Thread: bit awkward what should I do...?

bit awkward what should I do...?

Ok so this thread has two questions one is a technical issue and one is a social handling problem….
    I have decided that I wish to take the plunge with hair removal/ reduction at a level that involves laser or IPL…having done some research I felt it was better to go for the laser treatment and found some options that were available at a fairly heft price, so I can do my face and then in a year or so do my chest…lol as long as my hair hasn’t turned grey by then…!!
    So far so good I happened to mention this at my favourite beauty salon while I was having my nails done, and the lady and her partner gushed that they could help and had a great machine…IPL WITH RADIO FREQUENCY…but my research had suggested that IPL did not work as well as laser on a man and I voiced this…she / they went into some detail to show me how it had worked on men they were treating and that it defo would work on my pale skin and darker hair…and as a regular they would offer a special price ….and they did I could afford to do face and chest at same time….and I bought into their belief it would work….
    Later that evening I was out with the girls and I told them of my plan, but to my disappointment they all confirmed my worst fears that IPL just does not have the kick required to deliver successful out comes on a male face…..
    My question is does anyone out there have real life experience of this, and how do I handle it with my salon friends who yes want my money but have genuinely gone out of their way to help me and who are going to know if I get laser done elsewhere as it will show….I don’t want to hurt their feelings but a cheap price is still bloody expensive if it doesn’t work….
    One last question does the reduction of hair from the face feminize the face look…I am doing it to help the reduction of foundation but believe it makes the face appear more feminine in male mode…any comments on this…?

Silver Member
    Just tell them you were offered a free laser treatment and want to try that and see how it works before you make a decision.

The reduction of the hair will not feminize your face, but it will allow you to use less foundation so that you don't look so heavily made up and therefore so obvious.
    The feminization of you face can be accomplished with highlighting and contouring (check YouTube) or surgery if you are planning to go full time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

One of the benefits is without the hair follicles, the facial skin pores should get smaller, so you will have smoother skin.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I would be inclined to give it a trial run, explaining that you want out if it does not show promise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Why not ask them to do a test area demonstration...be honest that you have heard less than favorable reviews and need to be convinced that it's a good value.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

IPL is not considered a permanent removal
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,