Crazy cat guy? Crazy cat CD. Crazy cat loner? OK, I stop.

Banned Read only
    Suzy, when one gets to choose a definition, one can certainly make the most of it. I do not think that the average human would agree with your definition. It may work for you but for the vast majority, loner = lonely

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Suzy, when one gets to choose a definition, one can certainly make the most of it. I do not think that the average human would agree with your definition. It may work for you but for the vast majority, loner = lonely
    I don't mean to be rude here but how can anyone miss the point by so much? Google loner then Google lonely. [Or read my thread perhaps?]
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Banned Read only
    I did Suzy. I just live with clear glasses on.

I did Suzy. I just live with clear glasses on.
    No hard feelings my friend, I just seem to be using a different version of Google than you?

Wikipedia
    ‘Loner’ Being a loner is sometimes depicted culturally as a positive personality trait, as indicative of being independent and responsible’
    ‘Loneliness’ is a complex and usually unpleasant emotional response to isolation or lack of companionship’
    Two different words with two very different meanings.

Can I clean your glasses for you? [Said tongue in cheek Jennifer]
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-19-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    You are either built this way or you are not kim. Simple as that...

I love people, I just don't need them if that makes sense?
    Of course it does. I'm really not built that way, but I understand.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Suzy, I think you have failed to read my original reply in full. Again, as I wrote, "It may work for you but..." I do not question that YOU are ok being a loner.

suzy, love the definition...i am for sure a loner, but not at all lonely, and loving every bit of it!!
    paula

Suzy, I think you have failed to read my original reply in full. Again, as I wrote, "It may work for you but..." I do not question that YOU are ok being a loner.
    Yep, think I did.

‘loner = lonely’ you say? No, ‘loner’ not =‘lonely’ Two different meanings.
    Google good, Google help, Google place to go for meaning of Loner and lonely.

Suzy talking about ‘loner’ Suzy not talking about lonely. Suzy go now.
    Last edited by suzy1; 02-08-2014 at 11:58 AM.