Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting dressed/changing away from home

Banned Read only
    I have done the 15 min car makeup routine before and I would think that finding a quiet place to change in the car would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by KristyE View Post
    What about a local storage locker, monthly rates are are cheaper than 1 day at a motel and you could leave a card table and chair in it, you know fix it up for easy use.
    Love Kristy
    Since you don't want to reduce makeup time, this idea is your best option.

I've done this a lot and I've usually just picked a relatively quiet gents near my destination to get changed & make myself up, taken a mirror with me & done most of the work in the cubicle. Once I'm looking almost to my satisfaction, I'll move out to the mirror and finish the job. Sure, I get some pretty interesting looks, but quite frankly I rather like interesting looks.

Admittedly I do live in a pretty huge city, so the odds of being sprung are small and...OK, look everyone knows about me, so for me being sprung really isn't a thing.

One word of warning though: don't forget anything critical and really, really REALLY try not to cut your foot open on the store escalator and bleed everywhere to the point you need first aid assistance just before you get to the gents! True story. Ended up being a great night, but wow did my foot hurt after that & a night of wedge heels!
    Last edited by Bifrost; 01-20-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KristyE View Post
    What about a local storage locker, monthly rates are are cheaper than 1 day at a motel and you could leave a card table and chair in it, you know fix it up for easy use.
    Love Kristy
    This is a really great idea.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Thanks for the warning about the escalator Bifrost, but you're about a year too late!! Unfortunately I was already dressed up, and I was too chicken to go to the ER before I cleaned up and took off the nail polish. In my line of work there's a high likelyhood of running into someone I know at any ER or clinic in the area.
    I looked into the price of storage units- $80 a month for the smallest climate controlled unit, and I wouldn't even consider it in Texas without AC- I usually have to have a fan blowing air on me in my own house. Nevertheless, this might be an option during the summer when the kids are out of school, but I'm kind of a tight wad to spend that on something I would use maybe 2-3 times a month at the most.
    It looks like my best option is going to be a combo of car/parking/bathroom. I guess I was just wishful thinking that there was a magic phone booth out there somewhere I could pop into.

I am not able to go out dressed anymore , but when I did I always got ready in the car. I got pretty good at it. I had my routine down to about 20 minutes. Then I would find a close unisex restroom to double check every thing, make any touch ups, then I was off , it wasn't to bad of a system. It was always changing Back that stressed me out.

Kymberly,

Obviously the only place that would work for you is to purchase a safety deposit box at a bank nearby, keep all your professional makeup inside the box, and go in as a fireman and come out as a beautiful model. All the better banks have private areas to view your items and you can take as long as you need. Hope you like my suggestion.

Kimberly I believe. I would go to the Texas gals location site on here or another site. Find a friend on there that you can trust that lives close enough to your work area and try to work out something. If I lived near the Dallas area I would be pleased to let you use our house to make your changes in. Especially if I could learn from you on how to apply my makeup as lovely as you do. Heck I think my wife could learn some tricks from you.... Lol I'll tell her if I want her to know I said that... But Us Texas gals seem to be all very close and the ones on here seem to understand the problems we all face .

Typically I do the same as Karen when on the road. Underdress as much as you can, do as much make-up as possible in the car, then finish up in the unisex bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've done quick gender changes in portal potties or parks but the best was using family unisex restrooms on freeways.... go in male and come out female... Typically I would under dress and just take in what I was going to wear over plus makeup... put jewelry on in the car.. all packaged in a small tote or computer bag.... always was an adventure... lol
    Lisa

Using the restrooms in hotels....Yeah because we all know that hotels don't make money from people who rent rooms....

Sorry but to me that is almost like stealing.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The timing thing just doesn't make sense for me. How long do you plan on shopping, etc after work? Is it with the time. If so, I would vote for a family restroom at a public facility, like a visitors center. I've done it myself.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You may find it easy to cut down the size of your duffle to a brief-case or back pack with everything arranged accordding to need. Then go to a local hospital or other government building with a lobby area offering unisex or family restroom to do your change. With it being early in the mornning it should make it easy to go in male and with the time lapse come out female without the same sets of eyes present as when you entered. This should also be considered a non-issue as it is public funded and you helped pay for it, with all the amenities you need. And if it is a high traffic area that makes it better for someone that can blend as well as you.(From the avatar picture.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Silver Member
    Kymberly - you look great and I understand why you cannot dress at the firehouse. Unless you can find someone local (a Meetup or support CD group member) who will let you dress (unlikely), you are in the car/parking/bathroom mode. Maybe you can invest in a better make-up/mirror travel kit and maybe you can better organize your clothing. But you most likely have already done that. Maybe invest in a van which is better to apply makeup in and easier to change in. Good luck.