Thread: Awkward Moment

Awkward Moment

So my wife and I were watching TV and our 4 year old walks out into the room wearing my pumps. He says, "I'm a giant lady!" We both laughed a little, but I couldn't help going back to when I was his age and would slip on my moms heels and take them off before anyone caught me. He is far more bolder than I ever was. Instead of getting upset at him or telling him that it was wrong for wearing them we told him that he looked great.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

so it wasnt so awkward after all
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Valarie,
    Maybe awkward but your four year old knows nothing.
    It is just a game now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well I kind of meant "awkward" as in I didn't know how to respond right away. I didn't want to tell him that what he was doing was wrong like my mom did to me. My reaction was delayed a little, luckily my wife started the convo first.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

I understood what you meant. And he's lucky to have parents that were sensitive enough to know how to handle it.